Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Haha it was Backlash 2016. Fitting.

Do we know what the Jinder/Orton house shows are doing? I expect those will do worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ratings out and this Raw did worse than the one taped from London. 2.66 average

Unhinder the Jinder woof

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Anyway now that I'm home and not phone posting, the Observer break down of the Raw Ratings by Big Dave

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-raw-ratings-reach-another-record-low-week-236116

And yeah, the WWE is pretty much screwed next TV rights negotiation unless they heat the product up soon

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I eagerly await Jinder getting the 1 year epic reign to out do Okada and prove he is the #1 worker in the world

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So Bate/Dunne have one of the best WWE matches of the year by not working a WWE style so what do we get on 205 live with Tozawa? A WWE style street fight :sigh:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine thinking Zayn or Cesaro stand a chance of progressing from here

Like I'm close to actively thinking worse of them for sticking around in such a doomed situation

You've got to think at least Cesaro is either looking at ROH or New Japan the moment his contract is up.

It's not like Vince hasn't had crazy ideas like this before. It's just when he had them he had cold hard bad PPV buy rates to tell him the idea sucked and he changed directions. In the era of network subs he's not gonna see those numbers till it's way to late.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They'd probably offer Omega decent money but than F it up and say he needs to spend a year in NXT. Hell they'd do the same to Okada too

Edit:

VJeff posted:

Maybe those guys are holding out for 2019 because when the TV deal sucks a dick, Vince'll get forced out and for all his flaws, HHH's booking philosophy seems to be "push the guy that is good and talks good and wrestles good and gets over."

He has the number to tell him his ideas are poo poo, he just ignores them and comes up with explanations why constant record low ratings don't matter at all.

The only down business number for them right now is TV ratings though, everything else is doing okay. They just keep foolishly believing the TV ratings is due to Cord cutting/NBA/whatever.

Now granted we haven't seen what the Orton/Jinder house shows will draw in the US. Given the way Backlash ticket sales went once that main was announced I expect them to be bad. So unless we see a huge upswing in merchandise/Network subs in India we should see probably some of the worst Network era numbers

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 24, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean who is going to bid against USA? ESPN? Fox? Given the ratings decline and the state of TV I don't see anybody putting up any kind of cash.

And if they go network only for the show...well that's a huge loss of money they won't be able to replace.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

In theory the WWE should be able to make Conor McGregor/Ronda Rousey megastars easier cause they control wins and loses. Of course in practice the WWE can't make a top guy worth a drat right now....

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Braun could be/could of been a mega star if they just had him fully destroy Roman and had him go over Brock. It'd also help to take a bit of heat off Roman and you could have Roman beat Braun later. But they 50/50 him so some of the heat died of and welp he hurt his elbow

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the only firm Wrestlemania plan is Brock vs Roman, which given the way ratings are going seems like a Wonderful idea.

But yeah, Braun in the end would of lost to Brock and than Roman would beat him and than we're in Rumble season get in!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Listening to WOL/WOR for the week and it seems the WWE wants to go long term with Jinder to build India business up. At the very least he's going to be Champ until they get the next quarter numbers so Summerslam will be the earliest he'll drop the title. To even *gasp* the Mania program being him vs Cena.

This is gonna be Diesel reign bad isn't it?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have to wonder if they're looking at any blowback at Jinder being Champ is going to be brushed off using the "Roman Reigns is booed but business is still good" excuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

But you see everybody wants to work for the WWE! It's an honor to work there and they really shouldn't pay fair wages for the talent...

Honest question - What would wrestler potentially be paid if they had an MLB like sports union back in the 70's?

• Locked thread