Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Lid posted:

Joman Jeigns

To reinforce this: part of why I hate the Jinder push is that it's both Race baiting, asking for bigotry, and works only if they think the Indian fans are drat idiots.

It takes only the tiniest of intelligence to realise that Jinder is an rear end in a top hat who doesn't deserve the title. Plus the simplest of wikipedia search to find out he's Canadian.

Any female opinions confirm/deny: Jinder is an ugly man with a large nose. Then again, large nose didn't stop HHH from being a sex symbol to a lot of ladies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

What's this "deserve" business?

Because he won only via the help of 2 other people, Indians should hate the guy just the same.

Team Canada Bret Hart had flunkies that helped him, and he talked about how America is a deeply flawed nation, but he could be respected due to his actual skill and years of hard work. At least I think that's how it went, feel free to correct me on that, but this doesn't feel like a heel in America, face everywhere else kind of situation.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Wait, what did Jinder do that was so assholish, other than imitate Rewarded With A Wrestlemania 31 Main Event Win Seth Rollins by hitting his opponent really hard in head?

He was really stiff with main eventers for no reason? Concussed Finn, I'm amazed he didn't concuss Roman on a dropkick he gave him like 2 weeks before that. The actual guy is probably nice enough, I think most people just think he not deserve the push based on his ability, and the reasons why he is getting it anyway are awful/terrifying.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Eli Wiggum posted:

That VICE article is spot-on

Except for saying that the audience eat it up, while noting the declining ratings.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

Don't want to hinder the Jinder talk, but I guess they're telegraphing Balor/Lesnar for GREAT BALLS OF FIRE? I'm not sure I want to see that match yet. Maybe I'm a stupid idiot though.

They sure are. A large part of me doesn't want to see the match as much because they had Finn lose twice in the last 3 weeks because they're insane.

KungFu Grip posted:

People wanted Daniel Bryan to face Brock and win

drat loving straight.

DLC Inc posted:

So the storyline for Raw's No.1 Contender is basically nothing more than "smash these 5 guys together in random matches with basically no storyline or deeper meaning"

Including, as Bryan and Vinny pointed out, they did the initial segment backwards by having Kurt make the match then they said they deserved the shot, as opposed to the other way around.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Your theory has actually been tested by Liger

https://youtu.be/6gS2nSn42Ag

For those wondering, Liger tries to pin 4 NJPW stars after a night out, at 5am after sneaking into their rooms. If his enemy is drunkenly asleep, can he pin: Tanahashi, Nakanishi, Togi Makabe, or Honma?

Vaguido posted:

And that's what I'm saying. I don't know in what world an entire man (190 lbs or 300 lbs doesn't matter) stomping his feet down full force directly on your chest, where your heart lives, doesn't look like it hurts to you.

It makes sense, but Finn's style often looks worse. The style where you buckle your legs and fall forwards looks better than his, where he looks like he slips on his opponent.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Roman is never going to be a credible underdog without losing a lot of matches clean. which would be stupid because he,s the face of the company

you'd think Vince and wwe would be able to do the math and stop booking him as an underdog but welp

Do you forget the years of Cena beating the odds? He couldn't possibly win in ~this~ situation!

Roman beating Finn last week 'because he needed a win' makes sense in that context. I'm actually getting close to my tether of bad booking :(

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah but his youthful good looks won't last fore-
Looks at Ibushi
....nevermind....

That lady who gets to look across at him wearing a wedding dress (in a chapel and not the ring this time) will be a super lucky lady.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

About that tho...

Dude, lady, waifu, I'm sure Ibushi will look radiant beside them.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

i think jinder should get a romance angle

They should kill 2 birds with one stone and do the high profile LGBT homosexual plotline they said they would do.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

So he becomes The Jinder Bender?

If they went full absurd with putting him in a form fitting dress with his juiced up body, sure why the hell not.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

How long has it been since WWE had a champ who's torso looked like the surface of the moon?

Kevin Owen's stomach is shaped like the moon?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Lol of course a goon would be mad about a shirt being a color other than black.

It's a bad decision for his first shirt. Do you actually think white with black text works better for the character and design, or do you just like being annoyed?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

To properly say both, you're supposed to briefly make the mouth movement for the u, but not the sound.

Also don't go by what English commentators say if that's what you're listening to. If there's a difference in how the wrestlers actually say it, it might be because Asuka has a relatively pronounced Osaka accent.

See also: Yah-kuza vs weird pro wrestling pronunciation Ya-kooza

Every drat time a Yakuza kick is used.

Also Darren Young is clearly not a marketable force enough to be pushed. At least that jacked up bland dude won't be main champion. Did they even move him to Smackdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you ready for a train wreck?

Oh and in terms of injuries, yeah the style is so physical now. Ever hear people talking about how they used to do nothing?

Some stiff punches, way more bleeding, but less high flying and a lot more stalling. And squash matches! It's a lot physically easier to squash some loser than have a competitive match.

• Locked thread