Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Haha it was Backlash 2016. Fitting.

Jinder superior to AJ Styles and Dean Ambrose confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jinder Mahal is the top full-time wrestler in the world.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wait, what did Jinder do that was so assholish, other than imitate Rewarded With A Wrestlemania 31 Main Event Win Seth Rollins by hitting his opponent really hard in head?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wazzu posted:

He was really stiff with main eventers for no reason? Concussed Finn, I'm amazed he didn't concuss Roman on a dropkick he gave him like 2 weeks before that. The actual guy is probably nice enough, I think most people just think he not deserve the push based on his ability, and the reasons why he is getting it anyway are awful/terrifying.

So he imitated Wrestlemania 31 Main Event Winner Seth Rollins.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jinder Mahal is the most absurd booking since 2000 WCW and I can't possibly do anything in response to it but laugh.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Anyone who would stay down long enough for Finn to hit the stomp is down long enough for him to have already gotten the pin.

This is the problem with combining logic and top rope stuff.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

reignofevil posted:

Think of it this way if a wrestler feels someone pressed to their body they're gonna kick out; on the other hand if they're just layin there not feeling anything go wrong theyll probably try to take a breather. Top rope moves are just exploiting this basic weakness in wrestling psychology.

I prefer to think of it as wrestling is pretty dumb and that's what makes it fun.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fenrir posted:

I still can't believe that in TYOOL 2017 Jinder loving Mahal is WWE Champion.

That is #1 full-time wrestler in the world Jinder Mahal to you.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Or maybe they're sticking around because they can make more money being in WWE than anywhere else (which is why they signed in the first place), and you should look down on them for wanting the maximum monetary compensation for the limited time they're able to perform their job, the selfish fucks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The point isn't what you make out of the gate, the point is that if you get pushed to the main event, you'll make more than what you could otherwise. New Japan isn't shelling out Okada money for anybody who isn't Okada.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

The young bucks and omega signed a deal with Hot Topic. Not NJPW, but The Bucks and Omega.

That's not really a fair comparison because The Bucks work harder on their brand than anybody not named Vince McMahon works on anything.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I remember when Conor McGregor did one tweet making fun of pro wrestling, and it managed to make so much of the WWE roster mad, including AJ Styles going "Pfft, small fighters, LOL", which is hilarious for many, many reasons, the least of which is that WWE looked at him and looked at Jinder Mahal, and went "Well, of course push Mahal, he's bigger!"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

If Samoa Joe were related to The Rock do you think he'd be getting Roman's push? :thinking:

Samoa Joe had an offer from WWE in 2005 and chose TNA, so him finally reaching WWE now that he's too old to be a star for a decade is his fault.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Braun's entire push was meant to be a platform for Roman to get over and challenge Brock at Summerslam to win the title and you're foolish if you think otherwise.

The plan was for Braun to face Brock at Great Balls of Fire, and for Balor to face Brock at Summerslam, so uh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

bradzilla posted:

Sorry to ruin this for you, but Jinder Mahal isn't even Indian, he's Canadian lmao

Canada still acknowledges the Queen, which makes them basically Britain, so Yorkshire is even more connected to Jinder.

• Locked thread