Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/867078766631165954

Women's tournament is the Mae Young Classic three weeks from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

July, not June.

Ah, I'm dumb and can't read. Couple of months seems like a more reasonable turnaround.

That DICK! posted:

In honor of Mae Young we gather 32 of the worlds most impressionable young Divas, shortchange them on pay and pimp them out to road agents

That's the Fabulous Moolah Invitational.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You're gonna have Tamina and Carmella working a ladder match. Jesus.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Sasha in the Banks match where your objective is to not let Sasha Banks die after she falls off a ladder trying to do something suicidal.

edit: I still like Sasha. :unsmith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I still don't know why they split the women's and the tag division. Just put each one on different shows, focus the draft on singles and NXT callups, maybe two dudes decide to move to tag or singles competition, I'unno.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

Their ratings are down so far with men but steadyish with women that it'd be nuts to make the women's division brand exclusive.

Are they steady in both shows, and compared to what they were before the brand split? What about the tag divisions? From a booking perspective it feels weird to separate two very shallow divisions in half, I'm not sure if it's THE move from a business standpoint either, even if the ratings didn't budge all that much. A lot of WWE's decisions boil down to "we're not sure because every time they try to change no one commits past the adaptation stage anyway", as far as I care.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

Haven't seen Smackdown demos in awhile so I'm not sure. With the tag and women they should have just had one champion across too shows. The divisions are way too shallow but it'd be weird to have one be brand exclusive.

I'd take that too, I guess. Exclusive divisions could be cool as a way to differenciate both products and maybe make people engage Smackdown AND Raw, but I suppose five hours of wrestling probably would mean people ignoring an entire division, which means reduced merch sales/house show tickets so yeah.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Big Meltz seems to have misprinted two stars and a half on that Breezango match. Someone should let him know so he can round it up to 5* again.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Benne posted:

I didn't think it was very funny so maybe I'm secretly Dave :shrug:

Well, if you are go fix that rating and learn to have some fun, you humorless doof. :colbert:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Vaguido posted:

All loving wrestling shirts are black. Be thankful they decided to do something different with someone's shirt for once.

It's weird they did it to the one dude where black would be quite fitting. Anyway, I don't think anyone is very mad about this, but I'll let Rob have it so he has a modicum of happiness in his day for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I feel like Roman's style is what Meltzer comes to expect from WWE faces and matches, and the fact a lot of those 4+ stars are in championship matches doesn't really hurt either.

He's a dude that won't ever steal the show, but is good enough to hang with top-tier talent. The Super Cena booking sucks though.

• Locked thread