Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
After watching Aiden English at a house show last night I can confirm they put the WWE title on the wrong jobber. Aiden is cool and good, draws legit heat and not "get this jobber off my TV" heat and he has a good look that doesn't shout steroid abuse, even if that happens to be the case.

Edit: Not to mention they could've pushed him after Gotch left and people wouldn't have seen it as a "jobber" getting a push out of nowhere but a guy doing better after he shed some dead weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Guys did you know if you do an irish whip in real life the guy will just not move???????

Can't believe this fake fighting is so unrealistic.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah in fake fighting how could you possibly care about moves that "would hurt in real life" versus moves that look like they hurt

The point is that this is fake bullshit fighting and that if you can't suspend your disbelief enough to believe the coup de grace would hurt just because the guy is tiny, maybe you should watch a different form of entertainment. This, of course, is completely ignoring the fact that Finn's finish is legitimately deadly and could kill someone twice your size in a shoot.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the whole point of using moves that look like they hurt, rather than moves "that would hurt in real life" is to help the audience suspend disbelief

And that's what I'm saying. I don't know in what world an entire man (190 lbs or 300 lbs doesn't matter) stomping his feet down full force directly on your chest, where your heart lives, doesn't look like it hurts to you.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

If I were a wrestler my finisher would be using a gun to kill my opponent or make them submit to prevent being shot.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

ThePariah posted:

In this post-Jinder world, who can really say what the ceiling is for any given individual?

Maybe Zack Ryder can be WWE Champion after all.

Unless Long Island starts housing 1.3 billion people, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one my man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

All loving wrestling shirts are black. Be thankful they decided to do something different with someone's shirt for once.

• Locked thread