Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I wonder what the tipping point is between the "hilarious" Jinder memes and him sucking too much for it to even be morbidly amusing anymore.

I give it a month.

This also seems like a great time to try NJ World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

KungFu Grip posted:

People wanted Daniel Bryan to face Brock and win

Good people, those. Hella smart people.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Mat wrestling is an OK style for a little guy to face a big guy with. When Finn does that stupid rear end double stomp I can't possibly think it'll hurt someone that's like twice as big.

lmao I dunno if you were aware of this, but an entire person's weight crashing down on your stomach through their feet kinda stings a bit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
MitB is always at least a 6-man match, right? If Naomi has a match for the women's title at the pay per view, that leaves them five women tops.

Time to call up Nikki Cross!

Actually, no, she still needs a singles match with Ember Moon.

Time to call up Nikki Cross and Ember Moon!

Actually, no, she still needs to beat Asuka.

Time to call up Nikki Cross and Ember Moon and Asuka!

Whew, there, problem solved. :)

(in all seriousness I think they may call up the Aussies to fill this out)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jinder sucks but Talking Smack doesn't suck.

Lid posted:

Jinder was brought in as as Enhancement Talent

In his jobber career he managed to stand out by actively making wrestlers look worse, and injure them.

He can't cut a promo.

He is objectively worse than James Ellsworth

I really miss when Ellsworth was a main eventer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Maybe those guys are holding out for 2019 because when the TV deal sucks a dick, Vince'll get forced out and for all his flaws, HHH's booking philosophy seems to be "push the guy that is good and talks good and wrestles good and gets over."

SatoshiMiwa posted:

You've got to think at least Cesaro is either looking at ROH or New Japan the moment his contract is up.

It's not like Vince hasn't had crazy ideas like this before. It's just when he had them he had cold hard bad PPV buy rates to tell him the idea sucked and he changed directions. In the era of network subs he's not gonna see those numbers till it's way to late.

He has the number to tell him his ideas are poo poo, he just ignores them and comes up with explanations why constant record low ratings don't matter at all.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 24, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you're a big name (which Cesaro, Zayn and the other stupidly unpushed guys definitely are) you can make probably just as much money on the indies while having much more control over your schedule and your character.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel like Omega wouldn't come unless they backed the truck up to his house, so, probably not? They'd have to give him more than he's already making to lure him away from what he's doing now.

But I also feel like Omega's definitely waiting out Vince.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, his voice has been hoarse as gently caress for basically every promo he's cut. It's extremely jarring and drags me out of the promo even worse than him saying YOU AMERICANS for the 57th loving time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SatoshiMiwa posted:

They'd probably offer Omega decent money but than F it up and say he needs to spend a year in NXT. Hell they'd do the same to Okada too

Edit:

The only down business number for them right now is TV ratings though, everything else is doing okay. They just keep foolishly believing the TV ratings is due to Cord cutting/NBA/whatever.

Now granted we haven't seen what the Orton/Jinder house shows will draw in the US. Given the way Backlash ticket sales went once that main was announced I expect them to be bad. So unless we see a huge upswing in merchandise/Network subs in India we should see probably some of the worst Network era numbers

I mean, a massive chunk of their revenue comes from TV, so if the ratings keep falling as they have been for the entirety of the TV deal...that's not gonna be good for the next one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
UFC next year is gonna be really interesting and they might be in an even spookier situation than WWE because they just bought the company for 4 billion dollars right before Ronda Rousey hosed off and Conor McGregor realized he can do literally whatever the gently caress he wants because he has the entire company by the balls.

Meanwhile, WWE does things in a way where they specifically never have to worry about Conor McGregor problems, but they never have to worry about making Conor McGregor money either. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The breadth of reactions to that was fascinating.

On one end of the scale, you had Roman going "your the size of my leg. Shut up" and then having to correct himself on his spelling of "you're".
On the other, you had Samoa Joe posting this:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Having Roman just straight up beat Braun clean at Fastlane is honestly right up there as a terrible decision with...well I guess all the other stupid poo poo they've done with Roman at Fastlane!

Boy, that show is a real rear end in a top hat, huh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzu posted:

That lady who gets to look across at him wearing a wedding dress (in a chapel and not the ring this time) will be a super lucky lady.

I agree. Kenny Omega is a very lucky lady.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I legitimately expected the ratings to drop like a stone, tbh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rhonne posted:

People are probably tuning in just to see what the hell is going on. I'm more curious as to how the ratings will look after a month with Jinder as champion.

Yeah I guess we'll see what happens after three more weeks of Randy feuding with Jinder and Jinder probably cutting the same drat promo three more times.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

I didn't think it was very funny so maybe I'm secretly Dave :shrug:

Hey why wasn't DIY/Revival 2/3 falls a 5 star.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

BRIE MOOOOOOODE!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I forgive Cena for Mania 30 because he put Bray over as strong as possible this year and really made him look like a strong, credible champion and WWE still immediately botched it as hard as possible, so clearly John's not the one at fault here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNWNoMZ0MBg

P.o.P. vs. THE CHAMP. It's finally time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I honestly didn't think they could come up with worse material for Roman than the garbage they were already making him say but this constant "IT'S MY YARD" poo poo is orders worse than anything else he's ever done.

• Locked thread