Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wish Jinder was CANADIAN HERO JINDER MAHAL instead of this evil brown foreigner gimmick tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
do any of the angles on raw have any heat on them? i watched backlash and while i thought some of the matches were good, i didn't actually *care* about who won any of them. then i remembered i felt this way about payback too. basically i just watched them hoping for a good match or two and the spectacle (nakamura debut, house of horrors clusterfuck)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
wwe should just pay sachin tendulkar to tweet out some praise for jinder. it will probably be cheaper and more effective than any other thing they have planned to make him popular in india.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

CubsWoo posted:

It's amazing looking back at times like the 80s where huge chunks of the business were on gear and coke and people bled nightly and did unsafe things with ungimmicked chairs and tables on top of working heavier schedules yet careers lasted as long or longer than they do now and the characters were so popular and iconic that even mid/upper midcard guys from the era still get nostalgia pops that outshine the current talent. The aftermath and the dead wrestlers before old age are tragic but it remains to be seen if the current talent will see similar death rates 10-20 years out.

Wrestling is a performance and nobody bats an eye when actors take and do dangerous poo poo to change their bodies for a role. There's no point in having the policy if it doesn't have teeth outside of calming shareholder nerves (since apparently part-timers aren't tested and you can get a waiver like Ryback did) so just quietly hand out exemptions, do token suspensions for the benefit of the company and let's get the Dino Bravo Memorial Bench Press tournament going in the fall of 2018.

it annoys me that modern wwe lets their wrestlers work a concussion-heavy style in pointless, heatless throwaway matches on raw but won't allow blading even in cage matches or hiac matches on ppv where it might add to the match.

• Locked thread