Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Ron Darling posted:

because Obama didn't pan out to really any wish

I took the liberty of fixing this for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

COMRADES posted:

I feel like I followed his campaign closely and never once did I get that message.

As far as I'm aware the point was very much that you need to address the economy and education and overall quality of life hand in hand in order to address racism, classism, and social inequality in any kind of meaningful way.

Which is true. The problem is selling that to people because they want their specific needs taken care of first, and so on, and so on...

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Korranus posted:

Because the general level of education in this country has regressed to the point where winning elections with identity politics is cheaper

I'm not so sure that's the right word, given what a certain Hillary R. Clinton spent to lose.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Korranus posted:

It's cheaper than funding a fair education system.

Well yeah, but I question if it's cheaper than having a platform that naturally entices people to vote for you.

• Locked thread