Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Who's going to the 2024 Lemon Party convention?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The whole crux of Bernie's economic inequality argument is that racism, classism, and social inequality are always going to be ingrained into society, so why not repair the issues with our economy, health care system, social safety net, education, and overall quality of life?

Because the general level of education in this country has regressed to the point where winning elections with identity politics is cheaper and easier than using an old-fashioned policy platform, long term race relations be damned.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Tallgeese posted:

I'm not so sure that's the right word, given what a certain Hillary R. Clinton spent to lose.

It's cheaper than funding a fair education system.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Tallgeese posted:

Well yeah, but I question if it's cheaper than having a platform that naturally entices people to vote for you.
I guess it depends on the going rate on a good Madison Avenue crafted catchphrase.

• Locked thread