Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stexils posted:

only 1/3 of the votes for party chair come from delegates elected by popular vote lmao

The Democrat Party needs to reform or die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sanders made a very salient argument that if the economics continue being as they are then you can have all the tolerance and whatever liberal crap that you like and black people will still remain exploited and abused.

I really can't believe that he is painted as the "white" candidate because he acknowledges the economic realities that black leaders like MLK Jr and Malcolm X spoke about and doesn't just try to push some "just be nicer to minorities" crap versus Hillary "Superpredator" Clinton who offers more of the same with a smile. The man was arrested at civil rights rallies back in the day but yeah he's definitely some racist in disguise.

Ron Darling posted:

The factors of Hillary's defeat were numerous, and starting with her, but Sanders seems to think that as long as you have economic equality everything else will magically fall into place and we'll turn into this rainbow land of unicorns and dreams and lol that will never happen without first dealing with the very real structural and systemic racist issues that are ingrained within the American fabric

If there is true economic equality then there isn't an exploited minority underclass and no white power coming down on people but Sanders never said "racism isn't a problem" so... where is this narrative coming from? The publications owned by a company that Chelsea sits on the board of?

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 23, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The problem of racism goes hand in hand with the economics but the Democrats don't want to say that or believe that because that means that our capitalist system itself spawns racism and brutality and they don't want to mess up the status quo too much. Then they say other people are the real racists for wanting to fix the conditions that spawn the racism in the first place.

Numerous black leaders have said the exact same thing and were assassinated for their trouble.

But black people don't give a poo poo about whether the white man likes them or tolerates them. It's about economic and political self determination. It's about not having to rely on the white man for a job and to live in the first place. Then it doesn't matter if the white man likes you or not.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 23, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I feel like Bernie was just the leftist populist candidate, the answer to Trump on the right. Then the DNC stamped out that flame in favor of Hillary and got slammed like Jeb Bush got slammed because no one wanted status quo.

He wasn't magic, he wasn't a miracle, he was just actually saying what people wanted to hear instead of the party line of "well the Fed says unemployment is real low so things are GREAT!"

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The whole crux of Bernie's economic inequality argument is that racism, classism, and social inequality are always going to be ingrained into society, so why not repair the issues with our economy, health care system, social safety net, education, and overall quality of life?

I feel like I followed his campaign closely and never once did I get that message.

As far as I'm aware the point was very much that you need to address the economy and education and overall quality of life hand in hand in order to address racism, classism, and social inequality in any kind of meaningful way.

If anything it was Clinton promising to help racism, classism, and social inequality while not really addressing the economics of the situation whatsoever, which made it an empty promise. Hillary's solution was more equality in boardrooms, meanwhile the boardrooms are grinding the people into dust daily.

Yeah

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 23, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The Greens aren't the answer anyway. They're just capitalism with a human face.

Well meaning maybe but really they're just "well off liberals the party."

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
She could easily make a general anti- revolving door argument because it certainly isn't an issue just with the FDA and pharma companies but she is focused on that in particular because a large part of the Green's base is anti-vax.

Whether or not she personally says the words "vaccines are bad" is kind of irrelevant in that context.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bogus Adventure posted:

It's quite easy to pay for universal health care when you have people wait for weeks or months to see a doctor.

I love this argument as if people don't wait weeks or months to see a doctor in the USA.

I just called for a visit. Had to wait a month before I could schedule an appointment, then the doctor ordered procedures that had to be approved by insurance first which took a week then they called me to schedule the procedure for a month later.

• Locked thread