Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Larry Parrish posted:

The California DNC is literally the worst lmfao

The California.... Democratic National Committee? :raise:

Forceholy posted:

And single payer in California is suffocated with a pillow.

gently caress the CADNP.

lol yes this is what suffocated it, not the fact that it would cost 4x the entire state budget

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...-htmlstory.html

quote:

A single-payer healthcare system in California — a galvanizing cause among the state's progressive flank — would cost $400 billion annually, according to a legislative analysis released on Monday.

The analysis, released in advance of the proposal's hearing in a key fiscal committee, fills in what has so far been the biggest unanswered question concerning the plan to dramatically overhaul California's healthcare coverage.

The analysis found that the proposal would require:

A total cost of $400 billion per year to cover all healthcare and administrative costs.
Of that, $200 billion of existing federal, state and local funds could be repurposed to go toward the single-payer system.
The additional $200 billion would need to be raised from new taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Pawn 17 posted:

The democrats deserve everything they are getting and they deserve to lose big in every election until they are dead and gone.

i too would love the republicans to remain in power in perpetuity

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Actually, Hillary lost because she ran a mediocre campaign, the Voting Rights Act dismantling killed voting for poor minorities in key states, and oh yeah, white people suck.

this and also bernie ran a fairly white-centric campaign and still lost

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

phasmid posted:

So his appeals for a more equal America were racially charged? Or are you just blaming him for Hillary's defeat?

The factors of Hillary's defeat were numerous, and starting with her, but Sanders seems to think that as long as you have economic equality everything else will magically fall into place and we'll turn into this rainbow land of unicorns and dreams and lol that will never happen without first dealing with the very real structural and systemic racist issues that are ingrained within the American fabric

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

honestly though Trump is the best thing for democrats because they would have been wiped the f out in the next midterms if she had won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

phasmid posted:

Hillary is after his heart*. They both used broad rhetoric that appealed to emotions, with constant reminders that the way out would not be an easy one. They both promised a land of unicorns. The only difference I see is that Bernie wanted to take gambles that would appeal broadly and Hillary was just a Judas goat for her special interests. Clinton showed no love of poor people, middle class people or minorities. She only cared about her narrowest constituency - big donors.

Are you suggesting that anything short of divine intervention would just whoosh racism away?

*in tactics.

No but I do see in the current undertow of progressivism a sort of benevolent racism, wherein the white people are going to give these policies to the minorities that would supposedly lift them up without dealing with the exposed raw nerves underneath. I'm not saying that this is all current progressivism, but I'm seeing it crop up here and there. I'm also peeved that every time Bernie candidates lose they always fall back on the old VOTER FRAUD canard instead of looking at their own candidates and nominating someone who's acceptable to everyone

I'm not a bernie person, and while yes I did vote for Clinton I'm infuriated she won't take any personal responsibility for her loss in this because it always comes down to the candidate, win or lose. My problem is this: if Bernie had won and failed to implement like, anything, then what? every time I asked someone about this they'd be all "well we'd just vote in progressives next time" without honestly understanding like any dynamics of midterms. He was some sort of magical panacea that people stuck their hopes to because Obama didn't pan out to their every wish

idk i have feelings on this

• Locked thread