Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
didn't WN have this same exact thing happen just like 2 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I can't wait til I more or less get to stop hearing "Q400" at work tbqh

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

rldmoto posted:

Is that a Dragonfly? Holy poo poo, that's a Dragonfly. I haven't seen one of those since Oshkosh in the '90's. Weirdo plane, Rutan wannabe kind of thing, but 130mph-ish on 80hp at 4gph is pretty okay.

I won't every fly behind a Jabiru though, that's for sure.

edit: Looking at the tail, I think that is actually a Rutan Quickie, which is even faster using a VW engine.

my dad built a dragonfly. we keep it in the hangar, it's kind of scary to fly and one killed my dad's best friend.

our m201j is way less frightening

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I am an airline employee but not for United. Basically everyone, not just United, is increasing capacity like crazy and it is overwhelming several airports throughout the US. It’s incredibly frustrating for everyone. SEA, for example, often has security lines out the door into the parking garage because Alaska and Delta have increased their flight volume there so much without any real regard for counter, ramp, or security staffing. I am not really sure what the solution is besides Congress getting involved because everyone’s rushing back into the post COVID void ready or not.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Alaska does PSG to WRG in 737s as part of the milk run which is only 24 miles. Does that count?

I’ve done BLI to SEA which is only like 80 miles and is a quick up and down

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Fly or die

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

In some of the video of AS1288 losing its landing gear the other day someone’s iPhone alarm is going the entire time. It is by far the most anxiety inducing part of the whole situation to me

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I work for an airline and was commuting one time when something went and we could smell fuel in the cabin. We had to turn around & I’ve never been more internally terrified in my life of some kind of spark. The elite next to me was bitching that we better get compensation

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Inner Light posted:

Well, that’s fair isn’t it? The status quo is that maintenance delays or cancellations, or even worse an in-air incident, is eligible for voucher / refund. At least as I understand it.

The suckers who never ask may end up without that compensation, unless required by law. Though I imagine these days airlines have an auto voucher system for passenger manifests on these flights.

Oh I’m not saying it wasn’t fair, just that the immediate concern being compensation and not a single spark burning us all to death in the air within a max of like 15 minutes didn’t register at all for this person

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Fair enough. It was concerning enough to the pilots that we did have to get checked out by the fire department when we landed before they'd even let us approach the gate.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Alaska about to get a deluge of status match requests out west lmao

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I think I can list for zed business with delta so this is actually really good news for me

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

One of the best things about working for an airline is I can disappear for 2 weeks and nobody gives a gently caress. I’ll never give that up

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Sitting at LIH on a delay and in the last hour I’ve watched 4 women charge straight into the men’s restroom. Do people’s brains just shut off at the airport?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Lost a CFI and a kid from my company to a crash the other night, the other occupant (also one of our airline flight academy students) is still alive and in critical condition. Nobody older than 22 in this case too. Very sad.

https://www.wivb.com/news/national/two-people-killed-after-plane-crashes-into-oregon-home/amp/

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

It’s really sad, poor kids. I heard from a coworker that the girl who survived is stable and conscious in the hospital so that’s good at least. She’s really banged up though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

vessbot posted:

Duders there's been a new thread on for the last few days. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043724

Mods please close?

There’s been a new thread for one day and the new OP asked people to post their ratings here.