Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

St_Ides posted:

I highly recommend going for a balloon flight when you get a chance.

Seconding this. I went for a balloon ride when I was vacationing in Napa valley. I initially chose it as "seems like it will be kind of interesting thing to do on vacation, why not" kind of thing, and it ended up being one of my favorite things on that trip. The balloon pilot was super knowledgable (he was a balloon racer, I didn't even know that existed), and the ride itself was awesome. Its obvious in retrospect, but since the balloon moves with the wind, there is no relative wind when you are in the basket so its very peaceful and serene (the views in wine country are amazing of course). The pilot landed in the same spot as we took off, which he said was a pretty rare "hole-in-one" landing, but nonetheless spoke to his experience navigating the various wind changes at different altitudes. I would highly recommend a balloon ride to anyone, especially pilots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Crossposting from the AIRPOWER thread, Delta beats Irma: https://twitter.com/i/moments/905487561182908416