Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Hey flying friends, not sure if this is the proper thread but I don't see a general "airport workers" thread other than the ATC one so I figure I'd ask here.

Just left Munich to return to the states, when I went through the metal detector at security, it beeped once and they had me sit down while they rubbed a small cloth over a few parts of my clothes/body and inserted it into a machine. I'm familiar with the whole "explosive residue" scan, but what would make the detector beep? Is it just a signal for a random check? I had already emptied my pockets and put my bag onto the conveyor belt, so I'm certain I had nothing on me that would have set it off.

It took all of thirty seconds for the guy to swab me, put it in the machine, and tell me I'm good to go. That's the first time that's ever happened to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Not brown. Maybe a new program to weed out Y'all Qaeda looking American types? I'm not from the South so I can't imagine that, either.

Regardless, metal detectors don't scan for brown skin, so that wouldn't be why it beeped once anyway.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

~the magic of airports~

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Quick, stupid question for anybody familiar with TSA Precheck:

I applied for and received a Known Traveler Number about a month and a half after booking a trip through Expedia. I've added the KTN to my Expedia account, but do I also need to contact the airline to update my existing reservation with the KTN? My understanding is that it's printed on the boarding pass and so needs to be in their system before I get to the airport, so I just want to make sure I've got my poo poo together. I thought about just getting in line for a call center rep but the trip is still months away so I figured I'd try this thread first to save the hassle