Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

gottagotowork posted:

I also would have also expected some pushback, but hey, whatever works if the crew was comfortable with it. Like you said if the braking performance calcs still checked out... I'll keep that counterexample in my back pocket for my next petty gate call

I will say that it was a DC-10-30, so they still had 9 more to play with. Not quite the same when you’ve only got four brakes on board, and you’re down to one on that axle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

It wasn’t exactly an unpopulated area.

https://x.com/thenewarea51/status/1690854363810414593?s=46&t=v-jPHHI3el2DgXfsxbh7ww

Just good luck all around. My crystal ball says the FAA is going to have something to say about this one.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I would definitely secure a medical (or decide on going with basicmed) before proceeding with any more flight training.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ImplicitAssembler posted:

You'll smell Jet fuel way (way!) before it's concentrated enough to catch fire. A minor splash on your shoe will stink up a room to near unbearable levels.

My club took delivery of a leaseback DA40NG and on day one started storing the fuel tester in the front seat pocket.

So ya, that airplane will forever smell like jet fuel.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

hobbesmaster posted:

Delta should’ve never retired the DC-9-50 so new frequent fliers can learn that weird, extremely loud noises, severe vibrations and burning smells are normal and fine.

I can’t hear you over the 400hz whine.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Phanatic posted:

So after much back and forth with the FAA, they've seen fit to allow my GF to hold a first class cert, which they've now mailed to her. So far so good.

:toot:

Refreshing to see someone do this in the right order for a change. Good on her.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

DA40s only draw from the left tank unless you select the emergency fuel valve setting. You use a separate electric transfer pump to shift fuel from right to left as you burn it.

You also have no quantity indication for the extended range tanks, so the first ten gallons aren’t displayed at all.

:v:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

e.pilot posted:

drat you’re flying the fancy DA40s

*single pinkie raised high in the air*

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

There’s a simple solution here.

1500hr requirement for CFI.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Aviation Megathread 10: It’s going to be all rote

Changed my mind.

Aviation Megathread 10: The kids are all rote

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

vessbot posted:

Duders there's been a new thread on for the last few days. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043724

Mods please close?

Empty quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

e.pilot posted:

people read notams?

When there’s an actual no-poo poo safety-impacting NOTAM like a runway closure or something, I draw that poo poo on the scope.

The NOTAM system is broken.