Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah I was working on getting ready for my checkride too, but then my instructor got hired on at a regional, and I learned I'd be moving across the state in a few months, so spending 1-2k more didn't really make sense. I'll get back to it when it makes sense time and money wise, and I got a lot out of it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

overdesigned posted:

Hey, go ahead and add "Naval Aviator" to my name on the list, willya? Carrier qualified on the Lincoln yesterday.

Guess I oughta start looking into taking the tests to get my FAA instrument and commercial soon.

Nice! Glad you got your medical thing sorted.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
If the cops come just fly away! :yayclod:

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

PT6A posted:

We're trying to get that started, and frankly it's not going to go well if this is the current management culture.

The problem isn't that we can't kick him out as a flight school -- we have no obligation to let anyone fly our planes and work with our instructors ever, as far as I can tell -- but rather that the chief instructor appears to want to give this guy another chance, which is stupid and bad and I can't figure out why he's doing it. In my view, we have a responsibility to make sure the flight school is a safe and respectful place for instructors, students and staff, and I don't know why anyone in a position of responsibility would put this sad-sack's delusions above maintaining that.

If the Chief Instructor is so concerned with this guy, then he/she should have to deal with instructing him.