Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

shame on an IGA posted:

Looking at the TSA budget, even if we generously assume they've prevented a 9/11 every single year it still makes more sense to let the poo poo hit the tower

E: Specifically, if there's a way to prevent 3000 deaths for less than $2.53m apiece we should totally do that instead

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

speaking of good places to go when is Waco getting a fixer upper themed approach?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Can the collective refrain from quoting Apollo? I'd like to not see his blatant, unfunny homophobia and gay shaming.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Columbus. Potentially picking up an Abercrombie model makes living in the midwest a small price to pay.

Truly a city stuck in 1998

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

In that case it kind of matters when it comes to hard product?

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Animal posted:

I’m safe in Kuwait, thanks.
Not much to talk about, gotta wait for the NTSB.

Knew the Captain. A really sweet guy, really, a gentleman.

Glad you’re ok man. Sorry for your loss.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

i am kiss u now posted:

Don’t go into aviation they said. Go into something recession-proof like concert touring. People will always go pay to see a show no matter what the economy is doing. Welp, because of the mass gathering ban, even I have now been furloughed.

I don’t get it. touring is absolutely hosed right now

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

Well shucks, if we all just such dumb bumpkins might as well put it in the lords hands and just pray the virus away. No sense in even guessing at what god wants, we can't guess at his will so we should all just sit back and stop talking about it.

Counterpoint: my industry will be capacity limited by logistics they will be traveling so much as soon as the public can gather.

But yeah dude, rage on and then when travel slowly rebounds but is still down you can quote yourself and show you’re right. Imagine how good that pat on the back will feel. It’ll pay off time and time again.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 6, 2020

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I keep up with this thread from a distance, so apologies if this is incorrect....but for those keeping score at home, is it accurate that Slaughter used to be in arial photography, bitched about it constantly, left for the airlines, also bitches about that constantly and now that there isn't any flying to bitch about pontificates about the airline industry's "death" and is surprised when other posters remind them that this doom and gloom poo poo is exhausting, meanwhile arial photography is now thriving?

sellouts fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 26, 2020

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

The Slaughter posted:

Aerial, but yeah, that's the gist of things. I don't recall bitching about aerial survey, in hindsight it was a fantastic job. I don't bitch about my current airline, either, and even my last one was pretty good to me outside of pulling the usual regional BS.
Some aerial photography may be 'thriving' but my old aerial survey company is still shut down at the moment due to covid. I may go back there for a bit after furlough until things come back, if I can.

All joking aside I hope you come out of furlough and do whatever flying makes you happy.

And yes, my being off the road means I have been working in fonts too much recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

can you go into how you expect to get clients for your single man, single plane, likely uninsurable part 135 hobby operation?