Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004

Desi posted:

So, for the OP, "Desi - CYOW/CYQT, ATPL, FI, FII, MEI, Mitsubishi MU2"

Speaking of the MU2, there was a bit of an interest in the plane when I got the gig, thought I'd follow up now that I've got about ~150 hours on type. For one, I can say without a doubt, I don't know jack at 150 on type and this is after receiving top notch training and flying with some of the highest time MU2 pilots in the world as my captains. This thing is one hell of a machine that is an awesome medevac platform. I came in with 1700TT and 600MPIC and all that counted for effectively jack, as this plane is, in a word, humbling. It is an extremely high performance (in its class) and unstable airplane that demands constant and active monitoring and flying. If you rest for a minute, or get lazy with your scan for just a second, you will see the consequences immediately. If you have an emergency and are not prepared or well trained enough to handle it.... well, the airplane's accident history can address that. But if you respect the machine and fly it precisely and by the book you get incredible performance. We fly these things flat-out per SOPs and as a result are usually cruising up to FL280 over 300kts GS and I've seen just over 400 on occasion. We can hold 250kts to the 10 mile fix, haul the power back, dirty it up, and put it onto a remote gravel strip in a reserve hundreds of miles from civilization (look up CYPO and CYER) without breaking a sweat. On the flip side, we pick up our patients and bring them into dense airspace and mega-airports such as CYYZ, CYOW, CYTZ, and the like, where we can mesh into the flow of traffic without issue - heck, coming back into our base I've heard Q400's being told on multiple occasions to "keep your speed up as long as safely able, you're being followed by a medevac Mitsubishi that is gaining."

Suffice to say, I'm having fun!

Just curious if they ever fixed or reinstalled the autopilots? Also coming in with that much mpic is great, I couldn't upgrade on the mu2 so I got moved to the king air instead after a year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004
Deicing is great for block growth though, it took us over 40 minutes for type I and IV in YUL the other day.