Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

It says no orb-SSS. We're allowed to have one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

mcmagic posted:

Untrue. Hayes is much better than Maddow. Maddow is barely a progressive and said she considered disgusting pig rapist Roger Ailes, "a friend." She's a careerist above all. Hayes has actually walked the walk.

This is right. Hayes is pretty clearly a leftist but plays a liberal on TV as you can't be a real leftist and have a prime time news show. Rachel has only been reporting on Russia for months and frequently skirts conspiracy theory territory

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

OUTSIDE of the FART pun, this doesn't even make sense

He both admits that the leakers don't exist and that Trump is committing treason. to make a fart joke

It makes sense if you're a pill popper

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/867109550884868097

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

theflyingorc posted:

He both admits that the leakers don't exist and that Trump is committing treason. to make a fart joke

The leaks are fake but the news is real!

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Fitzy Fitz posted:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/867093598650720256

This is another stupid loving angle the Republicans keep trying to get soundbites for during these open hearings, along with "I've seen no evidence"

Shouldn't every reporter out there shove a microphone is his damp gob and ask "How may times have the Russians contacted you and your campaign?"

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Arturo Ui posted:

This is right. Hayes is pretty clearly a leftist but plays a liberal on TV as you can't be a real leftist and have a prime time news show. Rachel has only been reporting on Russia for months and frequently skirts conspiracy theory territory

I lost a lot of esteem for her because of the Russia focus and also the bizarre tease about Trump's tax returns.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

FourLeaf posted:

I lost a lot of esteem for her because of the Russia focus...

Lol

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

theflyingorc posted:

If not for the account tweeting it I would have assumed it was satire from Weird Twitter.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Xibanya posted:

If not for the account tweeting it I would have assumed it was satire from Weird Twitter.

Bill Mitchell = @dril???

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

He sits around googling his name to see if people are talking about him. That's just about the saddest thing...

But he should be sadder after all he did to people.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Bill Mitchell = @dril???

the most upsetting thing* about Trump's victory in November was not watching known idiot Bill Mitchell lose his goddamn mind on Twitter

*not really

edit:

Shifty Pony posted:

He sits around googling his name to see if people are talking about him. That's just about the saddest thing...

I'm OK with Arpaio living in exactly the ending to Goodfellas

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

"I start every morning by calling the police on all the illegals standing outside the local Home Depot, then to celebrate their deportation I'll rip the throat out of a kitten with my dentures and drink its blood to sustain my black, hate-filled heart. Trump said I could be head of something when I stumped for him and hail Satan I still believe him - it's just all this Russia stuff that's keeping him from allowing me to help him Make America White Great Again."

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

FourLeaf posted:

I lost a lot of esteem for her because of the Russia focus and also the bizarre tease about Trump's tax returns.

As it turns out she was completely correct about Russia, so

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Arturo Ui posted:

Hayes' weekend morning show was BY FAR the best political thing on TV for as long as it was on.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If Budget passes here are 66 agencies that will be closed

Take your pick of what the worst one is

quote:

McGovern-Dole International Food for Educatio

Rural Business-Cooperative Service

Rural Water and Waste Disposal Program Account

Single Family Housing Direct Loan

Economic Development Administration

Manufacturing Extension Partnership

Minority Business Development Agency

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Grants and Education

21st Century Community Learning Center

Comprehensive Literacy Development Grant

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant

Impact Aid Payments for Federal Property

International Education

Strengthening Institution

Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grant

Supporting Effective Instruction State Grant

Teacher Quality Partnership

Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy

Advanced Technology Vehicle Manufacturing Loan Program and Title 17 Innovative Technology Loan Guarantee Program

Mixed Oxide Fuel Fabrication Facility

Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality

Community Services Block Grant

Health Professions and Nursing Training Program

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

Flood Hazard Mapping and Risk Analysis Program

Transportation Security Administration Law Enforcement Grant

Choice Neighborhood

Community Development Block

HOME Investment Partnerships Program

Self-Help and Assisted Homeownership Opportunity Program Account

Abandoned Mine Land Grant

Heritage Partnership Program

National Wildlife Refuge Fund

State Criminal Alien Assistance Program

Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Training

OSHA Training Grant

Senior Community Service Employment Program

Development Assistance

Earmarked Appropriations for Non-Profit Organization

The Asia Foundation

East-West Center

P.L. 480 Title II Food Aid

Green Climate Fund and Global Climate Change Initiative

National Infrastructure Investments (TIGER)

Global Agriculture and Food Security Program

Energy Star and Voluntary Climate Program

Geographic Program

Five Earth Science Mission

Office of Education

Chemical Safety Board

Corporation for National and Community Service

Corporation for Public Broadcasting

Institute of Museum and Library Service

International Development Foundation

African Development Foundation

Inter-American Foundation

Legal Services Corporation

National Endowment for the Art

National Endowment for the Humanities

Neighborhood Reinvestment Corporation

Overseas Private Investment Corporation

Regional Commission

Appalachian Regional Commission

Delta Regional Authority

Denali Commission

Northern Border Regional Commission

U.S. Institute of Peace

U.S. Trade and Development Agency

Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/867098319310532612

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Arturo Ui posted:

I wasn't clear with my ranking, I was giving Rachel the nod primarily for (1) being entertaining and (2) having half as many panels as the other MSNBC shows. Every night Chris lets Maxine Waters shout over him for five straight minutes with the same talking points and I just fast-forward the DVR to Rachel.

I mean yeah she gets into stupid "what IF" conspiracy land but at least it sometimes also includes neat history lessons along the way.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Hayes' weekend morning show was BY FAR the best political thing on TV for as long as it was on.

If you're getting up on Saturday morning and immediately tune in to news instead of boning your lady/man, eating breakfast and then getting morning drunk, washing a car or mowing the lawn or something, you're in too deep. Put down the remote for a while and go enjoy the world while it remains.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Just had a Trump supporter tell me that he didn't care if he were dirty or not because "you've got to get dirty to change things."

It's a hell of a time to be alive.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ReidRansom posted:

If you're getting up on Saturday morning and immediately tune in to news instead of boning your lady/man, eating breakfast and then getting morning drunk, washing a car or mowing the lawn or something, you're in too deep. Put down the remote for a while and go enjoy the world while it remains.

DVR is a thing...

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Gotta chase the dragon.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pander posted:

I wasn't clear with my ranking, I was giving Rachel the nod primarily for (1) being entertaining and (2) having half as many panels as the other MSNBC shows. Every night Chris lets Maxine Waters shout over him for five straight minutes with the same talking points and I just fast-forward the DVR to Rachel.

I mean yeah she gets into stupid "what IF" conspiracy land but at least it sometimes also includes neat history lessons along the way.

Why would you willingly watch cable news at all? None of it is good.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

tehinternet posted:

Just had a Trump supporter tell me that he didn't care if he were dirty or not because "you've got to get dirty to change things."

that's not what "getting your hands dirty" means

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Shifty Pony posted:

IMO the saddest part of this story is that he isn't six feet under.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tehinternet posted:

'as long as he's hurting minorities and people I don't like, I don't care about anything else' is what he's really saying. They would cheer trump burning down their house if it meant the liberal next door got mad about the smoke.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Quorum posted:

As it turns out she was completely correct about Russia, so

Now there's certainly hard evidence, but before that had come out it had crossed the line into conspiracy mongering, and I think even Democrats had realized that and were backing off a bit.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

This is good news:

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/334804-fcc-wont-take-action-against-colbert-over-trump-joke

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

tehinternet posted:

My colleague started sending me links to Seb Gorka tweets as soon as the Manchester attack happened yesterday :(

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Well, you see, it turns out that Trump actually is Putin's cock holster, and in the lawsuit they would presumably have to say otherwise, so with recent events they're afraid of perjuring themselves.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Uh, Bill, this is basically saying the leakers don't exist but Trump is committing treason.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"I start every morning by calling the police on all the illegals standing outside the local Home Depot, then to celebrate their deportation I'll rip the throat out of a kitten with my dentures and drink its blood to sustain my black, hate-filled heart. Trump said I could be head of something when I stumped for him and hail Satan I still believe him - it's just all this Russia stuff that's keeping him from allowing me to help him Make America White Great Again."

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS AMERICAN HISTORY X AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DANNY. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME MEXICAN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE SOUTHWEST’S MOST DANGEROUS BORDER CROSSING. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GOOGLE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GOOGLE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNing

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/W7VOA/status/867098296661139456

Big if true

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

business hammocks posted:

Why would you willingly watch cable news at all? None of it is good.

You're right I should find something else.

because there's so many good television shows on at 5 and 6pm

why I might even find a big bang theory rerun or a Law and Order spinoff. Goodness what luck that would be.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

good to know donald trump is still considered a senior administration official

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Really, it's symbolic for Trump's style in general: his tricks work the first time because they're unexpected; once everyone knows them they fail.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

evilweasel posted:

good to know donald trump is still considered a senior administration official

The seniorist.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

I mean this is probably true, just not in the way he thinks it is.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

tehinternet posted:

I'm still waiting on "Russia interferes in EVERY election why is Trump's the only one you object to???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Budget passes here are 66 agencies that will be closed

Take your pick of what the worst one is

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/867098319310532612

My personal favorite is the Chemical Safety Board for 12m a year. If it saves three lives a year, it's a good bargain. Pretty sure it saves more.

• Locked thread