Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spun Dog posted:

Yep, Ryan's flak denied that the "Everybody hush about the treason" incident happened when asked. The reporter then read off of the transcript and he said it was a fake. Then the reporter mentioned that he heard the recording and the story changed from "It's a fake" to It's a joke"

Haha, get it? There's also talk that the person who recorded it was Evan McMullin.

Yesterday Clapper testified under oath that he warned the entire gang of eight (which is Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Devin Nunes, and Richard Burr on the republican side) was told last August about this and about how serious a problem was . Their public stance has been "I see no need for a special investigation at this time" So it pretty obvious they care more about money and power than they do about our country.

Their money and power directly translates to "good for the country" in their twisted loving minds, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

In the plus side Richard Burr isn't running for NC Senate again in 2022 so we have that going for us

Cool, maybe I can hold out hope of him going rogue still.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The way the reporting has gone re:Rosenstein is:

Trump fires Comey and cites Rosensteins letter (which at no point mentioned firing him).

Leaks emerge that Rosenstein isn't happy he's being painted as the cause for this, talking about how he threatened to resign over it.

Trump publicly walks back the white-house Rosenstein excuse in the Holt interview.

It's later reported that Rosenstein was told Trump was firing Comey and wanted Rosenstein to write a letter expressing his concerns about the director.

Rosenstein appoints a special prosecutor, probably in response to the way Comey's firing was handled, because the entire situation was scummy as gently caress.

This all lines up with the way Rodgers, Coats, and Comey reacted to being in situations where obstruction of justice was apparent.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

He wrote the memo knowing that it would be used as justification for the firing and that it was not actually the basis for the firing.

Yeah, but it's worth pointing out that he almost immediately began looking into candidates for special counsel.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

Jerk! :mad:

I'm trying to get better at it. Sorry. :negative:

don't, he's right. Whenever someone posts a fictional exchange I just gloss over it.

If you can't make the joke in 1-2 short sentences/lines it's not worth making.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else starting to feel the irony pangs of right-wingers complaining about "money from california elites is being funneled into MY LOCAL ELECTIONS!" outrage from the right, when it's slowly becoming clear that the entire republican establishment seems to be propped up by Russian oligarchs through PACs?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Wark Say posted:

I'm guessing you're one of those guys where every joke has to be "succinct and punchy". I'm betting you hate on Patton Oswalt and secretly voted for Trump as well, didn't cha?

rear end. :mad:

I do not actually believe that at all and I'm betting you are an OK dude/dudette despite the red text. :)

I actually wish somebody spits on this waste of oxygen. Seriously, screw these people.

Eh, does anyone actually believe the poo poo in red-text? Getting some whiny piss-baby to custom-title you is a badge of honor in my book.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I took a night shift just so I can post on the internet all night about the CBO score and get paid for it.

i mean your red text pretty much nailed it.

Fiz, you fucker. :arghfist::mad:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

farraday posted:

You're not a Falcons fan?

I'm stuck on the nuclear subs tidbit. It's something that is really hard to go after in a public forum as no one in their right mind would talk about

No, I am a Falcons fan.

And yeah, Trump is a big dumb baby-man. It's hard to believe the defense department would complain so publicly about telegraphing our fleet movements in the press, and then this dipshit goes and tells a shaky ally where our loving submarines are...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

farraday posted:

I mean if you're going to admit to the most damning allegation I'm not sure how much room you have to complain about red text....

I wasn't complaining about it. :shrug:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

lol the georgia race has gotten so expensive local tv stations are reorganizing their lineup so they can show more political ads:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/henrygomez/georgia-special-election-has-republicans-wondering-about?utm_term=.kgKq6bxz4v#.shA4rRLvnZ

I always wondered what it would be like to live in Ohio.

Quick, someone gimme a bowl of lovely chili.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RiggenBlaque posted:

It's really starting to feel like Hannity has already decided he's leaving Fox News and is just trying to attract as large of a fanbase from the internet alt-right as he can before becoming a martyr and starting up his own internet show or something.

His radio show isn't going anywhere.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Voter disenfranchisement is loving stupid, and I'm ready to go to a 3-day, full polling place, weekend vote like France seems to be doing.

Scheduling voting for one working day is just nakedly stealing votes form poor people.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Flesh Forge posted:

I think this is how it went, and moreover, also with Nunes (why did he recuse himself?) and Chaffetz (oh gosh guy emergency foot surgery and I resign bye!)

Because he allowed himself to be followed to the white house and then had the loving stones to admit what he was doing there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

Dress for the job you want, right Melania?

few pages ago, but HOLY poo poo!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

#Rassmussen

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Can't wait for John Oliver to start buying up ad space during Hannity's show so the Catheter Cowboy can explain why the Seth Rich story is bogus to all of his viewers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Raylen posted:

I read his name as Blake "Fartenhold"

I'm Gil Fulbright

or Phil Gulbright

or Phillip Mimoufwifarts

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Willo567 posted:

Really? Trump may launch a strike on North Korea? If that happens. what then?

There will be no more North Korea. I seriously doubt a couple of Trident sorties hitting Pyongyang will result in MAD deadman switches.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So am I reading this right? The right-wing has been duped into believing the democrats were funded by George Soros... so they started laundering Russian money through PACs to gain "even footing?"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

lol, are any of those facts in dispute?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Confounding Factor posted:

Good explanation thanks. We can add that to the Democratic agenda when they retake control, what an out of date system. Why havent any reforms been done on it?

I actually don't have any problems with this system, we just need to stop electing literal loving madmen.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Feldegast42 posted:

So the bill is going to pass reconciliation rules, right

I know we are at the beginning of the Mattering but that doesn't mean that the other shoe isn't just about to drop

Unless the bill saves 2 billion dollars over 10 years, no.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Huzanko posted:

It's actually loving stupid to empower one person, any person, with the ability to destroy the world. You should have huge problems with this system.

I don't have a problem with this system because other countries have nukes and their control over when/where they're fired doesn't differ a whole lot.

This system was devised as a deterrent to a nuclear missile launch against the US. It's a credible threat.

While I'm okay with revising the system for offensive/pre-emptive/strategic use of nuclear arms, the MAD doctrine only works if the trigger can be pulled before we're all dead anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Krispy Kareem posted:

Don't forget the 3rd part of our nuclear triad, subs. That, at least in theory, gives the President more breathing room when it comes to launching a retaliatory strike since the Russians can't first strike a submarine.

It also allowed us to stop relying on bombers as our backup plan in case the Soviets knocked out our silos since bombers like to crash.

I know we still have land based silos, but I wouldn't be surprised if those are getting phased out in favor of sea. And at least we're no longer trying to stick nukes on railroad cars.

The idea of a nuclear sub is the launch pad can be close to the enemy's land-based missiles, so if we detect them fueling or are expending an imminent launch, we can destroy the site instead.

They make a hilariously effective dead-mans switch, too, yeah.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
So we're saving 119 billion dollars over 10 years to kick 23 million people off of health insurance.

Just to spell that out, that's 517 dollars per person, per year for health insurance coverage, if they don't pass this bill.

517 dollars per person to insure 23 million people? How is that not regarded as a loving STEAL?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 24, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Where is your compassion for guys who make $950K a year?

Hilariously, the republicans regard it as loving STEALING.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It raises premiums! What is he smoking?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I realize he's spinning hard enough to provide energy to the entire globe here, but is there anything anywhere in this report that says premiums will go down? At least saying that it lowers the deficit is technically true.

It saves ~11.9 billion dollars/year for 10 years on a ~4 trillion dollar annyal budget.

That's a budget shaving of .003%

What a victory for fiscal responsibility!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

No, their premiums become very, very low. Until they get sick. Then the next year they spike through the roof.

LOL, an a la carte insurance plan for rich folks? Hilarious.

Turns out, they understand find how insurance works, they just don't believe rich people should have to pay for it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I was starting to think this week was gonna let me down.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Law enforcement officer arresting a republican for giving a reporter the old what for? Naw.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

West coast baby

loving lol, I appreciate the gently caress out of this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Rigel posted:

Its going to be the headline tomorrow in Montana

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/867532768854417408

Lol, "reporter alleges", he did in front of a local camera crew.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

LegendaryFrog posted:

They probably weren't aware there was a recording when they made that statement. Lying (except in a court setting under oat) isn't a crime, but it might twist the knife further depending on how the dems utilize it between tonight and tomorrow's poll closing.

Jacobs has a case for libel though.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 25, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CrazySalamander posted:

Why are they having a press conference? Wouldn't that put them into partisan waters no matter what they say?

Local law enforcement is not the FBI, and sheriffs are elected officials.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

okay, this owns.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
lol, these loving jokes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8LKqZcayDY

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Elotana posted:

Gianforte is still a 60/40 favorite per PredictIt

He'll serve his first few weeks/months from a Montana jail cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boon posted:

It turns out international politics isn't like high school and the world is getting everything they want out of the US by doing the exact opposite of what you advocate.

Eh, two world leaders have already out-hand-shake-punked him, so your hypothesis is essentially half right.

• Locked thread