Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

We're almost through all 4 years, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Yes these are the two sides of the coin in the game of life

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

You'd be amazed with the kind of garbage lifestyle you can get away with if you got a good roll of the dice

He's got the dementia something fierce, though.

edit: !!!

https://twitter.com/MaggieJordanACN/status/868494179835551744

Real life is a satire

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Cup of Hemlock posted:

How does this thread feel about Ken Jennings?

He's a v funny dude. Top twitter pick.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

This tweet says something different than he thinks it does.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Deadulus posted:

Seattle has a poop smell constantly. Atlanta doesn't.

That's called the ocean.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Deadulus posted:

I don't know what it is. Ocean or a bad sewage system, but when I was in Seattle I was struck by how bad the city smelled. That was mainly downtown though.

That's just how west coast liberals smell :smug:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

For real it's all the yogurt and vegan diets :kimchi:

Don't forget the kimchi :kimchi:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Nobby posted:

They shut down that paper mill.

Tacoma still had an aroma last time I drove through it on I-5 in March :shrug:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Aramis posted:

There's gotta have been some decent retention bonuses for key contributors. It's not a portion of the sale on paper, but it might as well be. There's no way MS paid that kind of money for Mojang without SOME kind of assurance it wouldn't immediately catch fire.

Microsoft kept the Mojang dev team to continue their work on the java version of Minecraft while Microsoft is developing all 100 other editions of Minecraft.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

ATP_Power posted:

As someone close to this issue, this is a terrible breakdown of what happened on campus. If you think the campus was terrorized by bat wielding SJWs or that the protest actions that targeted the President of the college were primarily about the DoA/DoP event on campus you have been given a very poor summary of the story. The protests were largely about campus specific issues related to campus policing and policy, and the email about the new DoA structure got rolled into that action as a minor side component, not the primary focus. I will also add that the new Day of Absence event was a voluntary off campus event that could only accommodate 200 students on a campus of thousands - this was not kicking whitey off campus, and the specific idioms of Bret Weinstein and his rhetorical style and need for his own platform have rolled this into the bullshit reactionary "free speech movement" that's infected the RWM, Berkeley and Portland recently.

Campus was closed on Thursday and Friday and Monday due to credible campus shooting threats against the school. The yearly science carnival which attracts hundreds of local elementary and secondary school kids to campus was canceled because of this, graduation is going to be held off campus in Tacoma for security reasons. If you follow through on that story about the "bat wielding mob", the event that Heat Street "chronicled" you'll notice it's dated to after the first campus closures, and in the context of these people chalking "Pepe" and engaging in "trolling" of the kids on a campus that's literally SHUT DOWN BECAUSE OF A SHOOTING THREAT maybe deserved more than a stern talking to. Especially in light of the death threats and racial harassment that's been barraging anyone publicly identified from any of the protest videos that have shown up on national media.

Maybe Mediaite pearl clutching that is quoting Heat Street isn't the best source for something connected to a small town college that has a tradition of radicalism and protests with more heart than strategy behind them.

Thanks for posting this, it's a good recap.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

AmiYumi posted:

That's BetterToRuleInHell's thing, going back to old USPOL threads. He comes in with the latest RWM distraction piece about Ivory Tower College SJWs and then vanishes into the ether after making GBS threads up the thread.

Which is funny, since while Evergreen is a very, very liberal college one thing it's not is elitist.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Paracaidas posted:

Ugh, don't you understand synonyms?

No, do I look like I went to some elitist liberal college? :smug: go geoducks

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

If Kasowitz is Zuckerkorn then Comey is Bob Loblaw.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Majorian posted:

James Urbaniak is Dr. Venture, for anyone who doesn't know. Also an alum of "Thrilling Adventure Hour" and "Superego." So cool.:allears:

And at the end, Trump ends up pulling off his mask to reveal...

Geeeeeeeeeeeene!!! :kimchi:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

actionjackson posted:

Older millenials like me who graduated before the recession definitely have it better than those that graduated after. I got my MS in 2006 and was just on the cusp of not getting a really good fixed rate on my student loans. And of course there was an actual job market. I bought a home at 29 without direct help but my parents paid for my undergraduate education.

Aaaaahh I'm jealous! I graduated a year ago and I pay $1300 a month in student loans. I'll be ready to start a family by 2026!!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Snuffman posted:

I watched on Twitch, did they factor those numbers too? :v:

I believe 19 million viewers (live streams & TV) was calculated as the number of viewers.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

actionjackson posted:

What are the fixed rates like right now? I'm pretty sure mine was under 3%

My lowest is 6.1%, my highest is 7.9%.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Ben Franklin got a lot of action so why can't Trump????

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Party Plane Jones I appreciate your roundups.

:same:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Soylent Yellow posted:

Much better to just double down on the number of wind turbines surrounding it.

But the birds. All of them. :(

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Sinteres posted:

The Republican plan is cruel and will hurt people, and yes kill some of them, but you guys are firmly in alternative facts territory here.

What number of people need to die before it matters enough to you?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Posting from work crew :cool:

dont tell my boss

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Goon Project?!?!?!

I'll get started on some concept art

I'll make the logo

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Some true bipartisanship in TYOOL 2017 :wow:

e:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS MORNING JOE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START YELLING AT THE MAIN CHARACTERS, JOE AND MIKA. I DEBATE EVERY POINT AND I DEBATE EVERY POINT HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME WITTY ONE LINER OR EVEN WHEN I FORGET WHAT I WAS SAYING. NOT MANY CANDIDATES CAN SAY THEY'RE NOT UNDER FBI INVESTIGATION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY CABINET MEETINGS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GOVERNMENT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TALKING POINTS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY GOLDEN APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING COMMERCIALS EVERY MORNIng

:same:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

This is starting to sound like The Expendables but with lawyers.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

trump is so ahead of everyone else in this 11-dimensional chess game he got his own legislation passed 20 years before he was president!!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Hollismason posted:

You can't post that picture without posting the accompanying story of how someone thought a Furry convention was something for service animals and brought a service dog to it

It was probably someone who needs an service animal :shrug:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If they had just put up some drapes by the entrance

That might be my favorite story of this whole fiasco. But that's probably because I watched the video of that meeting for the first time after I read the story and it cracked me the gently caress up

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

awesmoe posted:

theres no like button on the forusm

There's a :yeah: or a :same: which is as close as we'll get :(

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Covok posted:

Seriously, dog tax was repealed months ago.

Dog tax provides better content than you do

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

You don't get it maaaaan, how millennials are all doooooomed.

Seriously growing up in the 1970s the odds of dying in a full-on nuclear strategic exchange we're ALWAYS present. You lived knowing there were enough missiles aimed at your city to wipe it off the map multiple times.

Millennial angst over this is stupid, they think the world didn't exist before they got woke or something. It's like the US habit of chest beating about how many casualties they took at some tiny island fight like Bloody Tarawa, to which any European combatant just rolls their eyes.

Millennials: other people had it worse and whined less about it you annoying babies.

Oh boy another person to tell me how entitled I am! Joy!!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Welcome back to Whites-Only NCAA Division I football on ESPN 8, *The Ocho*. Whites-Only Football, football that's easier to follow because the players are more cautious with regards to injury and don't nearly run as fast. Not even sports betting sites will sponsor us, and I'm pretty sure those guys would've put their logo on a Nazi concentration camp. And there's another delay of game because the Quarterback was afraid of a concussion that might hurt his chances of becoming a senior VP someday..."

:discourse:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Nevvy Z posted:

Vice had one too with some of the Disney stuff.

I've seen the trump head at work. He has hot dogs for lips. It's state of the art tech.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

I love that he threatened and ultimately pulled the trigger on a story that isn't a scandal on any level.

I simply don't see why anybody would care or have a problem with Joe and Mika being in a relationship.

Pretty sure Joe and Mika just wanted to keep it private but Trump wanted to unmask their relationship lol

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

BirdOfPlay posted:

What I don't get is how is it even possible to send voter rolls via email? Imagine a list of 5 million voters, which is a little more than the population of South Carolina ranked, the 23rd most populous state. Just the names of those voters, in a human readable format*, would equate to 171.66 MB of raw text data. Granted, that's for the total population. Easiest comparison for voters would be for the nation-wide totals, which would be 4.65 GB of raw text data! Again, just for the voters names.

*Assumptions: UTF-16 format means 1 character = 2 bytes. 7 characters for the first name, 7 characters for the last, 2 characters to separate the two (", "), and 2 characters for the end of line character**
** Because their totaling using Windows, which denotes end of line with Carriage Return + Left Feed.

This is a very silly thing to be discussing about the voter rolls request, but you forgot about text compression ;)

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I am so happy for my President and his new friend.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I work at Imagineering and I legit lifted up a cloth on a rack and saw Trump head molds. Spooked me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I can't believe he's done this

• Locked thread