Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Boy, this has sure been a really busy few months. I mean this much crazy news would be exhausting if it was crammed into a short time perio...

Wait, what do you mean it's only been a loving week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why does anyone take a job at the Trump administration now? Like... do they lack pattern recognition skills at all?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

what is the point of reporting things like this

Hearing about events like this can encourage people who might otherwise not have had a personal investment in the scope of the tragedy to take action, donate or otherwise help. It is sad that it requires this but it does genuinely have an impact.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

I know several idiots who went Obama ->Stein. They are exactly as broken as you would expect

Obama -> Stein is dumb but at least vaguely ideologically consistent. Obama -> Trump is like ????

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

holy poo poo, really

drat

Yes, this isn't an exaggeration. It is something you're warned about before being asked to mod. I don't blame a single mod on SA for being nervous as hell because that poo poo is terrifying.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cabbit posted:

I'm horrified that accuracy with a gun is a criteria for concealed carry, let alone the only criteria. What the gently caress does "can you accurately shoot a person" have to do with determining whether or not you should be able to concealed carry?

I assume the idea is "if you have to use this weapon you are capable of hitting your target and not the innocent baby a block away."

That uh, also seems like it assumes that shooting in calm controlled circumstances is the same as shooting in a high-stress situation so...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Bowhunting is such a pain in the rear end though, it's easier to gently caress up and you have to track the deer.

Isn't the point of sport hunting a test of skill?

I know that sounds like a 'gotcha' but I'm genuinely confused why "it takes more to do' would be a bad thing in that case.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Tons of stuff. Some odd things he wrote about sex from the 70s would have come up to haunt him real bad because validity of critique doesn't matter, all that matters is that something kinda like what they're accusing maybe sorta happened.

They also would have gone 150% all-in on "he's old and crazy." Any mistake, any misstep, even something just oddly phrase would be "look at that old doddering fool." They tried it with Clinton (and had some success with things like the 9/11 thing) and Sanders for good or ill is both older and looks older. (Despite the fact he's probably in better health than Trump is.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

What I need right now is some god drat trump tweets

There is no loving way anyone is allowing Donald Trump anywhere near so much as a toaster today.

• Locked thread