Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
"what a loving week" said the thread, every week, for the next infinity weeks (i just tried to catch up on news since Thursday and SO MUCH happened in 3 days that I barely got it all). This is so exhausting, and my main takeaway is that all republicans are scum from top to bottom. Not surprised about Gianforte but still grossed out, horrified by the pdx stabbing and so much more. Is auto-donating to the ACLU and other orgs and then hibernating forever an effective #resist because it's all I want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
So it looks like the CA Senate passed the single payer bill. Does the CA house have to approve it now? When should I move there?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Majorian posted:

Yeah, it goes to the Assembly, they're supposed to create a funding plan, and then it goes back to the Senate, where it needs 2/3 majority, because it involves taxation and we did a dumb thing by requiring that 2/3 majority years ago. So we'll see if it survives. It may not. But it's a good symbolic move, in the meantime.

I'll start convincing my wife now. Too bad we literally just moved to Illinois. WEST COAST LIVIN HERE WE COME! Even if it doesn't pass, at least we'll be in CA.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What is it with this guy and ice cubes?

Please don't clink shame.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

These are loving horrific. The right won't even give a poo poo, souless, unfeeling, etc. God drat it.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
i thought the new season of game of thrones didn't start until 7/16

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

This owns.

Office Pig posted:

Here's a neat little something people should read about the DoE, going into the stuff it does, the severity of what can go wrong, and how Trump's people in the DoE are doing their level best to maximize the outcome of something wrong happening in the worst of ways.

https://twitter.com/Joshua_Pollack/status/890425631208505344

This does not.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
I'm confused, is the Tucker thing about bats being blind but spooky real? I can't tell anymore what is reality and what has broken from it.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Haha I was there for the bernie rally and that same room was absolutely jam PACKED from front to back.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
https://www.facebook.com/antoniamejia.telemundoarizona.9/videos/520960244921608/

Look at the loving oaf at around 0:35 basically high five his loving cop bro after blasting that dude with a beanbag or canister. This is why nothing with the police will change in any reasonable timeline.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Thread please on this day of utmost importance, let us all come together and #remember

https://twitter.com/smashmouth/status/907311663606403072

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Has there been literally any GOP response to PR in general or to Trump's disastrous handling? This is so beyond horrifying.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Liquid Communism posted:

He had no reason to modify anything for full auto, nor has there been any report beyond speculation based on sound that anything was modified for full auto.

For reference, this is what a slidefire stock in action looks like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo4kFzECXGs&t=15s

This is so loving scary.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Yes this is great but has DT tweeted yet???

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
God drat I just got home from work and all i want to do is stay up to see what's gonna happen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Helen Highwater posted:

I've fought in chain mail (and partial harness too). You are basically invulnerable and you can literally wade through unarmoured scrubs like you were mowing the lawn. My experience is from historical re-enactment (with live steel, none of this SCA poo poo-tier raffia weapon nonsense). I've done dark ages, Roman, 15th century middle-European and 17th century ECW.

Proper 6-into1 mail with annealed links instead of costume standard twisted rings basically stops anything. It stops impacts by locking up and becoming locally very stiff under pressure, and your arming jack underneath stops the links from imprinting themselves on your ribs. I've been hit at full whack by a spear and I was knocked off my feet but basically didn't feel the impact itself and my mail was still intact.

yes this is fascinating but how difficult will this be for us normal folk to craft after america falls to ruin?

• Locked thread