Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Tajik President came prepared

https://gfycat.com/BriskGrossGordonsetter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Rigel posted:

Only about 2 hours to go until the daily hour of news madness. If you've still got some work to do today, finish up now.

Gun to my head I'm guessing a Tillerson memo leak

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

WeAreTheRomans posted:

No, but you can get 10/1 on it turning out that Melania is cucking Trump. Seriously.
http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_search&sClass=-1&sCriteria=trump

This is now canon

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Budget passes here are 66 agencies that will be closed

Take your pick of what the worst one is

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/867098319310532612

It's nice to see all the organizations who funded my post-graduate degree research so that I could be a useful member of society are being blanked by a big dumb retard

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Sean Hannity is a fake media persona to drum up ratings yall

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I remember the same stupid rumors about W Bush coming out about alzheimers

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

With so many bad actors lying between Trump and impeachment I can't imagine a future where it happens. Christ look what happens when you put Trey Gowdy in front of a mic and then imagine Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

prom candy posted:

Wait the infamous Trump/Comey dinner was on Valentines Day? ha

MelaniaHandSwat.gif

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

cochise posted:

Shame the hell out of them. Doesn't always work but it's a start when it does.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

In the plus side Richard Burr isn't running for NC Senate again in 2022 so we have that going for us

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

He's not? When did he decide this?

Relatively recently

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article90756562.html

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Piell posted:

Devos just said that states are able to allow schools to discriminate against LGBT students, and that she couldn't come up with any situation that the federal government would step in due to discrimination.

https://twitter.com/edvotes/status/867416921557409794

Devos rolling out the new "Smear the queer" initiative

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Dress for the job you want, right Melania?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

Is this as bad as it looks to me? Like this looks even worse to me than the Israel Intel thing. He basically just also told North Korea that we just parked nuclear weapons close by them. I don't know how much of a secret it was though. In any case he was clearly bragging to duterte to impress him exactly like he did with the Russians and for the same reason.

Ehhhh

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/24/politics/uss-michigan-nuclear-sub-south-korea/

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Imagine the sound of clinking frosty cold bottles of bud light in the rose garden

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Are preexisting conditions still covered?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honest question, if Hillary had won would any of this Russian stuff come out?

No, but we'd still be hearing about election fraud

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

There's cop cover ups in small towns and there's "Oh gently caress we're national news"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Ok so - you don't loving know, you're basing it on nothing

It's clearly up in the air and your confidence is moronic even if Quist loses

In this timeline there's no telling man

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

How does anyone take this man seriously
-me for the millionth time

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

"When German Chancellor Angela Merkel visited President Donald Trump at the White House in March, she brought a visual aid to help Trump understand the menace posed by his would-be friend, Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Merkel brought a 1980s map of the former Soviet Union and noted the way its borders stretched for hundreds of miles to the west of Russia’s current boundary, according to a source who was briefed on the meeting. The German leader's point was that Putin laments the Soviet Union’s demise and, left unchecked, would happily restore its former borders. Merkel left Washington unconvinced that Trump had gotten the message, the source said."

The leader of Germany had to bring a loving visual aid to explain to the President of the United States of Goddamned America the state of affairs just 30 years ago.

Then Trump pulled out the 2016 electoral map "I see tremendous amounts of red on both"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

by greyest day, by dimmest oh gently caress it who cares

By darkest day, by 24 hour news attrition,
In a 5 to 4 decision

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

tight aspirations posted:

Holy poo poo, Waco was in '93? I thought it was in the '70s, or something. Maybe I'm getting it confused with Ruby Ridge.

e: Ruby Ridge was in '92? Huh.

Is there a reason why RR/Waco/OKC Bombing are all being discussed so much recently? Or is it confirmation bias on my part?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I believe Donald Trump's electoral victory and the amount of Waco/RR/OKC Bombing documentaries being highlighted in the past month are not a coincidence

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Wait, what do you mean here? Why would a White Supremacist get mad about what happened to the Branch Davidians? They were a kooky Christian cult but I don't think race had anything to do with it. I've seen a black survivor of the group on an interview show.

A combination of the federal government loving up and a scenario where the ATF leads a failed raid on a Texas compound loaded with 50 caliber rounds is a modern day Alamo or something.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Just remember the pendulum will swing back the other way, probably.

Also when the ocean warms enough that the cold, dense North Atlantic water doesn't sink to drive the great ocean conveyer belt that Europe will plunge into a new ice age and Montana won't matter all that much

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Peace among worlds, Rick

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Lol I went to a meeting where new EPA Administrator Pruitt expressed his desire to move from a US "Energy renaissance" to a US "Energy dominance" so in this new world I guess we're grinding up liberals for extra energy

Edit: imagine morpheus holding up a battery but instead it's a jerrycan

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Lightning Lord posted:

Hot take: what if there isn't a 2020 election?

Jesus yall, did no one live through the early 00's? We had these same exact conversations about Bush Jr. The suspension of elections, the slow downturn into dementia (heres a YouTube video of campaign speeches vs Press conferences where he says Uh a whole lot and has a bunch of brainfarts, clearly mental health issues). Trump is a big dumb dumb who will lead an ineffectual Presidency until he gets replaced in 2020

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Are you genuinel claiming that Bush Jr was ineffectual and not caused horrifying long-lasting damage and lead to ridiculous deaths?

Replace ineffective with "inability to create positive change"

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Wasn't there something like a 15 point swing in Montana?

Yeah it broke the guys glasses

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I can't believe the downfall of civilization will be from Internet memes

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm out. Good luck with King Idiot Drumpf, everybody.

No wait we were just about to discuss mountains again

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 30, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Hasn't the Democratic party kinda soft shoed away from gun control?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

stone cold posted:

psa: own guns? dont

dont a gun

dont

Assault rifles are literally sub $400 right now (compare this to 1000+ circa Sandy hook). It's financially irresponsible to NOT get one

Edit: lots of gun manufacturers stocked up hard for a Clinton win and whoops

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 30, 2017

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

General question:

How does it feel like to be an american as of right now?

From a political perspective every day feels like waking up after a hangover where the world is kinda dull, your stomach feels kinda sour and everything doesn't quite feel right

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Honestly if I'm Nancy Pelosi I'm orchestrating fake memos "leaked" from the Trump white house that they're considering gun registration to keep guns out of the hands of the non-college educated or something. Then come out condemning the federal government for overreacting on gun control. At this point why not

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Rigel posted:

We're on gun chat now? How the hell did that happen?

The Democratic party isn't going to win any elections with "we need to educate the other side!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

botany posted:

He said the same thing about Mexico. The US president literally has no idea what a trade deficit is, how that whole thing works, and how it ties into the national debt, aggregate demand and all those other things you're supposed to understand when you run a country.

Oh word? The same dude who called his traitorous NSA advisor at 3am to ask if a strong dollar was a good thing or bad thing is a dumb dumb. Got it

• Locked thread