Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Doctor Butts posted:

OP, I would like a big rules section like that dude had in the boogaloo thread.

Your Taint posted:

OP suggestion: list some credible and not so credible journalists so dumbasses like me don't have to ask if they're credible every time something is posted from Twitter, etc.

Voting for both of these things and also a 72 point blinking "DO NOT RE LITIGATE THE 2016 ELECTION YOU FUCKMANS" to be included in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
my wife works with ben jacobs' brother holy poo poo both of them are legitimately crazy smart and really good at their jobs :(

In a world that's been a running circus since January, that audio recording loving zapped my brain. I thought that Mike Flynn sabotaging a military operation was insane, I thought Comcast filing false FCC commentary was insane. I was so loving wrong

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ I mean OK you know there's a whole lot of crossover

Mr. Grumpybones posted:

I have been trying to find out why Greek Police are using shields that use the Latin alphabet but my internet-search powers are not strong enough. Any ideas?

there's a sigma RIGHT THERE dude

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Beranton Whisenant sounds like a character in a Terry Pratchett book

Wonder if there's a running national tally of judiciary deaths under mysterious circumstances since November.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

NikkolasKing posted:

Wait, what do you mean here? Why would a White Supremacist get mad about what happened to the Branch Davidians? They were a kooky Christian cult but I don't think race had anything to do with it. I've seen a black survivor of the group on an interview show.

Because there's a deep commingling of the dominionist / sovereign citizen / militia movements and white supremacy, whether overt or subtle, is a common theme to every one of them. Specifically Ruby Ridge's connections to Waco and the perception of it being a government crackdown on White Folk.

You should watch the Frontline series on Netflix (I think they're all still streaming). Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Oklahoma City are sort of like a documentary trilogy and sum up a lot of the general

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Editing to remove unnecessary snark but holy poo poo there's a PETROLEUM COUNTY in Montana lolll

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I thought west coast states were all Pacific time zone???

:laffo: nice one hit

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RandomBlue posted:

gently caress everybody but glorious leader Trump! #trumptrain

* Sidenote, Italy added to axis of evil alongside Mexico, North Korea, Canada, France, Germany and Montenegro.

Y'all it says "negro" right there in the name, come on!

- Jeff Sessions, probably

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Party Plane Jones posted:

Enjoy your 20 hour flights trapped using the in-flight entertainment.

Coincides quite nicely with a whole lot of airlines starting to spin up streaming in flight entertainment and eliminating costly and maintenance intensive built in stuff.

This is just the stupidest thing.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Spacebump posted:

It's better than dying because a terrorist brought on what passed for a laptop.

Lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Obama vaguely sleighting a Marine who was carrying his umbrella became a national controversy.

Iirc, Obama didn't even actively engage with the marine. A picture was taken and people flipped out.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

VitalSigns posted:

Our economy and our businesses are suffering from slack demand, giving poor people more money is the most effective way to increase demand.

Other countries already have a $20 minimum wage and it's fine. You don't have to imagine what Economist Magazine might say, you can look at other countries that have had it for years.

Almost like an entire generation is starting adult life a year's pre-tax salary deep in non-dischargeable debt and 80% of people are one medical incident away from bankruptcy! Who would have thought we'd stop buying poo poo??

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

There Bias Two posted:

Does...does he really think the Paris Accord is about protecting Paris in particular? He keeps talking about Paris like we're throwing money at them in particular.

undoubtedly yes.

I have noticed that in the past when he refers to ANY THING OR CONCEPT named after a location or a particular person, he... specifies it down to just being about said place or person.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

sharkbomb posted:

This is some pure dedication to the art of trolling--

When you get blocked by Trump on Twitter just become an IRL troll with first-amendment lawyers from Columbia University

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/...v=top-news&_r=0

As trivial as this seems it's pretty fascinating from a legal perspective :3

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Crabtree posted:

Why did they have a float in the first place?

Have you never been to a parade, really any parade regardless of it being pride, or Fourth of July, or whatever? Half the floats are sponsored and staffed by local branches of mega corporations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Yo can we not dump multiple unrelated tweets in a big rear end post please? I have twitter itself for that. I get it if they're all pertinent to a particular subject.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Yeah I thought more about it and it's way better than geography derails so I take it back. Also I like the selections, good job PPJ

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
I think my main beef is fear that the thread just becomes posts full of tweets. I'm not exactly a constant contributor but I do like commentary and seeing goon thoughts on things.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Quorum posted:

It's generally local businesses and companies that participate in parades, but DC's local businesses and companies happen to include defense contractors.

Yeah. Defense contractors ARE civilian companies and a whole lot of their employees happen to be lgbtq just like every other company.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

what the gently caress does this even mean, you craven sack of poo poo.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

empty whippet box posted:

A friend of mine invested $2400 in machines recently and has been averaging $25-30 in profit a day from it(after electricity costs) which actually seems pretty reasonable to me. Even if you only made $20 a day, you'd break even after a few months and would then have passive money generators. If you could invest 10-12000 and a few months you could then be making $100 or so a day for doing jack poo poo, which seems like a really sweet deal to me. But I've never done it myself and don't know much about it.

Bitcoin can only go up, uP, UP!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

awesmoe posted:

not a transcript (its 4 minutes of word salad) but absolutely worth watching
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/879781462093869056

Whatcha looking at, Sarah?

What else are you looking at?

I hadn't notice the lazy eye until today lmao, also this is great. Brian Karem is up to 12k followers hahaa

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Also Brian karem was there in his capacity as correspondent for the Sentinel, a newspaper.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twice burned ice posted:

Sick self own

Relevant content:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/28/...eft-region&_r=0

This warms the cockles of my cold, middle school heart.

"mewl" is such a great word. it is like extra onomatopoetic

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Ague Proof posted:

They could also crash over Hanoi.

or on US soil.

Twice.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

haveblue posted:

A realistic down-to-earth health care program that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots.

this made me chuckle, because the follow up is completely appropriate.

THAT'S WHY YOU'RE STILL KIDS! BECAUSE YOU'RE STUPID!

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^^ well at least there was SOME context

what is even the context of bringing up a basketball team... in a baseball...

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Lote posted:

The lgoiczticsz sound like a nightmare.

if this is an assassination joke I'm lovin it lmao :golfclap:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

How long was this even on? Did she make it... multiple months? I feel like I only just heard about this poo poo.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

mother of god this is a tweet that is a work of art

A lovely Reporter posted:

:siren:Now can we please stop the McCain argument?:siren:

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Rigel posted:

15% of the population within the last 8 months seems like a lot.

edit: wait, that 1% is really weird. Lets see, population of the US is.... 323 million, and 1% of 15% of that....

Almost 500,000 people attended protests both for and against Trump. :psyduck:

they don't qualify but I bet the distinction is the original planned intent of the protest. you're attending if you're counter-protesting.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Time for some game theory

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Calaveron posted:

This thread has been very sedated considering the insane tweetstorm that occurred this morning

it is 8:03am on the west coast of the USA and it's the weekend my dude and said tweets didn't say anything new or particularly shocking, we're pretty well inured

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Medium is a blogging platform, posts there have no journalistic standards or review process and can be considered as authoritative as anything posted on Infowars.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Aves Maria! posted:

ok, that doesn't change the fact that the hyperloop is Popular Science jerk material right now and nothing more

stop ruining my Elon Musk, Space Pirate fanfic

I mean, yes that's correct in this case. Just saying that nobody should be vesting much emotion in a medium post that either agrees or disagrees with their point of view because none of it is necessarily scholarly in the slightest. Donoteat did a solid tho :)

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

RZA Encryption posted:

JFC you were in the boy scouts while Obama was president? Am I old??

yes.

we all are these days.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ gently caress you

Holy poo poo they already actually went back in, never mind thank you for correcting me but still gently caress yourself

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 25, 2017

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Sinteres posted:

They removed the tumor, but he's still going to die.

Jesus Christ they already got him a doctor and an operation extra doublefuck him then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Flip Yr Wig posted:

That would be Ben Shapiro. Here's a video that I found on Google and am unable to review for any gross trans-phobia (beyond the original panel).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQy70_LPS4

Several pages back but this loving rules and thanks for digging it up lmao.

• Locked thread