Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Speaker of the House Randy "Iron Stache" Bryce

(yes, I know he wouldn't become Speaker)

He must be seeing some truly heinous early numbers in his race, because otherwise he'd just step down from the Speakership.

I mean he's won his district pretty handily every time, so I'd bet it's more that he figures this was his peak. Better to get out now rather than later when he's just a nobody Rep with a brief and largely ineffectual flirtation with leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

I have heard that this... i-i-i-i=i=i=i=i{echoing track skip}intern-nnnnnet is used by.... you... huuuuuuumann-mans. i have master-i have-i have mastered it-it-it. behol-old.

edit:
You, a snowflake: Flesh is supposed to be draped on the outside of the bones, Cruzel-xanath.

Me, an informed observer of humans: Flesh is an expression of mortality within the material realm, and I will express my soul-truth upon this false form as I desire Galganothen, servant of He.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 15, 2017

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Senile Republican?

Thad Cochran. Dude that hosed up a vote then ignored leadership telling him to correct it until basically the last minute.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

I'm guessing CBO numbers will be out after the bill is law.

Don't they still need the CBO score for the senate portion of this to qualify under reconciliation? It's not the same bill that left them.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

He is a literal, actual white supremacist. What the gently caress is wrong with his district?

His current district 95% white. His prior district was smaller, and also probably white as all hell because it's Iowa and Iowa is 91% white.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Stereotype posted:

Neither the Governor or the House of Delegates votes should have been counted in that because it is literally impossible to determine what they intended.

It is if you assume the strike though is retracting the vote for Gillespie. But it sounds like they decided actually it was a vote for Gillespie so gently caress it who cares about consistency.

Dems need to just melt a bunch of quarters and pour them down Yancey's throat.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

Sometimes people get old, and they gain some weight, and they get some aftermarket parts added. :shrug:

And some times they get abducted by aliens and replaced with a body double who is also The Thing from the hit movie, The Thing (2011), and Mariah Carey is quite clearly part of a large scale plot to eliminate humanity. Stay safe goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U8aOHtpITs

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Willo567 posted:

I'm surprised people are so calm by all of this poo poo

No one escapes death, or can affect the actions of an idiot with a button.

Also there's a lot of thematic value to be considered in a nuclear holocaust y'know.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

Seriously though, its all really just posturing and I don't believe anything is going to happen. And if there is something happening there isn't dick all I can do. No point in even thinking about it.

It's 100% posturing. North Korea is not about to invite its own destruction, and for all his bluster Trump lacks any meaningful inclination towards war. So far his contribution to the Middle East has been to shrug and just let some generals do what they want. He hasn't initiated poo poo, and I don't think any important general is particularly keen on war with North Korea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Comey put his thumb on a scale and destroyed himself and ruined the reputation of the FBI forever with his own political faction by the guy he hosed with due process for. It wasn't a good organization to begin with, but he is responsible for the constant shame and harassment of his supposed brothers and sisters/etc in arms by the loving president of the United States that he had a hand in giving power to by creating another fake loving investigation.

I think those FBI text messages kind of undercut the idea that Comey intentionally put his thumb on the scale. He definitely did tip things towards Trump, but it sounds like the FBI just didn't think Trump stood a chance so he wasn't worth dealing with during the election and, presumably, that there was nothing they could have done that would meaningfully harm Clinton. Had Clinton won that whole thing would have come across as the FBI asserting its independence before moving on to the inevitable Russia investigation.

I don't really know that that's any better than being malicious, and either way that whole fiasco definitely hosed up the FBI's reputation. Deservedly so.

• Locked thread