Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Had someone unironically bless Donald Trump for their good transaction at my work today... gently caress Indiana sometimes :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Dear lord if democrats gently caress this up... come on guys this is a death kneel for them if you actually try

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

evilweasel posted:

They just won't hold any.

Mine hasn't since she held office

And I'm very pleased the Dems may actually fund us as Vulnerable seat this time. Get out on your rear end Walorski, you are the worst

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

twice burned ice posted:

That was cruel.

I love you guys :allears:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Seeing people now spinning it as Ben attacking Greg... Did they listen to the audio?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Please be gone for Good Hannity... :pray:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I still think the one who assaults reporters is going to win... and when he arrives to office he wail have a bag of broken glasses waiting for him with notes saying to keep on doing what he's doing... sure it isn't a cane but the old fashioned ways are out of style

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

DC Murderverse posted:

if I'm a journalist in DC after a Gianforte win I'm making extra sure I talk a little louder and get the recorder a little closer to his face when I'm interviewing him.

Put the hardcore title on your shoulder and have a ref with you as well. If this news cycle is 24/7 Madhouse at least put your drat title on the line for it.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry but after Trump freaking won any logic has been thrown out the window. I will bet on chaos every time until I'm shown otherwise next November

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Should that gif just be put in the OP at this point as a Status of the news?

The other option when things go south should be This one

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Alkydere posted:

So, what has to happen before we start posting "Stop, Stop! He's already dead..."?

Trump losing his reelection campaign and a wave of blue hits in 2018 and 2020. not happening but still dream it :allears:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

:dunkedon:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait for Montana to prove that my extended family out there is horrible... why must my family be such shits... :negative:

Come on give us something to cheer for

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
All us Red State Goons have a raw deal man... gently caress Walorski and Young

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
ChokeSlam a reporter and get rewarded for it... gently caress everything

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

cult member at airport posted:

If Republicans end up winning >50% of congressional seats in 2018 by single digits, people in this thread will be saying "But the GOP should have won some of those seats by like 20% This is great news for Democrats in 2020!!"

This right here. An almost victory is still a loss. Red seats need to turn Blue and being competitive yet losing is STILL LOSING :bang:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Your point being?

With Trump and the CBO they both should be toxic enough to turn it blue. Dems need a substantial win BAD to shove it in Ryan/Trump's faces. A loss is still a loss

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Also, you know Sir Chokes-a-lot has to defend his seat in 2018, right? He gets to do this poo poo again in 6 months with actual governance in this Congress under his belt. Win or lose this is a shiving.

He also gains incumbent advantage where baring him leaving he's probably staying. Look at Walorski in my district. Hasn't met with us in years and still wins despite being extremely unpopular. Name recognition alone is enough for him now to coast

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry if I'm a bit :negative: but I have a lot of poo poo going on in my life right now... financial woes, worrying about what this means for my already lovely health insurance, newborn girls future is looking grimmer by the second. I don't give a drat about my future as much as I do hers and boy howdy seeing all this play out right when she was born is utterly crushing any optimism I had left. Really need something good

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

skylined! posted:

going to pause shitposting

you have something good. go hug your loving kid. you are no good to anyone if you are a weepy loathsome mess. leave this thread and do something to affect positive change. you have a lot more influence on your kid than uh, a politician

I would but she just went down so I plan to go to sleep as well now. I have work tomorrow and a three day weekend with my wife and kid so I will do what we can to enjoy that.

My baby and my Goony wife truly are the biggest bright spots in my life right now and when my baby smiles and laughs it does make the poo poo going on around me melt away for a bit. Today though I didn't get to see her much due to work and other obligations. Came home to this news and yeah it caused me to crash.

I will still resist and still fight for her future but for now I will rest.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

:fuckoff:

You lost to the worst possible candidates. You do not get to say you are the leader of any resistance now. we don't want or need you. Go away

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
My wife watched that simpsons video with me. She utterly lost it at the Sessions bit. Literally on the floor laughing at that rat fink. Pro click right there

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Again unless heads start to roll this leads to nothing. I want to see some political heads roll for once and careers to end

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

canepazzo posted:

Ok things are definitely starting to matter - he cancelled a rally:

https://twitter.com/tamarakeithNPR/status/868460478674210816

:sad: :smugdon: :sad:

I actually hope he gets carted away from one of these rallies in handcuffs

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Convergence posted:

You need to start lobbying your countries to sanction the US

I would love to see Trump's reaction to that :eyepop:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Holy crap that was fast. I actually got to read them.

The first one was claiming that all sources not outright named are made up and the second was saying the media should be focusing on the huge win in Montana and funny how they ignore it when Dems lose

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
As much as it pleases me that France avoided Le Penn, Britain still did Brexit, a quick look at loving Hungary's actions lately, the most likely fall of Merkel to right wing parties, and the overall tribal nationalism on the rise in many country's and tell me the US is the only one to blame.

I will fight to make this country better but don't sit there and claim that the US is the only one loving up. I still pray that we drag he GOP in 2018 to make them pay for Trump's rise

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Agreed I try my best to avoid "Fake News" as much as possible... I don't want to credit Trump for a God drat thing and if this catches on overall after he's gone... :negative:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Rigel posted:

oh, poo poo. Luke Skywalker's not a fan of Trump

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/869290423369453569

He did a series of videos ala Billy west recording trump tweets/sound bites under the cadence of Joker. He's not a fan

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Hell I'll accept a 12 dollar min. Wage if they also included a provision to adjust it with inflation. Fight for the higher later but get that provision added in and fight to keep it in.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Hah how about no and :fuckoff:

Ice Phisherman posted:

I feel like pegging minimum wage to inflation is a recipe for a crisis. When, not if, but when we enter a period of stagflation (stagnation and inflation) and we see nasty inflation like we did in the Carter era for example (15%) you'll see wages rise uncontrollably with inflation and when it picks up steam and the minimum wage raises and picks up people making just over it and so on and so forth you can see a nasty negative feedback loop until it stabilizes. If it stabilizes.

Not raising wages when they can reasonably be raised is a bad thing, but pegging wages to inflation is asking for trouble on a long enough timeline.

That is true... has any country done something similar to see a real world example? Just curious

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 30, 2017

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

read the loving article

Did but I know a scam when I see one. Next thing you know donors will be offered an extra hour in the ball pit for a extra fee.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

:aaaaa: it all makes sense now :aaaaa:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I just met you, you think I'm crazy, but here's my number, you German Lady, these EU wackos, try to faze me, but I'm so lonely, so call me mac'y

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Tayter Swift posted:

Kinda surprised he remembers his number tbh

It's amazing what you can remember or at least what you can find fast when your only app is twitter

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

The Glumslinger posted:

Update on the RWM proxy war between Bannon and Kushner
https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/870785753831407616

:thumbsup: that's some good internal strife :thumbsup:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Dear lord every single drat thing the right said about obama being a laughingstock of the world was just them describing every single thing trump is doing right now. Verbally attacking and Berating an ally who just suffered from an attack is freaking insane.

Hurry the gently caress up on the special prosecutor already... this poo poo show can't go on for three and a half more years... it just can't

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Turns on the radio on my lunch and hear GOP asking for leaking info... for fucks sake this is going to be a long one and I only get 15 mins of it...

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ahhh victim blaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Furnaceface posted:

"All right, we'll call it a draw"

If labor gets any more seats they won't have any teeth to gnaw their legs off either. Conservatives may still have more seats then Labour but this wound of losing so many seats in a gambit to shore up a strong majority is just completely unreal. May is so hosed right now

• Locked thread