Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Huh I thought Islam was a religion of peace ? Checkmate libcucks :smugdog:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/866711448411570176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Also may I propose a new thesis for this new thread iteration to discuss at length --- Trump is actually good????

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

lol Trump's signature power-grab-shake doesn't work when you're a weak lil bitch

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
What are the odds we could lure Hannity into a storage locker with a sign saying "TRUMP LEAKS THIS WAY====>", and then give him the waterboarding he's needed for so long?

I'm willing to start a Kickstarter

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

no Madagascar, eh? :sad:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

titanium posted:

Isn't this extremely similar to the motivation behind the Sharon Tate murder? Make it look like black people did it to start the race war?

Yep, same thing with 9/11. :can:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

mango sentinel posted:

Is Paddy Power taking bets on Melania fatally shoving Trump down the stairs is Air Force One?

No, but you can get 10/1 on it turning out that Melania is cucking Trump. Seriously.
http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_search&sClass=-1&sCriteria=trump

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

There Bias Two posted:

We can't have a history-making week in politics every week...

And yet every week since Jan 20 has been insane and unprecedented

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
always on point

https://twitter.com/EveryoneIsDril/status/867129871817875456

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Apoplexy posted:

He's literally the dumbest, most hateful person ever to live, isn't he

that's Trump I think, but the confusion is understandable

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Supremezero posted:

I'm not sure which is the more surprising story here, that someone walked out on Pence, or that the mayor of South Bend is literally named Buttigieg.

His name is so stupid that Obama went to compliment him as a DNC up-and-comer, but then stopped and pretended that he couldn't remember his name.

Anyway, WaPo has become one with the Reddit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/pr/w...m=.7ff8eb3773dc

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

VitalSigns posted:

Ah that explains why you think Mike Pence's home state is "down south", I was briefly confused by that

Indiana, the South of the North.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

FlamingLiberal posted:

Watch Trump try and float Joe Arpaio as FBI director now

Shhh if you keep mentioning his name he'll find his way to this thread, all he does is Google himself all day long

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why the gently caress do these idiot racists always continue to stand there and talk into the camera? Just loving leave and get in with whatever your racist rear end was gonna do!

they're probably not people with very busy lives

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

:bisonyes:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The Hyperion books by Dan Simmons are great SF until the last book turns into "install space Jesus, problem solved."

The Gene Wolfe Book of the New Sun books are arguably space catholicism but they're so convoluted that he literally had to write a whole extra book to make any sense of the first four.

The Ender's Game books were great until Card's brain broke completely and it all descended into Mormon apologia/possible pedo erotica

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

empty whippet box posted:

I always thought CS Lewis loving sucked too and it irritates me to no end that christians hold him up as some kind of example. His bullshit made no sense and they probably haven't actually read it anyway.

The Screwtape Letters was pretty good iirc

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Nobody's loving saying "everything's going to be alright" you hysterical prick. What people are trying to do, quite well sometimes lately in here, is discuss the issues. Like functioning human beings, not Trumpian yawning maws of neediness and attention-seeking. Your nonstop meltdown is the most privileged possible reaction you could have, and all it does is tell everyone that you don't have any real problems even in this era of crisis, because if you did you'd be working on them instead of sucking your own dick and then spitting the cum all over everybody trying to voice a coherent thought in here.

What you're doing isn't "fighting," it's a big dinner boy tantruming that the world has more pressing concerns than his two-inch ego.

A cool and good post. I'd say it was long overdue,but I think have people have called him on this before and he relents for like 6hr before reverting to the same tedious asinine poo poo. Please Covok, be cool. Be a chilly penguin.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Who the gently caress cares about which states have watery bits and mountainy bits

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Serfer posted:

Unfortunately, it lacks culture

I believe cheese requires some kind of lactobacillus culture

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Not even Drudge is trying to spin the CBO score.

Yet, at least.

The funniest thing about the RWM is the lag phase where they all wait to receive instructions in the new talking points.

Also Bill Mitchell's Self-Own Zone

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Lmao he really did:

Lmao.

I hope he had some archbishops hanging out with them for the reaction shot

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Julio Cruz posted:

2) if you don't think you can get a good burrito in New York loving City then you're loving insane.

If you don't gently caress with one of those big-rear end Benny's Burritos in the west village, then I can't know you

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

hanales posted:

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/867519689252929540

e: My av is the face I make when I read stuff like this.

I'm gonna be honest and say no matter how bizarre and salacious this is, it barely makes me flinch in this new normalised world of WWE politics

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
HRC could have come back from the Comey letter if she'd put Trump into a solid Figure 4 leglock

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

attackmole posted:

francis continues to own

He totally owns at sheltering paedophiles and running one of the worlds most influential anti-gay and anti-women organisations

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Yes and he runs it less poo poo-awfully than his predecessors and when people talk about how the left needs to stop purity testing this is exactly what they mean. He is moving the Catholic Church in a positive direction. That's a good thing and should be celebrated. God is not actually real so the Pope does not actually have magic powers. He's doing what a mortal man can do with an ancient and sprawling institution.

He's not really doing much at all. Try living in a country where the State is owed several billion in restitution from Catholic orders for decades of child abuse, and mass graves of little baby skeletons are being discovered in septic tanks. Like hundreds of little baby skeletons. Francis isn't doing or saying poo poo about any of that , even if he talks out both sides of his mouth about how maybe gays don't deserve hellfire (although gayness is still bad of course).

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

He's already basically come out in favor of the theory of evolution which even twenty years ago would have been unheard of.

John Paul II updated the churches position on evolution in 96, so that's over 20 years ago as far as I can tell. posts like this just confirm that the Vatican PR team are doing their job well. Francis is the same piece of poo poo in shinier robes, his only distinction is not being a literal Nazi like Ratzinger

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Actually Pope JP2 was pretty chill in that he sheltered Jews from the Nazis at great personal risk, and by all accounts was a good goalkeeper. Still absolutely nuts about sheltering paedophiles, moving them to different parishes so they could continue to abuse for decades.

Anyway, still a better person than Trump in literally every single way

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

The Big Bang theory was set forth by a Catholic priest/scientist

Hell,Brother Gregor Mendel is the father of modern genetics, our modern conception of evolution stems from his work

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

hanales posted:

Aww I liked the pre-edit better.

Also this is happening.

https://twitter.com/JosephGNevin/status/867527158155141121

I hate it when burns are spelled wrong, it's supposed to be Rs that are the illiterate dumbasses :argh:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

West coast baby

Montana...knows how to party

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

RZA Encryption posted:

No, quist auto-wins, trump has to resign, and hillary gets arrested.

Weird rules, but that's how it works.

Man, those Framers really thought of everything

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

hanales posted:

HOLY gently caress LISTEN TO IT
Well, at least he didn't start shouting racial slurs in Russian I guess??

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Regular mindset - answering reporters questions with vague and unsatisfying talking points

Gorilla mindset - BODY SLAM THROUGH A loving FOLDING TABLE

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
The only thing dumber than this would be if the POTUS defended this idiot on Twitter. Therefore, I'm estimating the odds of that precise thing happening at 100%

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Doesn't absentee and mail-in voting favor dems?

Technically yes, bit more importantly it locks in votes early in a state that is already strongly R

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

evilweasel posted:

yeah christ, are all republicans this bad at crime

No. They're probably almost all criminals, because it's the party of conman grifting, but you're just experiencing confirmation bias. You only see the bad criminals,because they are bad at crime.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

skylined! posted:

i am taking the bold stance that he will not return from this vacation

quite bold of me

So, he's gonna get Vince Foster'd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

THE BAR posted:

Dunno, the way his sleeve is out on the zoomed in part is odd, but I just saw it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8AQler0Dq0

Noted news agency "The Viral Toast". Ah yes, I believe they've won a few Pulitzers for their Darfur reportage

e: turns out if you slap an MSM chyron on to literally anything, about half the population will turn their critical functions off and accept what they see unquestioningly

• Locked thread