Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Budget passes here are 66 agencies that will be closed

Take your pick of what the worst one is

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/867098319310532612

My personal favorite is the Chemical Safety Board for 12m a year. If it saves three lives a year, it's a good bargain. Pretty sure it saves more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Supremezero posted:

I'm not sure which is the more surprising story here, that someone walked out on Pence, or that the mayor of South Bend is literally named Buttigieg.

It's pronounced Bootijedge, tragically.

He's also pretty awesome, pity about the name.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fart City posted:

Ah-haha, he cropped out the yarmulke.

:stare:

One more item for "I am probably in a coma hallucinating this timeline".

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

citybeatnik posted:

It's make me start going back to Mass, for one thing. Hell, I might make it a habit of doing the rosary daily.

*EDIT*

That said, you have actual schismatic American Catholics claiming that Francis is not a legit pope because Benedict is still hobbling about. That and batshit crazy Baptists and the like still see the whole institution as a Babylonian death cult built up around a cookie.

I think you'll find that Vatican 2 broke the succession and/or there's a weird series of Man In The Iron Mask correct antipopes kept in the basement of Pope Castle.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Edit: GODDAMMIT

Willo567 posted:

Guys, after reading that transcript, I'm really worried about the result of a strike on North Korea

Please tell me we'll all be safe

Depends, are you South Korean or maybe Japanese?

(In which case the answer is still "probably")

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Voting for both of these things and also a 72 point blinking "DO NOT RE LITIGATE THE 2016 ELECTION YOU FUCKMANS" to be included in the OP.

O'Malley would have won

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

... what friends?

There was probably at least one Russian in the area. :3:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Starmaker posted:

Well in my fanfiction, Melania is secretly training Barron in New York to, shall we say, forcibly inherit the throne.

Pfft, like Donald would ever go hunt a wild pig with a spear.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:toot:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Prester Jane posted:

The following two posts are from August 11th and 12th, respectively. These posts show how eager the militia movement was for any pretense to carry heavy weapons around minority neighborhoods in a blatant act of intimidation. Although the militia's have been quiet for a bit as a result of the post-Malheur crackdown; that crackdown has been effectively ended by the Trump administration. As the militias realize it is safe to poke their heads in public again you can expect them to begin appearing at political rallies in support of pro-Trump protesters. Their is a very strong risk for violence erupting from a scenario wherein some group like Oathkeepers shows up armed to protect some Proud Boys and opens fire on some antifa/minority protesters.

Interesting tidbit about the Ferguson Oathkeeper presence: the leader of the group present made the fatal mistake of talking to the protesters and went "unconstitutional government oppression of normal hard-working Americans? this sounds awful familiar!" and informed the rest of the organization of his intent to demonstrate in solidarity with the Ferguson locals against tyranny.

The rest of the organization immediately responded "when we were talking about protecting our communities against unconstitutional tyranny, we didn't mean those people! If you do this awful thing, we will have no choice but to kick you out!", whereupon the guy whose heart grew four sizes that day went "you can't fire me if I quit!" and left the Oathkeepers, along with a chunk of his supporters.

The end.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Isn't this all a bit of alarmism? Obviously I wasn't alive but I've seen movies, documentaries and read books about the Civil Rights/Vietnam era. if the country didn't rip itself apart over that and MLK being shot and the government literally lying to us every other sentence and spying on "dissidents", do we have to worry about Now being the worst time ever?

That's how Prester Jane do. Take her future prescriptions with a grain of salt except maybe if she's describing how a particular narcissist like the President :gonk: will respond to things.

Oh, and what axeil said.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't mean to sound like I'm puffing my chest out or acting all tough internet male, but this is how you start a fight.

Merkel: "Ve alvays knew boys vere dumb."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rigel posted:

This is the most Texas thing I've seen all year

https://twitter.com/nickpwing/status/867857557964169216

Feral piggies are a goddamn menace and lighter than air vehicles own / have excellent loiter capability.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Zil posted:

There was also talk to allow kegs to be taken up in the balloons, so that should generate some interesting headlines.

Oh. Oh dear.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Office Pig posted:

It only takes on wrong shot, you know.

It shall be within our lifetimes that we witness the beginning of the Balloon Wars.

I suspect you may have an ulterior motive for denigrating swine-hunting methods.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah but how often is that happening? Are there roving bands of wild hogs terrorizing small frontier towns in Texas?

Mostly they eat crops and incidentally murder people who try to stop them / surprise them in theor lairs / have the audacity to drive on a road they're using.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

This is roughly how big they are, too. Imagine something that loving big that's also able to take a bullet to the face, and it hates you personally.

Normally I am at best slightly dubious about hunting pictures, but this just fills me with a "heck yeah, only a billion more to go".

Edit: also there's a really interesting Goat Vs Pig dichotomy in a lot of agricultural societies. They both eat everything plantlike and outside of seriously bullshit mountains are both suitable in any given environment, so they're handy.

It's just that goats won't generally kill and eat YOU.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Y'all probably already saw that Lieberman withdrew his name for FBI director, but sweet Jesus am I happy. Joe needs to gently caress off forever.

Not only is he a colossal rear end in a top hat, he doesn't eat pork.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

skylined! posted:

so what the gently caress is this derail

also what is the difference between fbi scrutiny and fbi investigation

Texas passed a mildly silly sounding feral piggy hunting law and the anti-pig faction, including me, swarmed in to opine that it didn't go far enough, and educate the audience on the porcine menace.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

could be worse, my senator is Ted Cruz.

You also have John Cornyn, who is almost certainly actually a human being.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Oh no, you said the M-word, now mcmagic is going to come post any second now

Cory Booker, Cory Booker, Cory Booker!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Maddow opened her show announcing she was looped out on drugs and was sent home by the doctor but came back to work JUST to talk about Jared Kushner.

That's not newsworthy, I just found it funny.

Democrats are raving druggies who cannot be trusted.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. Fowl posted:

If they're gonna do this, might as well go full-on GOP-controlled House during the Obama years and pass every pie-in-the-sky act they can think of--but instead of repealing the ACA a countless times, they pass every progressive thing they can think of. $15 minimum wage, sure--then single payer, then (again, all purely symbolic) sweeping healthcare reform that would bring down costs and why not throw in free public college too? It'll at least get people excited for 2020--assuming they win in 2018. If they don't have to worry about it getting signed into law, they don't have to worry about actually agreeing on it.

But what if Donald Trump signs off on basic income and universal Medicare? What then? :ohdear:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

Maybe she actually bought into doing something good? Did you negativity fueled asshats think of that?

To add, I think that a Dem Congress might actually be able to get a lot done with Donald, seeing as how he doesn't actually have any philosophical or political philosophy more complex than "Donald Trump good". His Cabinet is a big problem, but poo poo, look at how the GOP Congress has been able to crowbar him into things.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Insurrectum posted:

Replace your smug feeling of satisfaction with a hopeless pit of despair and pent up rage--and you now know how it feels when someone tells you to "Contact your congressman" and you live in Washington DC. :smith:

Your representative is one of the best nonvoting representatives of any gender in Congress.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bueno Papi posted:

Me too but one of those democrats is Feinstein. So, it's sorta a push at this point.

Here is a list of Republican Senators better than Feinstein:

...Snowe? The late Spector?

Edit gently caress Snowe is former too. Joementum, please stand as my second ready to slice my throat.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tony Montana posted:

oh is this another liberal hugbox where anyone that doesn't crack jokes at Donald's expense is big bad man that wants to take your lentil soup away? Sorry, I didn't know..

Look, rear end in a top hat, I can tolerate a lot of things, but lentils are awesome.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fulchrum posted:

Well, the lot that came in 1788 were just awful, folks. When britain sent their people, they weren't sending their best.

Fuckers eventually imported pigs, and didn't eat lentils. :mad:

Edit: gently caress failingforward wins

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Daal. Every time I try making it at home it's never as good as when I order it. I probably don't use enough butter or something else terrible for me.

Coconut milk is a winner, perhaps the best sauce substrate in human history, but cooked wrong will get weird. I defer to The Subforum Formerly Known As Goons With Spoons.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Where do the wild boars come into this

Some, but not all, posters are wild boars.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

RandomBlue posted:

Look up, they've captured the baloons for themselves!

Oh God :gonk:

Half-ton piggies raining from the heavens would

Wait

Pigs hijacking flying transportation... pigs... flying...

We have a chance in Montana, guys!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Covok posted:

Knew it: the Republican is going to win. Republicans will double down knowing they can body slam reporters and still win. Welcome to a preview of 2018.

Democrats lost Montana. We're all loving doomed. Die by your own hand, to deny the scum the satisfaction.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rigel posted:

Nate Silver is pointing out that the libertarian is over 7%, which is not great news for gianforte. A lot of these historic benchmarks are presuming a minimal 3rd party vote, but if thats not the case, then Quist needs fewer votes than normal to win.

Did Nate Silver estimate a reasonable probability of Trump victory in 2016? :smug:

(Dems probably lose, in semi-rural loving Montana)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Supremezero posted:

... yes. Yes he did. He was in fact the one dude who did so.

Was joke. Emoticon and specific choice of source may not have properly conveyed joke.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Ossoff isn't going to win.

Look, I want to offer a measured response about Montana. It's a conservative state. The 11th hour came WAY too late and even so did move votes. 2/3s had already voted.

But the fact is the American left is dead and our democracy soon behind it. Before our children are grown, we'll be the ranting old communists on college campuses or being lined up against the wall. Elections will survive in the Russian or Chinese style and the authoritarian American Wasteland will amount to something like 30% of the population and 100% of the governing power.

They won't govern, of course. Taxes will be collected from the poor to fund the Military Industrial complex while everything else crumbles around us. There will be a few holdouts, but eventually San Fransico tech bros will show us the error of our ways and progressives will morph into libertarians.

:supaburn:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

follow that camel!! posted:

I know..."it's not treason because we aren't at war."

People keep saying this. It is inaccurate both in precedent (although you could argue that attempted rebellion is an act of war, and by extension the Blair Mountain stuff counts) and in statement - there's no explicit summary of what constitutes an enemy of the United States, and therefore no explicit summary of who you can't give aid and comfort to.

More specifically, there's some room for waggle-handed weirdness with eg nonstate actors or, conversely, North Korea.

Russia... probably doesn't count.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 27, 2017

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

hahahahahahahaha

no

Says you, I was murdered twice this January over by Chinatown.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

InternalizedMisogyny.txt

"Awesome"? "Competent"? "Better than a comparable man because they sort of have to be"?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Please Allah, I've been a good boy this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

RZA Encryption posted:

Was this posted?
https://twitter.com/pacelattin/status/867949635028959232

Could be out of context, but drat he looks lost.

I love Bibi's expression.

• Locked thread