Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Cimber posted:

Hannity, flogging a fake story? Shocking!

He's going to get sued back into the stone age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

OUTSIDE of the FART pun, this doesn't even make sense

He both admits that the leakers don't exist and that Trump is committing treason. to make a fart joke

It makes sense if you're a pill popper

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is Hannity this crazy or this craven?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Alkydere posted:

If the family brings a suit against him/Fox his rear end is likely out the door ASAP. Fox has been cleaning house lately and getting rid of a lot of Ailes allies, and Hannity's probably name #1 on the short list. Especially since Fox is getting pretty tired of coughing up money in big, public lawsuits as of late.

Why are the Murdoch sons cleaning house? The lawsuits or are they just disgusted with the network?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is it actually a winning strategy?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

If I'm reading it right, premiums would go down about 4% in half the country (by 2026), 20% in about 1/3rd of the country, and "we have no idea" down in the remaining 6th.

In exchange for 23 million people to lose their insurance.

that doesn't seem worth it IMO.

For less services as well

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I will do my best to outlive Paul Ryan and desecrate his grave at every available opportunity.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

How much do you want to bet Trump's opsec is so bad the French, British, and Israelis are aiding the FBI investigations?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just thought it was weird he was poo poo talking mountain chains all over the world without realizing the Rockies get a huge headstart in elevation from being on a plateau.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah because the alt-right is going to support someone who is invading a nation of blond haired blue eyed people

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Putin is too smart to invade Poland. They have specifically built their force to fight an invasion and have a shitload of drones.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mae posted:

Why does this website make me feel like I finished a match of overwatch?

Probably the racism and gun worship

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

What? We already have the playbook for a white shooter. He's a lone wolf with mental issues

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm honestly shocked we haven't had more shootings and the first one took this long.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

uh trump just said "I feel like Steve has made a great sacrifice..."

thats ominous

Uh Trump uses great to mean good, so it was probably some primo human sacrifice

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

So many of the Markov tweets are awesome.

Donald J. Trump ✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump
Obama's Def. Sec. Sebelius. She did an amazing woman http://somelink.com

Edit: LMAO

Donald J. Trump ✔ ‎@realDonaldTrump
Flattering. Over 19,000 rapes last year. @TrumpRink in Central Park (which all should have a much bigger plans in mind- stay tuned!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

My friend works for ICE and they're so understaffed they have unleashed unlimited overtime and they have no way of deporting everyone they get phone calls about it.

That's right, it could be worse.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

i hope your friend is actively trying not to find people to deport.

He makes people actually stick to the law and they get super mad at him. He's a federal employee so they can't fire him but everyone in his office hates him because he just makes fun of their viewpoints all day.

He also said they were quick to take Obama's portrait down from the spot where they put the photo of the President but there's still no move to put up a photo of Trump lol

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

At about 0300 on August 7, 1967, Coastal Defense Group Sixteen's compound came under vicious attack by two Viet Cong battalions. The assault began with an intense mortar barrage followed immediately by the advance of troops. Fitzgerald, the senior American commander, immediately ordered a retreat of the civilians within the compound. Because of the compound's location adjacent to a river and the aggressors' position, the only escape route was via water in small boats.

Lieutenant Fitzgerald and three others delayed their retreat as long as possible in order to provide covering fire and to direct fire from surrounding friendly forces. Many calls were made to orbiting gunship aircraft, artillery units, and Fast Patrol Craft to provide defensive fire. The Viet Cong attack, however, was swift and well coordinated. It soon became apparent that the South Vietnamese forces were decimated and that the American bunker was the sole remaining source of resistance. As the situation deteriorated, Fitzgerald ordered his last three remaining defenders to retreat while he used arms fire to cover their escape. Fitzgerald was mortally wounded in this action.

A good man. I hope his boat survives.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I can't fault someone for not going to Nam. The rest of his life is reason enough to hate him.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah the US is fuckin' stupid. Almost no job postings come with salaries unless it's hourly. Then you have no way of knowing if they're lowballing you or if you're getting the standard company rate.

Some companies will ask to look at your tax returns when they verify your salary at your last job.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Trump won't be pardoned or stand trial.

He might be impeached but his mental and physical deterioration is progressing (he managed to forget what day it was in a speech this week and think it was his birthday when it wasn't) and by the time this all gets to a courtroom, if it does, he will have either died from the stress or become sufficiently incompetent that his lawyers will manage to get him ruled incapable of standing trial.

Wait, what?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nyaa posted:

And then Mike Pence will pardon him.

Mike Pence is going down with this ship

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I bet Trump would switch on Russia if a bunch of news stories came out saying he was scared of them.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

of course not, you can't get HIV from piss play

Dunno what sort of vanilla piss play you're into, friend

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jesus Christ is Meghan Kelly's show just a platform for her to find a powerful husband?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why should I not be happy some amoral idiot who is perverting democracy got shot by someone with a long criminal record after same idiot spent years working to loosen gun restrictions and has an A+ rating from the NRA?

That is exactly the situation the phrase poetic justice exists for.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm not sure where this sunshine and roses it'll all work out bullshit is coming from. We have a sitting President who lost the popular vote and is compromised by business interests and foreign powers while not being held accountable by one of the most hilariously corrupt Congresses in the world.

That Congress is only in power due to concentrated gerrymandering efforts and voter suppression.

We know that Russia (the same country that he is beholden to) at the very least tried to hack into election machines.

If Trump doesn't go down this country is pretty clearly​in a Constitutional crisis. The one thing that's saved us is that he's loving stupid. We're only not headed to a dictatorship because the evil guy is retarded.

Why would I be sad any of these idiots die? They don't give a poo poo about anyone their policies kill.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Radish posted:

If someone like Mitch McConnell was President we would already be hosed and the system would have virtually no way to stop him.

Exactly. There's empathy and there's feeling bad for the dude stabbing you because he can just NOT hit your vital organs

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

oohhboy posted:

The world gave him one free shot and he blew it.

No he didn't he ruined the gently caress out of the economy giving most of the money in the world to all his friends and flipped us off on the way to a peaceful retirement

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

KickerOfMice posted:

Jesus tapdancing christ that's real. :suicide:

It's from 2013 but that man is President.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can't you get in trouble for lying this much as a lawyer? We had a discussion about it the other day. Lawyers can't make knowingly false declarative statements like that and he said the President is under investigation, he's not under investigation, and now he doesn't know that he's under investigation.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

how come rasmussen is always off by so much?

They include a likely voter screen that is poo poo and wrong because it skews conservative.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kilroy posted:

Oof, I don't know about that. If you have to dehumanize someone first then you should probably stop what you're doing. If nothing else you're exercising muscles that you're really better off leaving alone.

Scalise is a human being. He feels pain, sadness, and anger, along with joy and love. In his case these thoughts and emotions are probably blunted somewhat by sociopathy, but they are still there in some form. He has a rich inner world that no one but him knows or can understand, and we'd all be better off if it were extinguished forever.

You got me you wonderful bastard.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

So is he saying the top law enforcement agency in the country is wrong for pursuing justice because there is some chance that Trump is innocent? :confused:

No he's saying Rosenstein recommending he fire Comey is his get out of jail free card because since he was told to fire Comey, he is all clear.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

Didn't he ask Rosenstein to write up that reasoning, after deciding to fire Comey? Doesn't it not matter at all regardless because Trump fired Comey to impede the Russia investigation, making it obstruction of justice that he did so even if god himself rode in on a cloud announcing it to be the correct course of action?

He did and Rosenstein testified that he was asked to write it, so you're right. If you admit to multiple people "I fired that N-word because he's black" after you got your assistant manager to write a bad performance evaluation of the guy, you're gonna get sued and lose. Even in an at-will state.

Trump admitted in a loving interview he did it because of the Russia investigation. That's why it's maddening he's still President.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

glowing-fish posted:

It would be interesting to see what a lawyer who wasn't a glorified Lionel Hutz would come up with to explain Twitter.

I imagine that somewhere there is a legal precedent that speech that is done by reflex does not count as a meaningful speech. (Someone spills hot coffee on you and you yell "I'll kill you" doesn't count as a threat, since you didn't have time to contemplate and plan your speech. Twitter is not declarative statements, but is just shows the process of thought.

But none of Trump's lawyers are smart enough to make that case, and Trump wouldn't stand for it, so.

Well in the Muslim ban court case his tweets were cited by the court as official statements.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tayter Swift posted:

why is he driving on the left side of the car

It's a british postal service car

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm gonna take a weeklong break I think. Anyone needs me I'll be in one of the chill fishing threads for cool dudes and nice guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

haveblue posted:

Yep, and now we're stuck with the Redskins until they voluntarily change their name.

Luckily as an Eagles fan we're much like Andrew Jackson in that they're not much threat to us.

• Locked thread