Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Pander posted:

Uh, Rachel is significantly better, it's just Hayes is significantly better than everyone else but her.

I just saw a report that MSNBC has taken the prime time ratings crown and Fox is down to #3. Lack must be tearing his hair out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Baronash posted:

Write a loving article, god drat.

You could, but no one would read it.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
If this passes I would expect to see a lot of suicide attacks aimed at those who voted for it, if you're going to die anyway what's stopping you?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Apoplexy posted:

From earlier this morning but I wonder how this woman would feel if someone came up to her and chokeslammed her to the ground and punched her a few times for doing her job. I'm quite curious.

Wouldn't happen to her, cause she's a "good person" and it's a "just world" after all.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

NoDamage posted:

He has zero political experience, but at least he would hire competent people who aren't out to kill the poor and rape the environment, which is miles ahead of where we are now...

Boomers created a national culture that gives out sized rewards to sociopaths, since most of them were. Zucks just playing the hand we've been dealt.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Julio Cruz posted:

Pretty consistent, yeah. This is from 1964:

That's the sanitized version, The actual version was "If you want a friend of the family for a neighbor vote Labor."

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Grapplejack posted:

It's less that andore people just not really subscribing to the idea of being Americans anymore. People keep splitting themselves into little groups, and become so incensed and hateful of The Dreaded Other that they stop seeing them as neighbors or even people and see them as enemies to be snuffed out. You see a lot of that in this thread lately too, it's something I've started to see on both sides of the isle and it's very worrying.

See the problem with that is the Republicans target people who just want to live their lives and not be discriminated against. They are evil, actual quantifiable evil and just like evils of the past there can be no negotiation. The only solution is their utter destruction and actively preventing them from reforming.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Blitz7x posted:

Lol I went to a meeting where new EPA Administrator Pruitt expressed his desire to move from a US "Energy renaissance" to a US "Energy dominance" so in this new world I guess we're grinding up liberals for extra energy

Edit: imagine morpheus holding up a battery but instead it's a jerrycan

As lovely as it is, at least we'll get to be in the inside of Mega City 1 instead of out in the Cursed Earth.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Willo567 posted:

While I agree that Trump is a piece of poo poo, I'm worried that stuff like this will cause the Democrats to lose in 2020

No one who would vote for Democrats is going to be put off by that.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

cargo cult posted:

What exactly is Greenwald's deal, besides hating establishment Dems and the security state? I've heard him characterized as a libertarian but him constantly going to bat for the trump administration on the Russia stuff is so irritating.

He's in thrall to the Russians, that's really it.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Look everyone, the New Republic figured out what Dems need to do to win in 2018, just double double down on conservative centrism!

https://newrepublic.com/article/142372/elitism-liberalisms-biggest-problem

The New Republic posted:

First of all, middle Americans go to church. Not temple. Church. God and Jesus Christ play important roles in their lives. Elite liberals are fine with expressions of faith among African Americans and Latinos, but we often seem to assume that white people who are religious are conservative. It’s not remotely the case.

Second, politics simply doesn’t consume middle Americans the way it does elites on the coasts. Many of these people have lots of friends—and sometimes even spouses—who are Republicans. They don’t sit around and watch MSNBC and talk politics. They talk kids, and local gossip, and pop culture, and sports. They don’t have a position on every issue, and they think Democrats and Republicans are equally to blame for partisan rancor and congressional gridlock.

Third, their daily lives are pretty different from the lives of elite liberals. Few of them buy fair trade coffee or organic almond milk. Some of them served in the armed forces. Some of them own guns, and like to shoot them and teach their kids how to shoot them. Some of them hold jobs in the service of global capital and feel proud of their work.

Fourth, they’re patriotic in the way that most Americans are patriotic. They don’t feel self-conscious saluting the flag. They don’t like it when people bad-mouth our country. They believe that America is mostly good, and that the rest of the world should look more like America.

:barf::barf::barf:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Anchor Wanker posted:

Yeah how about you go gently caress yourself.

Nah, he's right. Trump DNA is a virus, can't let any remain or it'll reinfect the system.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Alter Ego posted:

Something something Protestant work ethic something something MAH DADDY DID THIS JOB FER 40 YEARS something something

Also identity politics

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Spaced God posted:

The only good chain sandwich place is Potbelly's. Panera is okay if you are made of money (or was given like $150 in gift cards for high school graduation like I was). Otherwise, support your own local delis and sandwich shops you fools.

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/870767705351127041
https://twitter.com/NPR/status/870768142120833024

Welp, looks like every good lower court ruling is not long for this world. :sigh:

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jun 3, 2017

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Apoplexy posted:

WTF. Rick Perry is doing the job expected of Secretary of Energy fairly adequately. Not trying to kill the institution outright with incompetence and corruption.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/energys-perry-blast-running-agency-vowed-kill-47806784

WTF.

We truly live in the strangest possible timeline.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

fatherboxx posted:

Why is he undermining his own people publicly?
How is that man able to get anyone to trust him

He's not used to dealing with people that aren't dependent on him, so he doesn't have to worry about whether they trust him or not.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

mcmagic posted:

Have you seen his cabinet? He's a perfect outgrowth of modern conservatism. Corporate funded fake populism. He's nothing new.

Exactly, we need to stop pretending that Trump isn't the corporeal form of the GOP.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Shifty Pony posted:

The real lesson here is "Don't leak to the Intercept or really any organization involving Glenn Greenwald". Likewise Wikileaks has been known to no give a gently caress who gets burned by their releases.

It's not that they are incompetent, its that they are being funded by and loyal to the same foreign power as the current administration.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Night10194 posted:

I remember right after inauguration, Foreign Policy published an article that went over the various ways Trump's term could end early. Nestled in among informative bits about how the 25th amendment, etc work?

Military Coup for doing something so incredibly goddamn crazy that the army turns on him.

I thought it was a joke.

Fine, at this point we need a Atatürk to dismantle the system to save the country, the fact that Trump won just proves that it is beyond repair. I say let the Joint Cheif's take direct control, send all the politicians home, write a modern Constitution and go from there.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Space Gopher posted:

Why, just look how well that model has worked out for Turkey!

Worked great until the theocrat took over.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

dude keeps constantly parroting ~the leaks are the real crime~ and then when called out on it going "oh but yes they're justified" even though you will literally never, ever see him criticize a leak to the press on any non-russia subject

Yeah, he and his organization are heavily tied if not being funded by the Kremlin. I'm sure the only reason he turned on this leaker is because she wouldn't move to Russia.

[quote="“evilweasel”" post="“473093978”"]
there was that minor little genocide and the minor constant military coups
[/quote]

Still better than Trump

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Night10194 posted:

Those look like some real bad numbers for Donny.

I don't know why they keep doing these polls, these are the only numbers that count:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Glumslinger posted:

Because its what these companies do and they've done them weekly/monthly for decades?

Or should we just pretend that no one is getting sick and tired of him because congressional republicans have no balls/ovaries?

I think everyone knows the country is sick of him. My point was simply that all the time spent reporting on these polls and speculating on if they will make a difference is pointless.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Are you secretly Donald trump? Are you going to go tweet that polls don't matter, and it's all fake news anyway and instead of focusing on how unpopular you are they need to focus on how powerful you are?

Maybe it's just my depression creeping but it honestly feels like, and I say this with complete sincerely, nothing matters. Why are we still bothering to get up in the morning and go to work? Why am I bothering to do things I don't want to do when American society is about to end? It just feels like everyday could be the last one.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Skippy Granola posted:

That's what I scratched into the fortified door of my basement bunker

Fortunately I live in a first strike city so I should never know something went wrong. I just hate to be wasting time at work when I could be doing something I want to do when the bombs drop.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thanks for making the exact same post that you made the other day!

He’s right though. That all sane people haven’t just blow their brains out is a miracle, cause it feels like it would be easier to do every day.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

How many deaths will it take till they know

That too many people have died?

Like, serious question, how many people are going to have to die before we get true universal healthcare

300 million, give or take.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Bloop posted:

MIAMI

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahh

Worldwide! Haha! Dalé!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

paternity suitor posted:

LEAKER is going to become the next FAKE NEWS. They'll use it as a tool to bend reality. FAKE NEWS was a way to discredit outsiders reporting the goings on within, now LEAKER will be used as a way to discredit insiders. I don't know what the next level would be from the admin. You can't trust yourself? You can't trust me?

It's literally a cult tactic. "See the problem is you're thinking about it, stop thinking about it. There much better. Hup hup hup, you're thinking about it, stop thinking about it!"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Javes posted:

I'm pretty sure he's doing the republican parlor trick of "Hey! Look how big this book of regulations is! Isn't that crazy!"

Just write "Don't do bad things!" on a piece of paper, so easy, how did these politicians never learn this?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

Yeah, this is pretty :psyduck:. It's a good reminder of how much of an information bubble these people are in, though. They haven't watched the Lester Holt interview (or only saw out-of-context clips), they don't trust the mainstream media, and all the info they get is from social media, Breitbart, their friends and family members, etc. They aren't bad people, and they're not trying to be dishonest. They just...really are that incredibly ignorant.

No they're bad people, and ignorant.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I think a lot of them are just tuning out.

I've noticed that a lot in my Facebook feed, most of the Republicans have stopped posting political things and are now all "Hey guys can we stop with the politics? It's just a little too much, lets just talk about something else."

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wish Al Franken could join in like how they let John McCain in last time.

Be careful he doesn't bring his oathin' hand. Ahh Kate :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDhU8oF4fo&t=78s

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 12, 2017

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

There Bias Two posted:

So is it totally dead now? I doubt the Supreme Court will wish to hear it.

In a five to four decision today...

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Ularg posted:

...won't do anything.

I wonder if there's a category for me, someone who is part "Nothing matters" and part "I hope everything matters".

Hope, the quintessential delusion of the condemned.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Finally, you have the supreme court and the decision of Citizens United. This allowed dark money to leverage the previous situation to the eyeballs to attain its goals.

This is the key to the whole thing right here. Not necessarily Citizens United per se, although that did help, but the way money has so embedded itself in politics of the modern era that it has become literally the only thing "serious people" think make a candidate. So both sides fell in thrall to many of the same donors and therefore their goals are aligned even when they have to pretend to fight. The current DNC is run as a Washington Generals to the RNCs Harlem Globetrotters, they are meant to give the illusion of opposition but not actually affect the outcome. The problem of course now is the RNC has been supplanted by the Tea Party and they don't care about putting on a good show, they just want to run up the score.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Night10194 posted:

Hmmm yes. Both parties are exactly the same.

*Loses health insurance, elects fascist orange*

How did you get that out of what I said? The GOP are different because, as was said, the crazies took over. My point was that the Democrats are still operating in the old paradigm of both sides having the same neoliberal goals and politics being a show for the public benefit.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

the question is if they should withhold consent from everything, slowing the senate to a crawl because doing nearly anything normal requires unanimous consent

But, but my decorum and bipartisanship 😭

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He has been dropping pretty steady with both self described republicans and self described conservatives.
http://www.gallup.com/interactives/185273/presidential-job-approval-center.aspx?g_source=WWWV7HP&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

Like he's still in the positive with his people but there is no indication we are at some hard floor and it's maxed out how low it can go.

It could be zero, as long as Congress is controlled by Republicans polls are meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Ramos posted:

Yo, guys, paper ballots are pretty rad, why did we switch off of those again?

Diebold contributes to the campaigns of the officials who decide what to use.

vvv That too vvv

• Locked thread