Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mango sentinel posted:

Is Paddy Power taking bets on Melania fatally shoving Trump down the stairs is Air Force One?

She might just be confused about the decorum of holding hands... In Europe... For some reason.
Or she loving hates her schwein husband

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There's something about this woman this is just violently repulsive to me - sincerely get a burning nausea watching her talk. There is a place for tolerance but this sort of person should have every aspect of their life ruined (though there's likely not much there that can be made worse)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mulvaney is getting bipartisan-ally brutalized which is pretty interesting. Trump's budget must really be a poo poo bucket.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rigel posted:

https://twitter.com/aparnapkin/status/867497982027059201

The funny thing is that most countries have this. If they elect an evil senile orange hate golem, they can call for early elections.

Just abolish the damned office. It's too powerful for what it was supposed to be, too dangerous, and too easily stolen.
Replace it with a third body of representatives or nothing at all.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Why do I get the feeling that we're soon going to find out that the GOP is all in the pockets of Russia

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Body-Slamming Victim:
"What are you going to do, body-slam me?"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

The way he snapped in an instant makes me think this probably isn't the first time in his life that he's assaulted someone...

This for sure. I also wonder if he might be a little more than stressed about his poll numbers.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Whenever he says that people should just add, "and how much did you win the popular vote by?"
Macron has shown us he'll crumple.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

But what if the questions are hard and they make your think box feel bad? :cry:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Won't. Trump is an attention addict. Not unless the lawyers follow him into the bathroom every morning​.

Yeah, this. The moment they knock him off his soapbox is the moment he "resigns for medical reasons" or something like that.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

She is not wrong. I bet Obama was just poo poo-talking the whole time he was there with her, too.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fart City posted:

And to think it took generations of inbreeding for Spain to create hideously deformed royalty in the form of Charles II, whereas we'll only need to wait until 2040.

USAUSAUSA

I don't even want to imagine what Eric is going to look like by 2040. He's already hosed up and that family has already shown they age like a soft cheese under a heat lamp.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

This feels like the lead up to another Civil War. The South grasping desperately onto another destructive yet patently antiquated institution and way of life.

Hopefully the next incarnation of Sherman gets to finish the job then.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

buglord posted:

There's some GBS poster who's obsessed with hating the south and he got some redtext featuring Sherman quotes. I thought it was goons putting words in shermans mouth but nope it's some real :stare: stuff.

Is it pre-war or post-war stuff because there is some horrific stuff from before the war but I'm having a hard time finding any comments after emancipation. In any case, I think he is better known for hating rebels than he is people for their race so I want to make it clear that's the spirit I was invoking.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has anyone ever had Jimmy Johns? They're expanding into my area and I'm curious.

Better than subway. Not as good as say... a Capriotti's or something like that. Absolutely as fast as they claim to be.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Abisteen posted:

I can't emphasize enough how much loving mayo Jimmy John's puts on their subs. Ask for light mayo. Also their lettuce is poo poo. If you work near them though a couple of times a year they will bring a tray of sample subs to your office or other workplace, which is nice.

Oh yeah for sure this. Ask for light sandwich lubrication.
Also if there's a potbelly's around you choose that instead.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Jimmy Johns is good if you remember two things;

1)always get wheat bread (which is sliced and fluffy and not a hard roll like their regular bread and helps absorb some of the mayo)

2) Always ask for bean sprouts. Because gently caress yeah, sprouts.

The Beach Club is delicious. Turkey, mayo, tomato, mayo, cheese, cucumber, mayo, avocado, and bean sprouts(optional).

Alternatively, the vito. It will kill you. I partially blame it for the slow destruction of my gallbladder, but it is cheap and delicious.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Because of their patented system (it's essentially an assembly line for sandwiches. That's it. That's the secret.)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phyein posted:

bernie would have won

But what would he have ordered for lunch? Panera? Chipotle? Some hoity-toity upper-class poo poo like protein bar?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phyein posted:

I'm serious. Hillary didnt lose because she was too left, she was universally hated. Bernie is the most liked politician in the country. And his historic fundraising shows the enthusiasm people had for him. THE idiotic logistics of the democratic primary (NY you had to be registered in loving NOVEMBER as a dem to vote, loving CAIUCISES ( i didnt even know what the gently caress a caucus was before this primary, and judging from goon experiences here they were loving retarded), media and everyone basically igniring him for far too long or saying he had no chance, etc.) basically doomed him and this country.

This may very well be super correct and cogent but this being a late Friday evening I'm simply not in a state to properly respond to your points

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wow. That is some lazy-rear end work. I thought NYT was supposed to be the good one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Young Freud posted:

As much as I like it, this just reminds me that Twitter can't go away fast enough. We shouldn't have a President that can just fart out something in under 135 characters without thinking.

That stems from the user not so much the medium. Obama made it work without coming off like a loving child because he is intelligent.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It never fails to surprise me that, for all the high-tech approaches you could theoretically take, it is still sufficient to phish folks for credentials. It really feels like a sufficiently large organization is powerless again failing against that sort of thing because you are bound to have at least one idiot who takes the bait and then it's all over.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

OhDearGodNo posted:

There's more you can do in the form of dynamic passwording to where for most systems a user doesn't even need a password, or the one used for access to systems is not the same they know.

Add in 2FA, a good host FW, and proper DLP controls and much can be prevented.

The failing is not the idiot, rather the company that doesn't account for the idiot being an idiot.

Well it's not just that you need these good policies but then you need unilateral buy-in across whatever the entity is. Even the NSA knew better and still worked in lazy little hackarounds and backdoors and they got burned for it. There will always be people who are too lazy or demands that are too pressing to do things the proper way 100% of the time.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Spaced God posted:

So uh... We've had three or four tweets from Trump today already.

I wonder how many self serving tweets we'll have before he remembers today's literally the anniversary of D-Day.

Trick question. He won't remember, someone on his team will take his phone and push out some stock message which he will quickly poo poo all over.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

So I'm gonna guess that this is what that surprise House Intel press conference is going to be about

Link?
Also isn't this pretty much direct provocation from Russia? Is there a way to play this that doesn't show Donald's hand?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

hahahah this is about as likely as having Congress vote to give themselves pay cuts

This is going to be the straw that pushes for impeachment isn't it.
My president may be a Russian collaborator but I'll be damned if I'm working unpaid overtime.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mozi posted:

Impossible, his doctor termed him the healthiest individual ever to be president!

In spite of his lifestyle, he's got the septum of a 25 year-old stockbroker.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

HappyHippo posted:

This article reminded me that Pam Bondi exists. There are way too many Trump scandals to keep straight.

Maddow just mentioned Trump university and like holy poo poo that feels like decades ago.
Our president gave his name to a scam for-profit university that makes ITT tech looks like Harvard

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

skylined! posted:

is this a butt-tweet

It's the non-Huckabee part of her soul trying to gain control of the flesh form.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

her name is huckabee and she named her son huck. there is nothing adorable about it.
Should have named him Sand.

Sand-Huck Huckabee Sanders.

Also it's alarming that it took her 2 hours to respond. When your line of work is communications you probably ought to be more connected to communication.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How long until we find out he's funneling all this "campaign" money directly into his bank account

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

The funny thing is that Fox and most conservative news sources wouldn't be talking bad about the AHCA.

He totally got this info from CNN or MSNBC.

Eh, if he was listening to the news he'd had flipped weeks ago. I think this is one of his talking heads telling him he might be able to deflect the Russia story by swinging center/throwing the House under the bus. He lives news cycle to news cycle.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I was just saying this is the primary thread. I couldn't find historical data but this has got to be a sign of something. Maybe all the wishy-washy folks who got burned by Trump have learned a valuable lesson about how quickly democracy will gently caress you if you go at it passively.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Florida Betty posted:

I don't think that means anything. VA has open primaries. People cross party lines all the time. The story going into this was that Gillespie was going to win the Republican nomination in a landslide, so plenty of Republicans crossed over and voted in the Democratic primary instead. I know my mom, a Trump voter, did.

To what end? Both dems were pretty similar whereas I can think of a Republican she may have preferred to Gillespie

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

I believe in open primaries they have a blanket ballot that has all candidates on them because partisan ballots in such primaries are unconstitutional, right?
Same as what Florida Betty said.
It would be kinda neat to see what happens if they were set up this way, though. I imagine disastrous things.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

deep web creep posted:

Let's all agree that -- the contents of his tiny, black heart aside -- Jason Miller looks like a gross sausage man with a goatee

Omit the "man" and then I'm with you on this.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

Seriously. This isn't an episode of law and order. Investigations do not work fast at all. Gathering evidence, piecing it all together, and figuring out who did what isn't exactly easy. Then there's the part where you have to go prove that.

Plus if something did happen, it wasn't just one guy involved. It's a giant loving web of people who hosed up and you tend not to want to let traitors weasel out through loopholes.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

MrNemo posted:

Nixon was still at 50% with Republicans when he resigned. Basically being below 90% with your party when you're looking at 0 from the other side and well below 50 with independents is not a good place to be. It's loving hilarious like 5 months in to a first term.

This is why you don't make promises that you can't keep to very desperate people. You may be able to trick them but you can't just say "see, things are all better now." They're not smart enough to know they were being conned but they are smart enough to know things are still poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He is so useless. "B-b-b-but, Hiiiilllllaaary."

• Locked thread