Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Francis with the subtle dig by mentioning just one thing about Slovenia to show up Trump who has undoubtedly never learned anything about Melania's country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Hey guys gonna be passing through Montana, any recommendations on the best place to get some wicked fresh ceviche?

Jesus, you guys are really going full bore on this Pope Francis Italian Food Obsession Story aren't you?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Trabisnikof posted:

Colorado is really pretty this time of year.

Also really good Italian food I hear.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

If this ends with President Melania and Vice President Ivanka in some kind of Xanatos Gambit that gets them to institute an all-female administration, I would consider it worth the stress.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Elotana posted:

someone post that "actually, the trump women are also bad" article from vice

Oh, no I know that, I'm just willing to accept bad people as long as they're female because, you know, 4000 years of oppressing women so take your victories where you can.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Ein Sexmonster posted:

This shift is also very relevant for the senate- A lot of vulnerable dems could be saved by this momentum. Even if we can't take back the senate in 2018, it'd be a huge boon for 2020 and 2022

And think, even if dems don't take back the senate, this momentum could mean they only lose one or two seats which would be an enormous boon in 2028 and 2030.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Wait who are the broke brains now? The people who think losing is winning or the people who think losing is losing?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Arist posted:

if you have to ask

Look I'm just trying to triangulate, baby.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Let's never forget that sometimes the truth actually is in the middle, that Comey is a dumb, overreaching imperious shitlord and it's a good thing now because the president is a crazed pissbaby.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Grover Norquist used to be so reasonable.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Missing Donut posted:

I own my home in Wisconsin and pay about $2,700 a year in property taxes. I think the state portion is around $10 or $11 of it.

You pay federal property taxes?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Bottom Liner posted:

She and Trump truly deserve one another

She's showing more attachment to Donald than Melania is.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Turtlicious posted:

What'd you do for that red text, holy poo poo.

I celebrated the banning of a gimmick poster in the Israel/Palestine thread. Isn't it marvelous, I'm pretty sure it indicates I'm against all of it. Everything.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Ice Phisherman posted:

It won't be destroyed. It'll just continue to shrink. At some point they'll try to win with the numbers they have and just find that they won't be able to win because the people that existed ten years ago have a big chunk of them dead and millennials are not voting republican enough to matter.

I'm pretty sure that at some point the republicans are going to try and absorb the libertarian party in order to get an injection of fresh blood rather than trying to reform on their own. They'll learn nothing from the experience. Only repackage what they currently deliver now but pay lip-service to the party they devoured as well.

The libertarian party?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

when i licked my own balls?

also my parents.

Hey guys get a room this thread wasn't made for your flirting it's for despairing the Trump Administration.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo this is awesome I want six seasons of this on Netflix please.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

Any weakening of our position in the world stage , strengthens China and Russia I'm pretty sure.

So what? We get to drone fewer people wah wah wah my geopolitical kissinger boner.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

empty whippet box posted:

He learned all there was to know about healthcare and now he has bestowed upon us his grand solution: add more dollars to healthcare.

If this tweet isn't an obvious sign of a degenerative brain disease then idk what is

We're just seeing the effect of lawyering up on his tweets. This thing was probably beautiful before the pencil pushers got ahold of it.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Captain Invictus posted:

Also whether he realizes it or not, Garrison is going to go down in history as an example of a propaganda artist. Wonder how he'd feel about that.

Based on his embracing of it I'd say the answer is: good.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

"They sent this back from Riyadh, make sure to cleanse it with pure virgin blood or it will flash red."

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I do not know why I care so much about trying to judge how other people work out.

It's probably means you're a loser.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Skellybones posted:

Why are they posting at each other in English?

Russians can't read Ukrainian, a doy.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Zuck ran Facebook like a lovely frat for the first couple years, including making the guys dress like Zuck and the girls wear fawning pro Zuck poo poo on his birthdays.

He's actually worse than Trump, but maybe his wife controls him now, she's pretty loving cool in inverse proportion to how much of a tool he is.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

I mean, if we manage to survive this it will be nice to know who all the closet rascist/fascist/antisemites were. Like, it's nice to know that Rob Schneider and Chuck Woolery are basically unreconstructed asshats.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

mcmagic posted:

I doubt he's worse than Trump.

You probably think all this techbro stuff is overblown. Trump is a bloated Boomer asshat with no real understanding of how the modern world works. Zuck has been at the wheel of the most powerful social media company, has gobs more money, and is basically the same raw id squeezed into a lovely pullover and sandals.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Chilichimp posted:

If a republican candidate emerges who's actually a career civil servant and not a government saboteur, I will absolutely vote for them over Democrat hopeful, Mark Zuckerturd.

Businessmen and techno-magnates cannot run a loving global superpower.

I think a weird megalomaniac like Elon Musk could but Zuck is literally King of the Techbros and the Vicar of Techbrodom on Earth. He is, by all accounts from his Harvard days to the first few years at FB, 100% techbro-lolbertarian-autist-sexist to the point that he's like a walking caricature of techbros. The only reason we hear so much about how hosed up Uber is is because Zuck got wise before the whole valley became "what constitutes woke for Silicon Valley" and was willing to surrender most of the power at FB to savvy managers. If you want to really understand him (spoiler: you don't) you can read the various things Kate Losse has written or talk to anyone else who worked at FB those first two years. Most people assume it's just the IM messages from "when he was a kid" but he's really just like a single flavor of techbro douchebag to the degree that he might be a robot.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PT6A posted:

Americans, could you please stop allowing him to wander 'round without adult supervision? Frankly, this is getting dangerous.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/869503804307275776

I'm torn, on the one hand the dissolution of NATO and the downfall of the peace of the modern world seems really upsetting.

On the other hand, the alliance with Russia will mean the possibility that Russo-American Mercantile will come into existence, which could mean we're in the Buck Rogers Timeline...

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Piell posted:

It looks like someone shrunk his face.

You can't post that without also posting the gif.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

theflyingorc posted:

The statue is a little more complex than it appears at first - the statue is actually a corporate product placed there to promote a specific company.

But people don't see it that way so this is going to get a lot of media play.

The author is dead, the artist doesn't control the interpretation of their art. All you're left with is an angry bro installing the bronze equivalent of a Calvin peeing sticker.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
The statue looks like a slug/poop.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Tony Montana posted:

hi guys! how you all going! have a nice day in Trumps America? That's good!

Your English is terrible.

Oh and Trump is like 300lbs+ now.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Fulchrum posted:

And LBJ was the same raw id in a pair of pants that dug into his balls, the hell is your point?

You are legitimately unhinged if you think LBJ and Mark Zuckerberg are alike in any way.

I mean, except that they're both tremendous physical cowards and Zuck probably falls on his back and starts kicking and flailing randomly when physically threatened.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

RandomBlue posted:

Of hot sexy conservative values, steamy success and beautiful hair!

Hot steamy something!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Please let him be somewhere official where he gets to talk and talk and talk.

He already has ties to Russia, pull him close to you, Trumpy, for all of us.

Sherriff Clarke would make a great Press Secretary.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Fulchrum posted:

Trump and LBJ, dumbfuck. Brash, bullying, crass, unwilling to change his decorum, prefers beating people into submission than working with them.

You have no idea who LBJ was if you think he was the Trump of the 50s-60s.

LBJ wouldn't have been compromised by Russians. LBJ would have eaten Kislyak, or hosed him, or hosed him and eaten him or eaten him while loving him.

Just because the man talked about his bunghole and bragged about having senators' peckers in his pocket and stole elections and said all sorts of heinous poo poo and looked like a warmed over turd doesn't bring him down to the level of a bumbling idiot stooge who fumbled his way into being a brand.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Warrior Monk

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

There Bias Two posted:

Her smile is completely rehearsed and not the least bit convincing.

That's because that dog is garbage. That's the most second-rate overbred dog I've ever seen. Its name should be Sepsis.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Quick what does covfefe mean?!!?!

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Is it the name of his sled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010