Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Press office must have sent out a tweet from Trump's account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

They don't even try to mimic Trump's writing style when tweeting from his account.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Why is there still a crowd at Moore's HQ? The game is over - you can go home now.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
If write ins get tossed because the candidate wasn't a valid choice, wouldn't that increase Jones' margin?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Most companies will not change overnight given the contentious nature of the policy, and things were not actually a hellscape prior to the Obama law. It might suck and some stupid poo poo will certainly happen, but it's not the end of the world, and will eventually get overturned.

This might even get some single issue Millennials to the polls. If I were part of the GOP leadership, I'd have been begging Pai to delay this move after seeing what happened in Virginia. Call it an "extended review period", and put it off until January 2019. Giving this anti-GOP demographic more reasons to get out and vote less than 12 months before the mid-terms is unwise.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

What did she even do at the White House?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Charliegrs posted:

Too bad those under 35s don't vote

With net-neutrality now a political issue, I expect we will see a lot more of those under 35s turn out next time around. Even if they don't bother voting, with stage 2 of Paul Ryan's plan being taking a chainsaw to medicare and social security in an election year, there is a lot of cause for concern among GOP elected officials.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I just realized that single person with $1 million dollar wages whose taxes go up in the USA Today article is Ann Coulter

I'm interested to see how the right wing media covers the tax cuts next year, since most of them live in blue states, and are going to get screwed by the elimination of the SALT deduction. As we saw with Megyn Kelly, they don't care about issues until it personally affects them, and what could affect them more than a hit to their wallets?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
I can see no major budget deal getting done and the GOP just get by kicking the can every few months. The problem with doing taxes before taking care of the rest of their agenda means cuts to anything is political suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Who actually does make the president's big macs? Does he have a traveling big mac chef that comendeers each mcdonalds? They can't possibly let the random teens that normally work there make the president's food, do they?

Wouldn't it be safer to have random teens make it? If a plain clothes secret service agent walks into McDonalds and orders a big mac, there is a lot less risk of someone being able to poison the president.

• Locked thread