Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't understand this. That's May in the middle, right? With the biggest numbers? And the poll says they have the largest party? Someone explain.

It's a majority over all other parties combined, not just over each party individually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Don't stop I'm almost there...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Are we going to finally hear what he sounds like? The voice in my head for anything he says is a slightly more nasally Jesse Eisenberg.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

buglord posted:

Oh crap. Are actual, in-person spies still at thing, or are most things done via hacking? Are there any cool books/documentaries on American spies during the cold war, or some other recent period?

In person spies will always be a thing. There are some things you just need a person on the ground for, they just aren't y'know, Tom Clancy characters.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Who's the chair on both of these?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

demonicon posted:

Just a quick question from a European. When did the term antifa start to appear in the US? Because this is the first time I am hearing it being used by you guys.

I mean I always thought antifa was more of a European thing.

Personally I noticed after some guy tried to knock some of Spencer's teeth out

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Wolfenstien ii is going to be hit on nazi punching

I think I saw Nazis bro-ing it up with KKK members so the next 12 months of FPS games will be entertaining online.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

eyebeem posted:

I can always count on this thread for the most loving insane derails.

Get ready for 9 hours of "Are you middle class if you order custom shirts from china?"

I miss the wild boar derail.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fuckin' go for it, Hallie Jackson. :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

Today is a very "troll Trump" day.

:vince:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rewatching the first episode of West Wing, and the scandal of the week is so heartwarming.

"Lady, the god you pray to is too busy being indicted for tax fraud!"

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fart City posted:

This right here. Don't humanize this sack of ballsweat, and don't give him a platform to make him appear legitimate. Dude's responsible for the continual harassment of Sandy Hook families because of his "process." gently caress him, and gently caress Megyn Kelly for letting him in the door.

:yeah:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jeff Sessions is going to announce a new 3D Metroid and most of the hearing will be various senators asking him about it.

Knowing Sessions and how he's an evil gently caress who hates cool things you'll play as Adam.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

stringball posted:

I figured this was the best place to ask this, a "crowdfunded journalism site" (an absurd concept and have even more absurd "bounties") raised $7,500 to release the real first edition/manuscript in .pdf of "Dreams From My Father" to prove that the book was not written by obama and was ghost written by someone else instead

I of course know it's bullshit and the staff of the website were the ones to create the campaign, assuming the conspiracy of bill ayers writing the book was even true and this was the real first edition/manuscript (the website says both) what would this thing actually be worth?

https://www.wesearchr.com/bounties/obama-didnt-write-that

The site is really loving bizarre to be honest, although I would love to get paid to make up some stupid poo poo

-----

It's a bit hard to find numbers the number of abortions each year (664,435 in 2013 on wikipedia and it dropped steadily each year), let's assume 550,000 are going to be done in 2017 and ~110,000 kids are already waiting to be adopted, if support and funding for abortion goes extremely south, where the gently caress are the sudden influx of unwanted kids going to go?

When these questions are brought up to the pro-lifers making these things happen what are their solutions?

They're only pro life until you get squirted out of your mom. Then you're on your own.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

You guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys, stop holding us accountable for our lovely actions!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

What did Truman end up doing to get that high?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Let's be fair, I'm sure the entire Senate has been trying to convince Cruz to do this for years.

FTFY

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neato! We're going full into perjury mode!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

RiggenBlaque posted:

He was shocked, SHOCKED to find out that there were reports the Russians were talking to the Trump campaign. SHOCKED

Someone get him the faintin' couch.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Google "Scottie Nell Hughes" and :lol:

My favorite election thing is still her getting offended at Ana Navarro saying "pussy" a lot after the bus tape.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I think it has something to do with her skin tone and her being a her... Not sure...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Do we know the status of Scalise?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BardoTheConsumer posted:

And it most certainly will. Fortunately the shooter at least appears to have been white. Don't want to imagine the backlash if it were a minority.

Harlem would've been razed.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Typo posted:

tbf aren't pistols better in close quarters

According to the basics of CQC.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

is trump truly dumb enough to fire mueller. there has to be limit to it.

There is no limit to his dementia addled brain.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

theres a will theres moe posted:

It's almost as if the guy thinks he's still running a loving reality show or something.

Congratulations, you've discovered the Trump Doctrine.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

How are they even tangentially related?!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lemming posted:

Is he the "it wasn't rape because you can't rape your spouse" lawyer?

I thought that was "Says who" guy.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Trump's approval rating right now is roughly tied with Clinton's at this period in his administration.

Please note that Waco had just happened in Clinton's administration, and Trump hasn't killed a couple hundred civilians on US soil yet, so

So he's definitely going to bring up that his numbers aren't as bad compared to Bill and Hillary?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I keep forgetting he's the governor at all, still.

Didn't he win re-election and spend maybe 6 months in office before immediately jumping off to run for president?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

If it made them introspective about why people hate them so much and that led to a shift in their policies? Sure. But the immediate reaction seems to be that they're going to further insulate themselves from the public. I heard my own congressman (a shithead, to be sure, but not among the very worst of them) on the radio this morning saying that they're going to have to reconsider their levels of interaction with the public and how they do it, and that's not a good thing.

Yeah, my guy's Paulsen and he was already ducking town halls for fear that "They may be impolite and un-Minnesotan! :downs:" There's no chance that we'll ever see him between now and 2018 after yesterday.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

haveblue posted:

There's a word that's right on the tip of my tongue, I think it starts with a B but I can't quite remember.

e: ^^^^^^^ no not that one

It involves someone named Ben I think. Ben Carson? Has he been up to no good?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rigel posted:

Here are the team rosters, apparently the all-time series is tied.

Democrats (39-39-1)

Pete Aguilar (CA-31)
Nanette Diaz Barragan (CA-44)
Don Beyer (VA-08)
Brendan Boyle (PA-13)
Tony Cardenas (CA-29)
Joe Crowley (NY-07)
Joe Donnelly (IN-Sen.)
Mike Doyle (PA-14)
Ruben Gallego (AZ-07)
Jared Huffman (CA-02)
Hakeem Jeffries (NY-08)
Daniel Kildee (MI-05)
Ruben Kihuen (NV-04)
Chris Murphy (CT-Sen.)
Jimmy Panetta (CA-20)
Bill Pascrell (NJ-09)
Ed Perlmutter (CO-07)
Jared Polis (CO-02)
Cedric Richmond (LA-02)
Raul Ruiz (CA-36)
Tim Ryan (OH-17)
Linda Sanchez (CA-39)
Marc Veasey (TX-33)
Tom Suozzi (NY-03)
Eric Swalwell (CA-15)
Timothy Walz (MN-01)

Republicans (39-39-1)

Joe Barton TX-06
Jack Bergman MI-1
Mike Bishop MI-08
Kevin Brady TX-08
Mo Brooks AL-05
Mike Conaway TX-11
Ryan Costello PA-07
Rodney Davis IL-13
Ron Desantis FL-6
Jeff Duncan SC-03
Jeff Flake AZ-Sen
Chuck Fleischmann TN-03
Matt Gaetz FL-01
Bill Johnson OH-06
Trent Kelly MS-01
Darren LaHood IL-18
Doug LaMalfa CA-01
Barry Loudermilk GA-11
Roger Marshall KS-1
Pat Meehan PA-07
John Moolenaar MI-04
Steve Palazzo MS-04
Gary Palmer AL-06
Rand Paul KY-Sen
Erik Paulsen MN-03
Steve Pearce NM-02
Thomas Rooney FL-17
Dennis Ross FL-15
John Shimkus IL-15
Mark Walker NC-06
Brad Wenstrup OH-02
Roger Williams TX-25
Kevin Yoder KS-03

Someone on the Dem team do me a favor and nail Paulsen in the face with the ball at some point, tia.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Fart City posted:

My friend, Mike Pence is a Good Christian Soldier. He didn't date that horse, he took her to a nice fish fry dinner and immediately proposed to her at a gazebo while a choir sang "Nearer My God To Thee."

Shortly afterwards, he took to calling the horse Mother.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So I'm watching Chris Wallace dunking on Trump's lawyer, and does Trump and his team think that Comey-Trump interactions were protected under attorney/client? Because I'm pretty sure that's not remotely a thing.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

Whatever happened to that laptop ban? I haven't heard anything about it.

They quietly shut down the expansion to European countries, presumably because businesses hated it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

mango sentinel posted:

Reminder that the Ossof/Handel election is tomorrow if anyone needs to take a break to avoid everyone making GBS threads themselves.

Spending tomorrow night watching West Wing instead of obsessing over events I can't control!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

JasonV posted:

My one hope is once this is all over, Spicer can do an interview were he lets the facade down and can be all, "That was messed up! He told me to lie! Straight to the press! Wait.. Did I really say that? How embarrassing. Oh man, that was a crazy time."

:laffo: If you think Trump didn't make every last one of his staff members sign an NDA.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Before I laugh what would Press Secretary->Communications Director be considered? How important is the Communications Director?

In a normal admin, they're in charge of crafting the message and the narrative that the President pushes, which arguably puts them pretty high up in the President's senior staff. But... Trump's Trump, so a Comm Director is pretty worthless unless they happen to be a particularly durable brand of duct tape.

EDIT: Dog tax

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Prism posted:

Honestly you can just stop here. He doesn't know anything. His job depends on it.

Plausible deniability is a pretty useful tool in a press secretary's arsenal but you need an able hand to use it properly. Spicey's hilarious because he has the shakiest hands ever.

• Locked thread