Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gently caress YOURSELF SANTORUM YOU PILE OF HUMAN WAAAAAAAASTE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I love the AfAm community. So drat much.

EDIT: HAPPY DOG FOR HAPPY TIME

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 13, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Medullah posted:

Again, he'll act like it never happened. He will flip out on his staff and raise hell, but no tweets against Jones - he MIGHT blast Moore, but he won't do anything to remind people he supported a loser.

Yeah, we'll see him delete any evidence of support along with ShuckS saying "The people of Alabama have spoken and that's all this administration will say on that."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Watched Rogue One and A New Hope back to back. It was a pretty good thing for tonight.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

You're being ridiculous, I'm a christian and I probably couldn't name more than 3 hymns much less sing them. It's an extremely peripheral part of the religion.

The only people I know who knows more than 3 or 4 hymns are a few cousins on my mom's side who are all in choirs, and my mom, who's a pastor, and an exceptionally good one at that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

HE'S SPEAKING

Link me... I need it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

gently caress THEM
Not that I take anything Coulter says in good faith, but Franken needs to get the gently caress out.

Isn't Franken basically out when Dayton names the replacement tomorrow?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Your Taint posted:

How is t_d reacting?

Blind frothing rage in the direction of Yertle the Turtle.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

So in order to gain majority in Senate, Democrats now need to hold ground in Indiana, Missouri, North Dakota and West Virginia in 2018, and win in Arizona and Nevada.

And Minnesota. Like, fuckin' lol state level GOP winning here, but both Franken and Klobuchar's seats are going to be up next year, and they might be energized enough to make a play since Trump only lost here by something like 2-3%

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

The fact that they try to group people who were remotely conscious for 9/11 and even 2008 with the rest of the crew is really silly.

Yeah, some of my coworkers just barely qualify as millennials and they were literally 2 years old when 9/11 happened. I mean, I was 11 but I was pretty loving aware of what was going on, especially when we spent the next 3-4 years traveling everywhere by car instead of plane.

EDIT: The primary difference I've noticed is the millennials in our mid to late 20s are all very politically conscious and all freaked out when Franken visited our store, and the teens were basically "uhhh... who's that." Like... the one who's the most politically active and actually wants to work in politics and went to the Women's March and everything has no idea who Warren is and it hurts my brain.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 13, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

The Berlin Wall Fell in 1989.

6 year olds are not politically conscious. Most 12 year olds barely care about the politics they've read about in their Social Studies class, let alone have any sort of political awareness.

The only reason I was remotely conscious before I was in high school was my dad let me watch West Wing with him during... season 2 so I was 8? Joke's on him, I just wanted to stay up late. Joke's on me, it irreparably damaged my political outlook and now I'm a hopeless idealist.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

botany posted:

uhh what

how

Because now they just rip the bandaid off and don't have to deal with months and months of ethics investigations followed by Moore getting tossed on his rear end, which would of course be readily accepted by the Trump psychos as an acceptable thing.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

hanales posted:

What happened to him? Didn't it turn out he was a sex monster or something?

I think the official reason is he did a racism one too many times, and if he stuck around any longer Don Lemon or Van Jones would've fed him his teeth.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

That is unexpected--I didn't think Smith would try to win the seat in 2018.

MN goons, what can we expect?

Honestly, I'm not sure, Smith hasn't really been much of a public figure in MN politics. The best I could say is Dayton's reasonably popular among the DFL, assuming that the base is motivated she could easily carry the state, since she'll be on the ballot at the same time as Klobuchar and lemme tell you, we fuckin' adore Amy.

EDIT: Also anyone who runs for that seat will be in the same boat as Jones, they have to run for the seat again in 2020, and there's the question of if there's any MN GOPers who are crazy enough for two runs like that.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 13, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Alter Ego posted:

Is Amy Klobuchar really that popular in Minnesota? I never got the sense that she had that much in the way of personality.

72% approval by the last Star Tribune poll. She's basically the Minnesotan equivalent of Tim Kaine, a genuinely nice person who has a pretty rich history in this state.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Baronash posted:

So a right-leaning to moderate Democrat?

Not a good substitute for what we lost.

She's a moderate Dem from MN, which basically means progressive as hell compared to everyone else.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Teddybear posted:

The, uh, unfortunate thing about this is that the Lieutenant Governor will now be appointed by the Minnesota Legislature.

The wholly Republican legislature.

Let's hope that the governor doesn't go anywhere before the next elections, or Minnesota's gonna fall apart. :ohdear:

The next election is in 2018, and Dayton's cancer free. We're fine.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

scuz posted:

Franky Grab-rear end won in 2008 by 312 votes, so yeah, nothing's a done deal here. I even voted for Dean Barkley because I didn't think Al had it in him to be a good senator. If Al had the political clout that he had at the end of his career when he ran I very much doubt it would have been so close, which is why I think Smith has a better chance of making it a clear decision. Her chances are helped bigly since there aren't any obvious Red Team picks. Hell, they're thinking of dragging the coughing, rotten corpse of Tim Pawlenty to a podium and that guy was a real weasel.

Yeah, the names they're putting forward are fuckwads like Paulsen and Emmer, ghouls who can scrape a win in their districts, but would get absolutely murdered in a statewide race.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Zero_Grade posted:

It's a degenerate orbit.

I am constantly thankful I've always gone to socially liberal Catholic churches.

:same: but with United Church of Christ. Made me pretty proud of my religion when their commercials got banned from our CBS affiliate because they had the temerity to show a same sex couple smiling together back in the mid 2000s.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

The best thing would be if Obama, Carter, Clinton, George Bush Jr all got full health work ups and released them the same day Trump does.

Carter is almost certainly in better shape.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 17, 2017

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Ashmole posted:

The worst are the Twitter guys who write cryptic tweets and then all of the followers are like "OMG ITS HAPPENING" then nothing happens. I saw a guy write something like "IRENE" (like in Blackhawk down) and all of the followers were just eating it up. gently caress those guys.

The only guy who was reputable on that was the Lawfare guy who posted "tick tick tick..." when he knew a big story was coming down from his contacts in the FBI. Then he stopped because people were getting super stressed out about it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Cruz is gonna be inserting himself into every primary until the day he dies. His reputation since loving high school is that of someone that is always clambering to reach a higher seat of power and the POTUS is the ultimate end goal for him. Fortunately, he has all the charisma of a moldy banana so the odds of him ever winning a general election are slim. Even Republicans don't like him.

I still get a chuckle out of one of my old coworkers voting for Cruz in the primary because she thought "his faith was true," and it broke her brain a bit when I told her what a fuckin' slimeball he is.

Then again maybe she was just really drat stupid since she had no idea that Italy and Japan were on the same side as Germany in WWII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

:five:

• Locked thread