Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

ReidRansom posted:

Dotcom is also still facing extradition to the US and it wouldn't surprise me if he's just trying to curry favor with the Trump administration through its media stooges in hopes of a deal.

Just like Assange...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

Shoot the moon, land close enough to murder say half a mil?

Well the democrats don't compromise enough, said the Very Serious People

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Was this confidential info or is it known we have subs there?

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/867335646423265280

I'm guessing its one of those things that are widely speculated and "known" but not technically out in the open, kind of like Israel having nukes.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Rigel posted:

The morons tend to be old, and a lot of millennials who were raised to be Republican are defecting to the left as they realize that their parents don't have their poo poo together.

The problem will literally die.

I think that will help but then again this poo poo will always be with us in some way. Not to mention that not all millennials are defecting to the left, and the ones that don't are twice as energized and twice as extreme as that old lady.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

stillvisions posted:

For the current administration the lack of a FBI head for a while is considered a feature, not a bug.

That's good for us since that means he won't have a toady in place to shut down the investigation.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Is school choice a dogwhistle for "take my white kids out of minority schools?

Pretty much. I think that's even one of the dogwhistles in use today that escaped from the 60's.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

So the bill is going to pass reconciliation rules, right

I know we are at the beginning of the Mattering but that doesn't mean that the other shoe isn't just about to drop

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Huzanko posted:

It's actually loving stupid to empower one person, any person, with the ability to destroy the world. You should have huge problems with this system.

Yeah I'm pretty loving nervous that the only check on Trump's power to end the world in hellfire is literally God

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Tweet already down, so I'm guessing thats not correct.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

"He released his emails unlike Hillary who wiped 33,000 of them. Who REALLY has something to hide?" - FOX NEws

At this stage of the game, I think it's just arrogance and hubris - feeling untouchable and above the law -
and until someone somewhere suffers consequences for it they'll keep doing it. I honestly put it at 50/50 that they'll get away with it.

I'm not generally conspiracy minded and I know It sounds paranoid, but I can't shake my concern about the idea of this administration launching a staged major terrorist attack, a pre-emptive war on NK, or even a phony "assassination" attempt on Trump to drastically change the narrative and alter the news cycle. I honestly wouldn't put it past them and obviously they have the means. Our President was a "reality" TV show star who obviously has no interest in governing and only wants attention and praise. If the heat gets turned up too high I could easily see this happening (and right now it seems pretty hot). Of the 3 possibilities I mentioned, I'd put my money and the last one.

I know it's nuts, but it's been in the back of my mind as a genuine possibility. Not sure if that says more about me or the state of our current government though but the idea that I can't entirely rule it out as absurd bothers me a great deal.

I don't think that they can pull off a false flag without loving it up but attacking North Korea is definitely in the cards.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Lol HSA

I'm sure the 300 bucks I was able to put into it will cover the cost of my $30,000 dollar surgery and my $400 a month medication

At least its tax free right

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Backdoor muslim ban? Of course possibly a hell of a lot more nations and people could get hit by this.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

From my point of view its inevitable that the bill goes through and Trump signs it, and the democrats need to be prepared to nail them to the wall on it in 2018.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I hate this Trump bot, he shows up in every hashtag.

Also, it is extremely presumptuous to think that the US killed the Soviet Union. This dude seriously needs a reality check.

Its taken as a basic fact in the states (even by democrats / centrists) that the Soviet Union was brought down by eternal God Emperor Reagan. That's going to be hard to change.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Nah.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Drone posted:

Trump is a minor Chaos god who was born of everything negative and wrong with the United States. He's all of America's insecurity, racism, sexism, and ignorance embodied in a single person.

Basically he's Armus from TNG. The best thing we could all do is ship him off to some uncharted planet island and let him wallow in his own goo for all eternity.

This, basically. Trump is the sum of all of our sins, not the cause of them.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

Trump Admin: "Okay, we need to get all 50 remaining R Senators on board to pass this health care bill. We can't afford to alienate a single one of them. What should we do? I know!"

https://twitter.com/politico/status/886964971359412226

This is good for us since if Trump keeps trying to primary establishment GOP critters suddenly this Russia thing will be seen as a Grave Threat That We Need To Take Care Of

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Rigel posted:

Mostly because their competition is so very awful.

I'm sure their reputation was earned to some extent, but its gotten out of control now. Chik-Fil-A is now culturally considered to be the God-King of chicken fast food restaurants to the point where people feel compelled to agree when they otherwise may have shrugged and said "eh, its fine, I like it, whatever"

Popeyes begs to differ

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

When i was a kid, my mom wouldn't buy nestle products, including nesquik because of some lovely food activism reason.

Seems like Nestle is still doing okay despite that.

The CEO of Nestle doesn't think access to clean water is a human right.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Bobulus posted:

Isn't the Daily Mail the one that's on the level of the Weekly World News? I always forget.

The Daily Mail is the Fox News of British newspapers and is far right (and widely read). So far right that it used to be called the Daily Heil back in the day since they were on the side of Britain allying with Hitler.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I will never understand the logic behind preppers insisting that they need 50 rifles in their house at all times.

Assuming they aren't making pretend, as most are, their logic is almost sound. World is dangerous, want to protect your family, get food and shelter together in case it all goes to poo poo. I'll even allow having a billion rounds of ammo because what the hell? It's all paranoia but it's at least understandable.

But you have TWO HANDS. What the hell are you going to do with fifty rifles? Do you have some sort of strong aversion to reloading?

Yeah in a serious situation where society collapses they would be the first ones pillaged and looted since taking out one guy / a family will get you an armory in return.

Either that or they hoard sawed offs because they like to cosplay as Reaper.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

Tucker Carlson begs the question, "When does a Nazi apologist become a Nazi?"

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/887115275249885184

Lol looking for the new minority to persecute, might as well bring up one of the classics

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

so if the government defaults how do you even prepare for that?

I think its somewhat overblown here but definitely not good times would be ahead of us and would definitely drive us into recession.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Not really. Even if Obama managed to get his guy on the court, Ginsburg and Kennedy are both probably gone before 2020 and both of those seats are turning hard right. Yeah we'd be better off, but instead of a never-ending sea of 5-4 right-wing victories, it'll be a never-ending sea of 6-3 right-wing victories.

Until we add two seats or remove two seats from SCOTUS at least.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

Democrats need a solution to this or else the entire Supreme Court will be extreme right, and slavery will be legal by 2030.

The solution is impeaching a justice or two and adding seats. Even if it doesn't go through we can convince the court to, I don't know, overturn voter suppression or stop them from repealing universal health care

Its dirty politics but look at our situation anyways.

Taking the Senate in 2018 (very slim but not zero) and praying nobody dies until then would work too.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Pack that motherfucker. Dead serious. A SCOTUS that is dominated by Republicans is not only an existential threat to American democracy (they'll enable every god-awful form of voter suppression imaginable), but to the planet itself (they'll veto ANY kind of radical carbon restrictions).

Yeah -- Citizens United and voter suppression should be the number one litmus tests going forward. You stand for them -- you don't get confirmed. You stand for them in a ruling and you should get impeached and removed. It is a legit power that the legislature has and its a check on judicial power from diluting American democracy.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

When did the NRA go completely loving insane?

They've always been evil, but I don't recall them every Being like, more insane than Alex Jones like they have the past month or so.

Gun sales are down because Obama is out of office so they are going full 1488 to get people buying guns again.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

mcmagic posted:

You guys know that the republican party's path toward becoming the party of white identity is something that is gonna go away when Trump does, right?

Trump is a symptom not a cause. The GOP base is and has always been behind this rhetoric, its just with Trump it came out in the open. Trump is the most honest politician in the country in a way because he says exactly what they were all thinking.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Red Baron posted:

What the poo poo. What possible defense or counter is there to people like this who will not accept anything except what they want to hear? If the truth doesn't matter, if we're post-fact, then how do we construct a damaging argument against these people?

I'm tempted to give the ol' internet relationship advice of "sever" but that's not exactly feasible, and yet I don't see a way to bring them around or at least shame them or shut them up hard enough to diminish their influence. There has to be something that can be done, though.

Build a base and a movement from the left and vote the fuckers out of office. Collect everyone that is alienated from that ideology, give them a purpose, pick off the Trump supporters that aren't as big into this rhetoric but wanted change and to tear down the establishment, and win elections so hard so that this rhetoric is marginalized.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

My family has about 10 - 12 guns (a couple revolvers, a couple shotties, a couple pistols, an M1 Garand and hunting rifle that Gramps gave my Dad a long birthday ago, some other stuff I can't remember) and they are all inherited from my grandparents, not one of them bought by us. We haven't been to the range in ages. There is no way they aren't going to end up flooding out the market someday.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

"Inheriting a big heap of crappy old guns" is going to be the curse of the millenial generation, comparable to the current issue of "inheriting a lot of ugly antique furniture and heirloom tea sets" for Generation X.

Try to encourage your paranoid elderly relatives to invest in gold bars, at least they are easier to unload when the time comes.

Nah my paranoid elderly relatives are ahead of the curve on that one, but its silver instead of gold. Silver!

We also have (a? the?) holy sword of the masonic order in my grandma's attic as well. I've been badgering my folks for ages to rummage through that attic whenever we go visit over Christmas because there must be a lot of cool / crazy poo poo up there.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

JailTrump posted:

I really dislike the "warification" of political language.

Politics is the continuation of warfare by other means

Especially if you are making decisions that could affect and kill millions of people.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

RZA Encryption posted:

gently caress this tweet. Moment of decency? "He's not an Arab, he's a good man." What the gently caress?

Time for an old classic.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

A group of wealthy people have hijacked the trolley you are on, and they are trying to load a bomb onto the front of the trolley and drive it into the center of the city, killing millions. They are having trouble with the bomb - some of them feel like it is too explosive, while one says it should have been a nuclear bomb. One of the hijackers continuously expresses concern while he helps to connect the bomb wires and strap it to train. "This is troubling," he says, maverically, while pouring explosive powder into it. After awhile, he shakes his head. "Stop the train for a sec," he says. "My doctor just called and I have brain cancer." Is it ethical to yell "Good riddance, you coward!" as he leaves the train?

I feel like in 10 / 20 years (or whenever the revolution comes, assuming we don't die in nuclear fire or something) this is going to be the new hot ethics question we teach kids with.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

Lets be honest, OJ Simpson doesn't even quality under US Pol.

His 30 for 30 is definitely US Pol related though.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Rigel posted:

In other news, the giant carnivorous murderpigs from Texas have reached Alabama

https://twitter.com/KCCINews/status/888135227645730816

Nah, I'm pretty sure they shot that road hog when they nerfed his damage a month or two back

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

McCain stumbles down the steps, protesters looking on confused as he clutches at his surgery wounds, points his finger toward Obamacare and says "Bang!" just as he collapses.

drat Bebop is my favorite cartoon don't you dare compare a principled man to McCain you dumb bastard

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

Perhaps we should call it an accidental pocket signing?

I still fully expect Trump to eventually challenge the law's validity in the courts, claiming he really did veto it and congress never overrode his veto.

I'm guessing that hes going to claim that he vetoed it and that the issue will go to the courts. He will eventually lose but it will delay the implementation by months at least (and even if he is forced to accept the law he will be sandbagging it the whole rest of the way)

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Kushner has cracked the Israel-Palestinian Crisis.

In conclusion, Palestine is a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Condiv posted:

So I'm guessing by how excited you all are, trump is getting impeached soon, and we're getting the homophobic shock as president?

Its going to change everything man

E V E R Y T H I N G

• Locked thread