Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I genuinely thought we had just declared war on someone when I read that last post on the old thread :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What does "clash of culture" mean? Either the definition the shitheads advance or the non-dogwhistle version. I thought they were more afraid of Sharia Law's forceful imposition or whatever?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Nah, I think we'll all just chill out with a nice drink.

Hey. As someone who has previously posted about how it was not, likely at least, Kool-Aid that was used at Jonestown, I appreciated this. Well done.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Wildeyes posted:

If it wasn't made clear enough in its cover a couple weeks back, "WORLD WAR III COMING! HOW TRUMP WILL CRUSH OUR 8 ENEMIES!"
Oh, I saw that one while waiting in the checkout line at Target. I couldn't come up with eight enemies even by tabloid standards :shobon:

(Seriously, I couldn't. Russia, China, ISIS, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, and North Korea only got me to seven. Al Qaeda? Did they count "Syria" as an enemy? Am I missing Mexico? Venezuela? What the hell does the average tabloid reader think about?)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This is the "Memes for Horny Bourgeois Teens" guys, right? pro click if so

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hollismason posted:

Yes.

A War would hurt profits.
Actually, I learned from a respected documentary that war strengthens the economy, and it shows the world that we've got stones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_cjaVFIiI&t=126s

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Looking good for my new band, Rosneft Nineteen and the Piss Tapes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

skylined! posted:

i suspect this is how things will begin to matter in the era of trump

https://twitter.com/jxnfreepress/status/872539262205538309
Dude got ninety-three percent of the vote. And his opponent wants a recount. His opponent who got nine hundred total votes. This is great.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I don't like to vote for people who don't actually represent me just because they're not as bad as the other guy and might eventually do something good
Take this poo poo to the primary relitigation thread or whatever the gently caress thread still exists for this garbage, we're waiting on :siren: piss tape :siren: here :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
This lady looks like she's not as excited for the piss tape as I am.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

hanales posted:

What color is his suit. I'm betting something showboaty like lime or chartreuse.
Looks black to me, but I'm a little colorblind so it could be dark navy.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh poo poo, Russian spies engaged in a series of online cyber raids? I shoulda gone with, I needed the clears.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vegetable posted:

come on warner get done already
Yeah, it's bloviating, but he's gotta set it up for the random viewers who don't follow all this stuff.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

crime fighting hog posted:

Can't watch. Is comey swinging for the fences?
So far he's said bluntly that he has no doubt whatsoever that the Russians were behind the hacking and leaks of the DNC and DCCC (but did not alter votes) and that the President did not formally ask him to stop the Russian investigation.

edit: "General Flynn at that time was in legal jeopardy. ... I don't think it's for me to say whether the conversation I had with the President was an attempt to obstruct. I took it as a very disturbing thing..."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
:siren: EMAIL INVESTIGATION :siren:

Hmm. Comey stands by informing the American people "given what I knew at the time, and even what I've learned since". There's the money shot for R-news tomorrow.

oh my god STEELE DOSSIER

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Did he almost just say "blackmail" after "coercion"? And holy poo poo now the Steele Dossier is being implied again.

BURR SAID BLACKMAIL

HERE WE GO

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Shut up about Loretta Lynch, we know you're a partisan hack when Clintons are involved.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Again, those words are not an order."

Comey not happy about this dumb semantics line of questioning.

edit: poo poo now he's just outright saying it

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh lord Feinstein those stripes are hideous why would you do this to the poor viewing audience

...is it sexist of me to say that? I would have been just as mad if Burr had a striped suit on.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Lordy, I hope there are tapes" - James Comey 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"I said that as... a way of getting him off the phone."

My god the man is throwing so much shade.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"We keep talking about this cloud"

:nsacloud:

it's like I'm walking through an airport full of Microsoft ads :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Aurubin posted:

This was what the Saturday Night Massacre was I think. Nixon fired enough people in the chain of command at DoJ till he found a guy that would quash the Watergate case.
Hey, hey. That was "a guy" named Robert Bork.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Warner throwing some shade at Sessions for not talking in front of literally every possible committee that could dig up dirt. I appreciate you, Warner, even though I don't actively like you any more than any other generic D.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Space Gopher posted:

Why do pro wrestlers cut promos about the Showdown in the Ring this Sunday! Sunday! Sunday! instead of just fighting their opponent?

He is a professional troll, his business is eyes and ears, and he sees a fantastic opportunity to promote himself.

(and yes, he's batshit - but he's self-aware enough to know how to sell it)
At InfoWars Dot Com you pay for the whole seat

but you'll only need the edge :black101:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kal-L posted:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/security-lapse-exposes-198-million-united-states-voter-records/

So it seems Republicans were even better at Big Data than Hillary. Tood bad they're even worse at securing that info.
Slim upside: Uh, now the Ds have it too? :shrug:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Boon posted:

Oh oh, that guy may or may not be attempting to improve his station in life and actually succeeding.

Guillotine.
No, he was going for "the only place more depressing than this thread is grad school".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Not a Children posted:

lmao how in the blue gently caress did they convince young people to line up to catch a bullet after growing up in crippling poverty

Promising 3 squares a day must go a hell of a way
A better class of enemy, a population that was more trusting of government and less suspicious of the media, you can pick your reason.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HappyHippo posted:

Haha no. "Critical thinking" to them infringes on their "right" to indoctrinate their children with their religious beliefs. It's a facet of their whole problem with secular education corrupting their innocent children with the devil's lies about sex and evolution and other religions and the round earth. These people are obsessed with homeschooling for similar reasons.
I was thinking about this the other day - why is homeschooling legal? I assume it's because it always has been (and one party supports it wholeheartedly), but like, why was it ever? Just outgrowth from when everyone was a farmer?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Robot Hobo posted:

This is a fuckin' weird Tomb Raider reboot.
No, it's literally the plot of Snow Crash.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
100% of living presidents who lost the Electoral College remembered Poland :colbert:

alternatively gently caress it someone already posted "arbeit macht frei" but "jedem das seine" hadn't been yet

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Loucks posted:

Other than Cannibal! The Musical everything these guys have ever touched has been poo poo, so this is hardly surprising.
Book of Mormon is great. But beyond that you're not wrong.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
As a white dude, what the gently caress? Maybe I just don't know how bad it is up North or how good it is down South? Goddammit, I probably have to click this one.

e: a barista was racist, but when she went back South she learned about a KKK church burning in 1995 and saw literally no sense of anything livable

quote:

his South where history looms large, filled with Confederate flags and songs of Dixie, isn’t the South black millennials are flocking to. Perhaps that, too, is part of my Northern elite imagination, or just a tired stereotype. Instead, they are headed to a modern, progressive South brimming with black politicians and business executives, a formidable black activism scene and black middle-class suburbs.
"cities are better everywhere", saving everyone else the click

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 9, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sinteres posted:

Where the gently caress do they find these people?
They can only pick from everyone that is willing to work with them.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
To those who, like me, didn't know who this guy was: former Republican representative who resigned after he got caught trying to buy cocaine from an undercover cop. He's got another tweet panning DARE saying something along the lines of "if you are a fiscal or social conservative, it doesn't make sense"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Justice Gorelick dropping out? huge if true

yes I know :ssh:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BiggerBoat posted:

Did she vote for McCain and Romney? My grandmother, who died 5 years ago, never got beyond seeing things in terms of race, like EVER, and made a "joke" to me once about being a "President Lover". Haha, get it?
Stuff like this always makes me think of that story - which I read here, but may have been quoted from elsewhere - where a pollster called a woman and asked who she voted for and her husband in the background shouted "TELL HIM WE VOTED FOR THE N*****!"

And then I wonder how that couple is doing now.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

PneumonicBook posted:

To affect change you need to work within the accepted framework. The far lefts 'ban them all forever' is a non starter. There are legitimate effective ways the country could start handling it's gun problem but when both sides are too busy screaming at each other like it's Facebook it will never happen.

I suppose now with how partisan all politics are we've probably lost that chance, nationally at least. Local laws can only do so much when you've got red states sitting next to blue states.
Yeah, when there's 90% approval (I might be exaggerating but only by about five percent) among all gun owners for background checks there sure is nothing we can do, yep, nothing at all.

The "accepted framework" is one side has NRA lobbying money and the other side doesn't have jack and poo poo. Who cares what the NRA considers "acceptable"?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/888535152330190849

100 accidentally omitted meetings on the clearance form, 77 accidentally omitted transactions... Man JKush is pretty forgetful
Man, I bet the WSJ is pissed that WaPo just dropped "Sessions colluding with Russians" to one-up their Friday afternoon news drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I think he means "in the spirit of full transparency I am telling you that I am deleting the tweets", not "I am deleting the tweets for full transparency".

• Locked thread