Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

theflyingorc posted:

He also uses lowercase and uppercase more or less randomly - look at "HeRe" and "FRieNDS"

All of his Rs and Ns are uppercase. That's unusual but at least consistent.
His Os are all over the place, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

I mean, aren't -all- of our submarines nuclear-powered?

I'm aware that this doesn't mean they carry nuclear tridents missiles, but does Trump know that? Even if he was told the difference in a briefing, would he know?

I think we still have a handful of diesel attack subs but I'd have to double check. Not like we're getting into conflicts where attack subs are of much use but still.
e: nope, wikipedia says they're all nuke powered

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

I mean, the concept of chili on pasta is fine, it's just the execution that fails.

I'm pretty anxious about the Montana special election.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

empty whippet box posted:

Is this as bad as it looks to me? Like this looks even worse to me than the Israel Intel thing. He basically just also told North Korea that we just parked nuclear weapons close by them. I don't know how much of a secret it was though. In any case he was clearly bragging to duterte to impress him exactly like he did with the Russians and for the same reason.

We talked about it earlier and if they're SSBNs then it's very, very bad but all our subs are technically "nuclear subs" because of their powerplants so it could just be a couple of random subs with a carrier group. So it's either "holy poo poo gently caress" bad or just regular "Trump is dumb" bad.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Apoplexy posted:

Don't you rag on 4. 3 was pretty awful, but 4 had some great characters and moral bleakness that should permeate any civil war setting. Game spoilers: The Bad Guy had a totally good reason for starting being bad. The Good Guys are following the footsteps of a baby-murdering rear end in a top hat. The 'Good' Good Guy is a religious nutcase who consigns his neice (I forget if Sabal and the girl whose name I can't remember are related) to religious forced child marriage if he wins. The 'Grey' Good Guy Who's A Gal is a loving psycho who literally conscripts children to continue fighting their civil war while turning Kyrat into a narco-state.

Don't get me wrong, I like 4, but the plot was pretty heavy handed.
Pagan was a Good Villain though

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

1 minute

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Rigel posted:

This is an outrage, they are one minute late and counting. I need my score!

Gotta have my fix

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52752

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

RZA Encryption posted:

No, quist auto-wins, trump has to resign, and hillary gets arrested.

Weird rules, but that's how it works.

I was surprised too but that's exactly what it says in the bottom left corner of the Constitution

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

CodeJanitor posted:

I hope Ubisoft is adding DLC content to allow players to body slam and then gut and skin Greg Gianforte while running around murdering other nutcase conservatives.

They're hastily rewriting the villain to be named Glen Gianforto

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

BBQ in montana is probably poo poo anyway

I could understand if this was North Carolina....

I bet they boil their ribs, too

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

The truth is revealed!
https://twitter.com/dannychun/status/867544561307926528

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Ben is at station according to press conference, seems like he is going to press charges

You know when I said that reporters should have better pay this wasn't really what I had in mind

FBS posted:

I can't remember the last time I watched a press conference that ended because the media was out of questions.

Sean! Sean! Sean!

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

RZApublican posted:

Why do they put "-pede" at the end of the names of people they like?

I didn't know the reason until right now and still don't really understand why but I guess it's short for centipede. They call themselves that for some reason or another.
e: but the real reason is they're :reddit: and are probably like a good 60+% pedophiles

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

cult member at airport posted:

So under the top story is one about Trump's approval ratings dropping and increasing public support for a special counsel to investigate the Russia connections. Next to that is an article that discusses how a bogus document leaked by the Russians affected the Clinton email investigation, and that article also brings up the Russian spies discussing how they could use Manafort and Flynn to influence Trump.

Is...Is Fox News becoming 'fake news'?

Every so often the reporters break into the computer that controls what gets on the front page and put actual news up

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

empty whippet box posted:

Only the dumbest of idiots are going to look at this race, which was down to a razor thin margin BEFORE this incident, and think 'this was totally, 100% decided by him assaulting a reporter the day before." Quist was running on healthcare issues the whole time, and the assault was because he asked about the CBO score, for fucks sake

Counterpoint: these are people who were considering voting for a Republican in YOOl 2017

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Lightning Lord posted:

Is there any truth to the idea that Murdoch's kids are way more centrist than he is?

They definitely are but it's hard to tell how much less conservative they are because there's no way in hell they'll publicly admit it until their dad dies.
I mean it's hard to be *less centrist* than Rupert loving Murdoch anyway.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Mister Adequate posted:

Anecdotally, but Montana fiancee reports that she heard from a fair few people at work today that they hadn't intended to vote, but were now going to do so in order to try and ensure Greg doesn't win. She's in Bozeman so it's a liberal stronghold anyway, but given that Dems usually use because of GOTV failures, could be something? Depends on how the early voting has gone though.

Did they chime in on whether Ohio is on the east coast? :haw:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

They're more aggressive than bears, weigh up to 200 lbs, like to live near farms, and kill 4-5 people a year. They have no natural predators and can shrug off even large caliber handgun rounds to the skull. Not the world's greatest menace, but pretty bad.

Bears, except polar bears, are generally pretty chill as long as they aren't hungry/have cubs nearby/are injured. The big threat from them is that they're big and an animal the size of a microbus can gently caress you up without realizing it.
Boars are just monsters.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Starmaker posted:

I know this is a derail (but, to be fair, one of our more fascinating ones)

But

Why, long ago, did we look at these creatures and think "those, those are the animals I will herd in large numbers and keep near my house to eat."

Edit: I'm sorry. I've always really liked pigs but I think this is the first time I've really taken to heart that they're more dangerous than bears. Maybe over a year of Trump has made me soft in the head but this is really messing me up tbh

They're hardy, eat anything, and they have a lot of meat. It's the perfect mix of characteristics for domesticating livestock to slaughter.
Also they were apparently domesticated like 10,000 years ago so they probably cared more about having something that could take the stress of living alongside hunter gatherers in the process of converting to agriculture

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Bhaal posted:

I love this part. You're gonna love it too.

Are you ready?

https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752

gently caress, this video is hilarious every time I see it.
I want to die.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Holy gently caress http://www.wweek.com/uncategorized/...men-passengers/

quote:

A man riding the MAX in Northeast Portland fatally stabbed two passengers who tried to stop him from hurling racial and anti-Muslim insults at women on the train, witnesses tell WW's news partner KATU-TV.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Please someone drive out there and start blasting "Jump" from your boomboxes. Kris's Kross or Van Halen

Be careful or it could end up like this
https://twitter.com/bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752?lang=en

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Party Plane Jones posted:

Arby's has some good rear end fries though.

You're right their fries are rear end :v:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Zil posted:

The mental gymnastics would be pretty amazing to see though. I want to see McConnal or Ryan have to defend it on live tv. Maybe even McCain would find some other word than disturbing to describe it.

"Shocking"

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

ACT for America is organizing a national day of protest against Muslims this Saturday, everyone should see if there's one near them that they can counter protest

Also here's a bunch of local leftists saying nah we're gonna shut this down https://itsgoingdown.org/syracuse-ny-statement-ny-antifa-alliance-response-march-sharia/

Surprisingly there aren't any in/around DC. Weird.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

"What Comey described wasn’t obstruction of justice. Here’s why."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.3f5752de8063

:lol:

Dang, I was really expecting that to be a Alexandra Petri satire story.
... satire is dead

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

EwokEntourage posted:

so 20mil anonymous from the Koch Bros and 10mil publically from Kock Bros prolly

Hell, I'd change my first name to "Antonin Scalia" for 30 mil

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

boner confessor posted:

also please do not post while driving thanks

I'd hardly consider being in Atlanta traffic "driving"

e: beaten like people who post while driving should be

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

pumpinglemma posted:

Why has this thread already descended into eating itself over Ossoff's inevitable and predictable loss when as of a few minutes ago Nate Silver is saying "I’m totally up in the air on this one right now and have no idea who will win"?

Because 90% of the thread was dropped on their heads as children

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

skylined! posted:

karen handel is a piece of poo poo

:yeah:

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Don't let the anger and disappointment get to you; use it to hold these people's feet to the fire! They want you to give up and assume nothing matters, because cynicism and apathy is exactly what helps them win.

But Trump's numbers are in the mid to high 30 and don't show any evidence of rising (even something like the baseball shooting didn't help him); Mueller's investigation is happening apace; the American people loathe the AHCA and, if reports can be believed, the coalition to vote for that piece of poo poo bill is fractious.

Stop giving up so easily. We're still more that a year out from the midterms. That's plenty of time for more of Trump's incriminating tweets evidence of collusion to come out, and for his incompetence to bite him in the rear end. We're rapidly approaching a debt ceiling crisis that there's no evidence that the congress will even be able to address meaningfully. This is far from over, and I'm just saving up that anger so that I can express myself by my ballot in November of 2018.

Nah, gently caress them. The only thing that will give me comfort when I'm in the camps is that people like mcmagic and covok were miserable for longer than I was.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Quorum posted:

I'm an archaeologist, I work at a site where we have hard documentation of people eating fourteen year old servant girls to stay alive. It can ALWAYS be worse.

Yeah, but sometimes it feels good to just give into despair for a while. As long as you don't do that when you need to be fixing things (e.g. in the immediate leadup to 2018 and 2020)

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Also they bus them to the polls.

Nah.
Don't need to bus them to the polls when the nursing home's the local polling place

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Ben Sasse apparently opened his big dumb mouth again about that woman who wrote the tirade to Yelp's CEO a year or two back and she's pushing back.
https://medium.com/@taliajane/ben-sasse-is-right-the-founders-would-panic-if-we-have-more-mes-in-the-world-b4dfeab08e14

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He gained 1k followers since you posted. Dude's gonna be a rockstar if he plays this right.

12.814 thousand followers now. What the hell happened while I wasn't watching?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

mdemone posted:

Woke twitter adopted him. He'll have a week to play an encore if he wants to make a bit of a splash. Sounded like he was frustrated enough to make some waves from here.

No I mean what did he say? I stopped watching the briefings after they got too depressing

La Brea Carpet posted:

My ex-wife had a lazy eye. I had to divorce because we never saw eye to eye.

She was also seeing someone on the side.

Out. Now.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Arrgytehpirate posted:

America First is taken, Americans First isn't! gently caress yes. I'm gonna be rich ya'll.

Wait no put me down as a board member

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

hanales posted:

I can't believe I'm asking this but is there a stream of morning Joe? I don't have cable.

Wasn't all that much, was basically

Mummy Xzibit posted:

This opinion piece they wrote probably sums up what they're going to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

You can tell this was probably Holder actually tweeting because of the timestamp

• Locked thread