Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerox
May 20, 2001

metasynthetic posted:

Reposting for new thread:

Didn't see this commented on in the last one - notice how his writing is centered pretty well, including an indent on the last line and his signature?

Except for the "& will never forget!" He forgot where he was and added it afterwards.

I am really disappointed Trump didn't do the "I was the first one to sign your crack" gag on the spine of the yearbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Shhh if you keep mentioning his name he'll find his way to this thread, all he does is Google himself all day long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKEw7JNVcnw

nerox
May 20, 2001

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Which we should note are currently in decline, now that the Republicans are in charge. :laugh:

I met an attorney that did nothing but gun trusts a few years ago. He said "I wish Obama could stay president forever because of all the business I am getting."

nerox
May 20, 2001

Did they just end it there or did they hold his feet to the fire and make him define when a reporter "deserves it".

nerox
May 20, 2001
"Covfefe" needs to be the name of Trump's "Deep Throat"

nerox
May 20, 2001

Spaced God posted:

I hate that it's TYOOL 2017 and we are still trying to learn lessons motherfucking Captain Planet taught us in the 90's.

Donald J. Trump is listed as an eco-villan on the Captain Planet wiki page now apparently:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Planet_and_the_Planeteers

quote:

The Eco-Villains are a small group of antagonists who cause danger to the planet by committing pollution, deforestation, and poaching. They enjoy the destruction they cause to the planet and the harm they bring upon anyone by any means to obtain wealth, land, or power. Due to conflict among them from their varying self-serving interests and backgrounds, they tend to work alone most of the time, although episodes do show the villains enter into temporary alliances when it suits their plans. Only in one two-part episode did the entire ensemble of Eco-Villains work as a team, with Zarm as the leader. Each of these villains represents a specific ecological disaster. These include:

Donald J. Trump Also a pig-like human. Trump insisted on removing the US from the Paris Climate Agreement.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I could almost swear the risk board I had growing up said "The Ukraine" on it, but I can't find a picture online of it.

nerox
May 20, 2001

MickeyFinn posted:

I have a board from the 80s. It says "Ukraine."

That would be the one I have, so I am just misremembering. :ms:

nerox
May 20, 2001

"But...but....but... first amendment!" Cries out from all the terrible people of the US who believe they should be able to say all this poo poo with no repercussions.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Willo567 posted:

Seriously, why is Spicer still on this sinking ship?

Maybe this administration works on Genie rules and you have to trick someone into taking your position to leave.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Can someone tell McCain to get a good night's sleep before this one.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Right off the bat you guys are making a slot of speculation. This shooter came out of left field and really threw a curve ball into the national discussion on what is actually important. I am going to ball park it that in a few hours someone is going to step up to the plate on this and then we will learn what really happened. Until then, can we stop the baseball references? We have had a few home runs, but most of the comments have been strike outs.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Reik posted:

Couldn't we just have everyone leave the UN and reform it without Russia?

I could only see that ending up with the US out of the UN as well because Trump would "art of the deal" the signing of the "new" UN.

Chard posted:

The sooner we just declare AZ as The Forbidden Zone, the better.

When asked for comment, McCain responded "Very troubling, if true."

nerox
May 20, 2001
Georgia as a whole is in the top ten for state populations as well.

nerox
May 20, 2001

... have to remove the symbols of these black marks on history in order to move forward though, VERY GOOD!.

Here comes the pivot guys!

nerox
May 20, 2001

You can tell you can put up with getting interviewed because she wanted the public to know that people are doing what they are supposed to do and not getting help, but then lost it when the reporter was just going for sound bytes and not responding to what she actually said. :smith:

edit: dog tax

nerox
May 20, 2001

There is rich, there is "gently caress you" rich, and then there's "Here's a video of me blowing up more money than you will ever hope to see in your life and laughing about it" rich.

nerox
May 20, 2001

pokie posted:

I don't like Musk all that much either, but making fun of his advancing of space exploration is a bit Luddite, don't you think?

Where on Earth did you get that I was making fun of him, I commented that the dude has a metric fuckton of money.

nerox
May 20, 2001

evilweasel posted:

we have allowed the ladies to say they hosed a man for several years now without requiring that pegging was involved so the phrase "x hosed y" no longer implies that x was the penetrator

See also: Power Bottoms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc9_mxvP1K0

nerox
May 20, 2001

Mario made a lot of gold coins in 1985 and used that to finance med school and became a doctor in 1990. If anything, Mario should be a hero of the right for pulling up his bootstraps.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Looking at Google Maps, I-95 to I-75 traffic from Miami to Atlanta is a solid orange and red line the whole way. I don't remember ever having this much hurricane traffic before around me.

nerox
May 20, 2001
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eaking-news-bar

Will they chant "lock him up"?

nerox
May 20, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

no more entertainers please. i just want my president to be a boring politics person again.

But Oprah's Favorite Things Act of 2021 would be giving everyone a new fridge, a new car, and universal healthcare.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Grapplejack posted:

Also hunting is a great way for extremely poor households to feed themselves.

I'll preface this that I am a hunter and fisherman and this argument doesn't make sense to me.

If these extremely poor households have 1) access to a rifle or shotgun, 2) the game they are hunting is in season, 3) can get access to hunting land, 4) can pay for the hunting license.

1) A few hundred dollars up front costs
2) free, but time constrained.
3) This is the big one, in Georgia at least, the WMAs are pretty scattered. https://www.georgiaoutdoormap.com/ shows a map, now you are adding access to transportation costs to the hunting. Poor people don't have access to private land generally. The quality of hunting you get on a WMA is pretty bad sometimes depending on how many other people are hunting.
4) This is going to costs about $52.00 to be able to hunt deer on a WMA at a minimum, if you are shooting ducks add another $25.00 for a federal duck stamp. $5 for other migratory birds.

So the upfront costs for hunting are pretty expensive when you start talking about extreme poverty.

Fishing is much better, you can go fishing for about $20. $15.00 for a year of fishing, a cheap rod and reel can be had for $10.00, then you buy some crickets and some hooks for a few bucks.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Don't forget butchery costs unless you know how to handle that fun task for yourself.

If you know how to butcher a deer yourself and you live in an area with a lot of hunters, you could fill your freezer just telling them to bring you their unwanted deer.

Unfortunately, there are tons of people that just like to shoot animals and don't even eat the meat. :sigh:

nerox
May 20, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm debating asking my good buddy to teach me to hunt. I want to learn.

Learn to hunt then learn to make tasty, tasty deer jerky.

nerox
May 20, 2001

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Holy poo poo. What do you do with 140 guns? Or even 17?

Not that you need all that, but once you get locked into a serious gun collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

nerox
May 20, 2001

blunt for century posted:

Eh, not really. You need the full auto trigger group as well as a full auto bolt carrier for the DIAS to actually do the full auto thing, IIRC

My understanding is that a semi-automatic bolt carrier can't be easily modified to be a full auto bolt carrier and manufacturing your own bolt carrier would be much harder than any other part of the triggering mechanism. The bolt carrier is completely unregulated. :downs:

While 3d printed guns tend to break, I am pretty sure you could 3d print every other part of a full auto mechanism. You could then use that to cast it all in aluminum or another metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Ague Proof posted:

3 minutes to midnight.

That's an average of 7.75 hours of Dota 2 per day since the game launched.

• Locked thread