Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

I mean this is probably true, just not in the way he thinks it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

botany posted:

the what now

Prison labor at the Arkansas governor's mansion, I assume, there's a pretty ham-fisted bit about it in her book.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
I'm the misspelled "reconciliation" in the filename.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

OctaMurk posted:

Turns out some Republicans have souls poor constituents that vote for them

Fixed that for you.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Rigel posted:

I looked it up and I don't get it. This appears to remove the penalty for not having insurance. Isn't that going to be in skinny repeal anyway?

I think the joke is that 2021 is after a lot of Senators are up for re-election, but before Congresspeople are up, so the House would get blamed for the insurance death spiral, and they'd never pass it for that reason.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Spaced God posted:

I'm excited for our replacement head of DHS, Joe Arpaio Sheriff David Clarke

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Hellblazer187 posted:

Who do Trumpists looking at this pick? My obvious picks are 2 and 4. But, assuming you like Trump, who's the other pick?

I'm guessing #5 and #7? Everyone else seems like a pretty common "liberals/celebrities destroying America" name.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Fitzy Fitz posted:

About that...

That would be a normal hipster-y look if he didn't look like a Tim Burton villain.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Maria will be Trump's Katrina

I am convinced

Serious question, I've seen that term ("Trump's Katrina") get thrown around a lot; what does it even mean? I know the Bush administration handled Katrina terribly, but did anything happen afterwards? Was there actual meaningful pushback against them? Did it affect elections in 2006? Why is this instance of the Trump admin loving something up any different from the rest?

(Non-American so all I got was foreign news about it at the time)

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

This is some viral poo poo right here.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
OK, so I love that this is happening, but won't Trump just pardon Manafort anyways? Like, what's to stop him from just blanket pardoning everyone who gets charges levied against them?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Paracaidas posted:

https://twitter.com/VaughnHillyard/status/929124238912638982

Mason Dixon line? Atlanta?

I'm at a loss for what he could be suggesting here.

OK just to clarify, he's suggesting that if people write in Strange, and Jones wins, Strange should literally flee the state?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

UmOk posted:

When the gently caress is the Fat Man going to weigh in on this Moore poo poo?!

"Moore is a great friend and ally, and the women accusing him are just seeking attention! Who can blame a red-blooded male for liking young women? I remember when Ivanka was 14..." - The President, probably.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

The most 2017 thing would be for an ISIS plot to succeed in killing Trump, forcing me into the position of wondering if I love ISIS now

Seems like ISIS's new strategy (sit around and watch TV and take credit for terrorist acts and let America tear itself apart) has been working pretty well so far.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

BrianBoitano posted:

Reminder: this is what this gif is referencing:

Holy poo poo they might pay up to 3% more of their income this is basically communist China I hope they survive :ohdear:

Also, someone run the math on how much you must have invested to get $180k in investment income alone. It's gotta be in the multi-millions, right?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

I never thought digital leopards would eat MY face!

Edit: One small upside to this if it isn't blocked; this will basically end Facebook and Twitter, right? How many end-users do you know who would pay anything above $0 for their social media accounts?

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 21, 2017

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Why wouldn't they just argue for the increase in 2021, right after the Dems get re-elected? People blamed Bush's recession on Obama, seems like this would work the exact same way.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Ahh, the old Hamilton defense.

"You asked your employee to carry your child!"
"Yup."
"And you offered to pay her for it!"
"Sure did."
"Was it taxpayer money?"
"WHAT?! Of course not, that would be a scandal!"

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
So this is going to be close enough that whoever loses appeals the results, right? What happens to Strange (and the tax bill) if this thing gets tangled up in courts?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
This feels like a long con but I can't quite figure out why:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-20/wells-fargo-fifth-third-unveil-minimum-wages-hike-bonus-payments-after-tax-reform-pa

Large companies giving out bonuses and raising wages in response to the tax bill? I know AT&Ts was going to happen anyways, but what about the rest of them? Are they just trying to convince people that this time trickle-down economics will actually work?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

It still stuns me that anyone stands by Trump when stories like this come out. I mean, they're evil but they aren't stupid, they must know that Trump will turn on them the instant he doesn't personally profit from their presence. So what's their end-game? Pre-emptively backstab the backstabber? Grab your slightly smaller piece of the pie and disappear? Why not both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

empty whippet box posted:

Really confused about where you get the idea that they're not stupid.

"I never thought leopards would eat my face!" - Other leopards, apparently

• Locked thread