Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Memnaelar posted:

WTF were they thinking dropping that statement with three eyewitnesses who they didn't have locked down?

"Thank god those weren't real reporters."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This loving guy.

https://twitter.com/calvinstowell/status/867758381884485633

Oops, just saw someone else posted it on the last page. My bad.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

One thing about Trump is that he doesn't give a poo poo how obvious his lies are, he's going to tell them anyway.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/867801970094034944

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

It's reddit so they do have gore and dogfucking. Part of the r/jailbait fiasco was finding out that the mod for that subreddit also modded for poo poo like r/sexyfemalecorpses.

Getting that guy fired and dragged through the mud for being an absolute creep is probably among the better things SA has done.

Let the forum with no sex criminal mods in its past cast the first stone.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Babylon Astronaut posted:

I don't know. I always thought the entire point of an anthem is that it is sang together. Isn't it a theme song otherwise?

It's a memorial service. You're supposed to act solemn, not somewhere between giddy and bored.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Boon posted:

The President was singing the National Anthem at a memorial service for fallen soldiers.

You guys need to chill the gently caress out, it's a slow news day but there's nothing wrong with it even if he did look like a child doing it.

So we're lowering the bar beneath the Earth now, I guess. You'd be horribly embarrassed if your child did that, let alone an adult man who's responsible for commanding the soldiers who are still alive.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The point isn't that Trump disrespected arr troops, it's that he's fundamentally incapable of recognizing what actions are appropriate or inappropriate. This instance doesn't particularly "matter," but it's indicative of a broader problem that is very serious for someone in his position to have.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

By my count, that's something like 110-120 white people.

Here's what that looks like in text:

White, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, white, white, white white, white white, white white, and white.

So do you think they should have sent a bus to round up people of color to drag them there or what? It's hard to see a point here. This isn't Trump's Cabinet or something where he personally selected them.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

androo posted:

I don't think that's how he means it.

He trips into defending Trump while vociferously denying that he's doing that all the time. I'm done giving him benefit of the doubt.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I hate to be the one to defend Greenwaldian equivocation, but he's pretty explicit that he thinks the leaks are themselves a good thing.

He's more explicit about liberal hypocrisy being the Real Problem with America.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Greenwald deleted at least one tweet, so I guess he realized his mask was slipping.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

BarbarianElephant posted:

Oh, but the Kurds are the good guys. (Fast forward 20 years to headlines "Kurdish state massacres x minority.")

Why'd you save that kid from being brutally murdered? He might grow up to be the Antichrist someday!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Night10194 posted:

Isn't he the one who argued only Clinton's scandals should be covered and hyped as much as possible, because she was so clearly going to be president and thus needed to be attacked more instead of wasting time with Trump?

That was pretty much the consensus viewpoint in the media, but he was more open than most about expressing it, yeah.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I've tended to assume Greenwald just has a massive blindspot when it comes to Russia being bad because he's the type of anti-imperialist who thinks it's more important to focus on our country being bad, even at the expense of ignoring worse behavior by other countries. I still think that's most likely the case, with some added cognitive dissonance based on defending his previous actions, but it's hard not to see him as, at least, a useful idiot who parrots the same kind of rhetoric as actual Russian puppets like Assange. I'm not quite at the Louise Mensch jumping at shadows and calling everyone an actual Russian puppet just for having bad opinions stage yet, but the way Greenwald and others continue to downplay the Russia story, even as details continue to leak out all the time, is pretty sketchy.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Huma's the dumbest person in the world if that story is true, but this guy might be a close second.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/869608909849464833

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

At least he's not using a private email server.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

What he means is

In 2018, you can't loving get a Democratic House. You likely can't even get a Democratic Senate. What then

By the time we get both of those things, Trump's going to be a decaying corpse. While we SHOULD put his future body up on charges and harangue him like Pope Formosus, I dunno if Democrats have it in them to do it.

Why bother following politics if you're that fatalistic about it?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

cargo cult posted:

lol it looks like the fate of humanity rests on dems not loving up a major election by putting up a bunch of careerist centrist pols totally devoid of charisma. i wonder how this will turn out :thunk:

It might have "worked" for them with Trump, but choosing extreme candidates in primaries cost Republicans a lot of winnable elections over the years. The idea that centrism is why Democrats lose is dumb.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

FourLeaf posted:

What "extreme" candidates have they chosen?

I get the feeling you considered 2008 Candidate Obama "extreme"

You should probably reread what I said.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

What is D&D's hivemind opinion on Tom Friedman? Is his book worth picking up? He throws a ton of shade on twitter and loves calling people stupid it seems.

As a cab driver in Cairo, I can tell you that he's the best sourced journalist in the world.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

TildeATH posted:

Isn't articulate what racists say about minorities when they're surprised that they're not animals?

I also think Joe Biden is a racist.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Covfefe is already as annoying as the Harambe meme got, despite being less than 24 hours old.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mide posted:

Out of all the bad/hilarious jokes made in this thread, how is a comparison with Game of Thrones the one thing that drives someone over the edge?

Liberals have been comparing politics to fantasy bullshit for years and it's infuriating. Consider yourself lucky if you missed the Dumbledore's army garbage after the election.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That's not the real RC Cola twitter.

Uh but it says it's official right in the name.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/869992546126241793

Spicer's lovely response to the double standard between Kathy Griffin and Ted Nugent is that he'd have to go back and "look at the reactions at the time".

What the gently caress?

The reaction at the time was Trump saying it reflected the anger of the country while allowing that it maybe wasn't the best choice of words.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That still isn't really RC Cola's twitter account.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Do you know what stopped Hitler and the Nazis?

Chaos in the streets is a big part of what convinced conservatives to hand them power in the first place. If Antifa were some kind of disciplined group with clear aims that only acted against clear threats, I think a lot of people would be more comfortable with them. In reality, they're mostly dumb kids who want to break poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stone cold posted:

so are you white or

like imagine thinking punching nazis is bad

yes truly the reason the nazis had power was because people dared stand up to them

you brilliant child

That's not what I actually said, but have fun jerking yourself off.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stone cold posted:

you clutched your pearls and blamed people who were not the nazis for the nazis, so

Explaining that societies have a tendency to lurch hard right when civil order breaks down and there's violence in the streets isn't Nazi apologism, and the way you want to portray people who aren't Nazis as Nazi sympathizers makes me think you don't really give a poo poo if Antifa restricts their violence to Nazis.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Brainiac Five posted:

I wouldn't shed any tears if Falangists, Arrow Cross sympathizers, Klansmen, Italian Fascists, etc. got their asses beat by Anne Tifa.

You've been routinely wishing death on posters of all stripes for years, so no poo poo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Brainiac Five posted:

Man, I'm curious about what would be so bad about a member of the KKK getting punched, to you.

I'm glad when they get punched, but it obviously doesn't and won't end there.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stone cold posted:

oh no, won't somebody please think of those poor klansmen

now let sinteres tell you about how emmett till had it coming

I don't know how you got the idea that I was defending the Klan from saying I'm glad when they get hurt. It's almost like you're predisposed to viewing anyone who doesn't 100% agree with you as an enemy. Can't imagine why anyone would be suspicious of your call to violence.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stone cold posted:

silencing tactics used by white supremacists to shut down minority opinions: a ok by sinteres

what how dare you punch that nazi, you should debate them and validate their opinions

Yeah you can gently caress yourself. That's not what I said.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I mean, you can keep doubling down on this, for sure, but maybe, just maybe, you could consider that maybe your opinion is wrong and not based in reality? And that maybe you don't understand everything there is to understand with the way violence and political power interact, especially if you've just had the laughable education on the history of political change in the US that everyone who isn't a poli sci or history major in college gets?

I was a poli sci major and studied political violence you condescending dick.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stone cold posted:

did you know: punching a nazi is actually worse than if that nazi commits a hate crime, and said nazi can be convinced not to through the power of debate

this message brought to you by raylen and sinteres

It's super awesome that you continue to lie about what I said. Someone who utterly misrepresents other people's viewpoints is absolutely someone who should be trusted to point out the Nazis to be beaten in the streets.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

stone cold posted:

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

If you'd included your post, that would have shown you were lying, yes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

RandomBlue posted:

If you didn't look his children's ages and do that math the day after he won the election I don't even know what to say. Here's some bonus info, there are info of them and a long enough time frame they could keep that going indefinitely.

:tinfoil:

That guy's not thinking big enough. If we're in Trump Foreverland/Thousand Year Reich 2.0, why not just do away with term limits?

I guess even that guy knows Obama would win.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

can i just say, and someone let me know if this is inappropriate, but, and i'm sorry for the language, but gently caress jeff sessions

gently caress that guy and i hope he rots in jail

gently caress jeff sessions

It's appropriate.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There Bias Two posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/871722020278587393

What about all those positions you haven't even provided nominees for?

He doesn't even need Democrats to vote for his appointees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Retro42 posted:

I already know the answer but how could anyone on his staff let this happen? All it would take would be one semi-intelligent staffer to check his tweet before he posts it to see this was a BAD IDEA. Hell, if they can't keep the phone out of his hands at least have a staffer tasked with watching his feed and issuing a "What he meant to say was..." tweet within minutes.

He lies to his staff, as the article about him misleading his national security team about his NATO speech proved. He does what he wants, and acts out when people try to stop him.

• Locked thread