Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

lol is this new

The orb is eternal, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

Catholics aren't Christians.

The papists have voted majority Democrat for awhile. I don't think Trump's supporters would fall for it.

We're generally better educated and better off, and also confined to the cities.

Therefore we vote dem, bitch about taxes, and drink heavily.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The current Pope has said verbatim "god doesn't just wave a magic wand."

within our lifetime American catholicism will basically be what like Zoroastrianism is in India: a drinking club for WASPs.

Francis would probably come out in favor of abortion, gay marriage, and contraceptives if he thought he could get out of italy with his life.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So many of the rules in Catholicism and Islam are clearly a person going "yes fine who gives a poo poo whatever. It's friday and its like 5pm already"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

God, Hannity just rambles on and on. But I think he bitched out on the Seth Rich stuff.

During Lent as a Catholic I'm supposed to make sacrifices of things I enjoy and not eat meat on Friday, and maybe even fast.

But if St. Patricks' Day falls on a weekend then my bishop makes sure to issue an official dispensation that says "Yeah, get wasted and have some corned beef. Its St Patrick's Day. You can fast some other day."

That really speaks to what it is to be a Catholic, IMO.

When I was in Catholic school whenever the bishop came by he'd just give us a day off.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JBP posted:

What on loving earth?

It might just be a southern thing. It generally means you're gonna get paid under the table and you'll get money when they have it to give.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

evilweasel posted:

Religious businesses are scams far more often than non-religious ones.

now wait a minute ive got this copper bracelet here and let me tell you my fibromyalgia has calmed right down

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i had a religion class that was nothing but sister wendy videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2spi1ritYiY

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ice Phisherman posted:

2. Hillary Clinton is not running and there are few targets left like her to animate the base.

The GOP has been running in some form or fashion against Hillary Clinton for the past 25 years.

It's going to be pretty interesting watching them try to make up something to beat on as effective as her.

I said earlier that one of the things dragging Fox down now is they can't really bring her up anymore. I mean they're trying, god bless them.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Didn't the girl in this ad lose her subsidy because she lied about her family income?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Y'know, I was just thinking that it probably wouldn't be too long before someone revealed that the ads were a bunch of bullshit, I'm glad that everything is working as fast as the Trump Impeachment Train these days.

I work in healthcare and I might be making that up but every single complaint generally boils down to

1. someone not paying attention when picking their plan and picking a doctor out of network or
2. someone not updating their financial information and losing their subsidy in january (full disclosure i did this and it took 2 months to fix)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Why didn't Obama say "gently caress you McConnell you would claim that anyway, this is real"

A.) he couldn't release the evidence because it was classified. Obama could have declassified it, but that would have led to

B.) republicans screaming he was trying to influence the election.

Remember, every decision prior to Tuesday, November 7th 2016 was made based on the assumption that hillary was going to win.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ularg posted:

It would be a dream come true if this was the case and just what most politicians do to gently caress with him until he retires or dies.

How... how is this not decided yet?

Feds don't move until every single angle is covered and the person is dead to rights.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

mcmagic posted:

No. it's worse than that. The Public option was DOA. What he did was kill the Medicare buyin at age 55 which is basically the number 1 reason that the ACA insurance markets are having problems now. It had 60 votes of support and Leiberman CHANGED HIS MIND when he saw progressives supporting it. People died because of that vote and it was purely because of spite. Also, he was one of the main boosters of the Iraq war until pretty much the end of the Bush presidency at which he went to the Republican Convention and endorsed McCain and Sarah loving Palin over Obama. He's vile scum.

Also Israel really isn't an issue anymore since Obama did a very good job of extricating the US from the I/P conflict in a lot of ways, but back in the early 2000s israel/palestine was a MAJOR wedge issue and lieberman was always there handwaving atrocities committed against Palestinians.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

live feed of trump arriving in belgium

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I took a night shift just so I can post on the internet all night about the CBO score and get paid for it.

Chilichimp posted:

Eh, does anyone actually believe the poo poo in red-text? Getting some whiny piss-baby to custom-title you is a badge of honor in my book.

i mean your red text pretty much nailed it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Best part of these late afternoon releases is it forces all the ghouls at the whitehouse to work basically 12-18 hour days.

Rince wants them there at like 5 am to watch the morning shows and set the agenda for the day, and now they know they have to put out fires late at night.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dicks out

https://twitter.com/TheoTypes/status/867489697265836034

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What? Against who?

Is the US invading the Philippines?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In the southeast, we just have one large, sprawling city that starts in atlanta and ends in the research triangle.

there's lines on a map but it's mostly performative.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

uh, so from that still shot - do the people in charge of making Trump look "good" not do any work on the side of his head? the preview image he looks like a decade older

I doubt Air Force One has a portable standing spray tan machine, plus he's tired as poo poo, old, and very unhealthy.

I've said before that trump's whole image was meticulously designed to only be from one angle, and usually behind a podium or a desk.

You don't really get the full effect of how awful he looks until you get the side angle.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don't know what Montana is like but assaulting a liberal reporter would be a boon in some parts of georgia and north carolina.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Francis' obsession with Italian food is bizarre since:

a. argentina has some of the best cuisine in the world and
b. it has really really really good, passable italian already

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Francis is modern, properly educated guy with real life experiences in charge of a massive bureaucracy that sits atop 1.2 billion people, a large portion of which literally still believe in demonic possession and the power of sacred relics.

If he came out tomorrow and gave the opening speech from Young Pope there'd be a literal revolt in the vatican and some millennia old rule would be invoked that would leave him drawn and quartered in like antioch or something.

He's already basically come out in favor of the theory of evolution which even twenty years ago would have been unheard of.

hopefully he can get enough hutzpah to legalize contraceptives because using the catholic church to teach and disperse loving condoms would solve a whole slew of problems.

more than likely we'll get female members of the clergy and there's an outside shot of letting priests marry. I mean poo poo the lutherans let their priests marry and you can convert as a member of the clergy to catholicism and keep your wife like who cares at this point

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Uh...no. Catholics have been cool with evolution for a really long time.

Yeah I probably meant gay tolerance. I type faster than I think.

Also have any lapsed catholics gone back to mass recently? They've changed all the words around to make it more "accessible."

It's a 2000 year old roman death cult I want it to at least sound cool.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah guys i was wrong. my bad.

although i remember every evolution lesson had to be prefaced that it could have all been a part of god's plan.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

stone cold posted:

The new translation happened when ratzennazi was still pope I thought

I've been away for....a while.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

There Bias Two posted:

Jesus Christ, is there anyone in the GOP who doesn't have ties to Russia? Is this actually an honest-to-god gigantic conspiracy for once?

Gianforte is a tech dude who kept picking the right times to get out. All these right wing assholes are share investment advice, and if there is a deep russian conspiracy this is how they get them. First they get them financially tied in, then they start doing favors, etc.

I mean gently caress Sean Spicer of all people is invested in some russian wine company of all loving things and people.

Also Gianforte doesn't believe in retirement because uh

quote:

Gianforte has outlined his position on retirement by using the Biblical example of Noah. He said, "There's nothing in the Bible that talks about retirement. And yet it's been an accepted concept in our culture today. Nowhere does it say, 'Well, he was a good and faithful servant, so he went to the beach... The example I think of is Noah. How old was Noah when he built the ark? 600. He wasn't like, cashing Social Security checks, he wasn't hanging out, he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol did he throw him through a table?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:qq: the bbq :qq:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BBQ in montana is probably poo poo anyway

I could understand if this was North Carolina....

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lote posted:

There's a decent chance that TV camera was recording too. Hell of a scoop for whichever TV channel.

Cameramen and audio guys record everything.

Just on the off chance they can steal something and sell it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The President is in the WWE hall of fame.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I like that Hannity covering this horseshit story has become a story itself.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

More like Our Kansas.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

When Ryan Mallett worked out for the Cininnati Bengals, he said they had worse facilities than the Arkansas Razorbacks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Aliquid posted:

Believe me, I know bbq *names two soups*

sides are important when deciding the best bbq restaurant.

as long as he's in lexington, he's doing fine.

edit* oh gently caress that was ky, not NC, gently caress that heresy

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I'm currently watching live -- Obama and Merkel in Germany speaking together. At least once I've seen Germans refer to Obama as Mr President. Has anything like this happened before?

they get to be called that the rest of their lives.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/youngvulgarian/status/867716497489227776

Macron speaks better English than trump and that is not an exaggeration.

I hope he spoke French the whole meeting just to gently caress with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trumpnjust ordered DOJ to investigate the leaks of the London bomb investigation.

• Locked thread