Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Apoplexy posted:

He's literally the dumbest, most hateful person ever to live, isn't he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Groovelord Neato posted:

paul ryan is a guy whose privatization plan for social security would've ended up with the social security administration owning the entire stock market. he is not a bright individual.
A real policy genius!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/867176444123860993

I mean

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

metasynthetic posted:

Reposting for new thread:

... what friends?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Someone on twitter (a real person) said they Trump thought Comey was his friend at one point.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

STAC Goat posted:

There were a bunch of stories like that, that Trump tried to make Comey his buddy and pull him in and when Comey didn't want to he felt personally offended. Some friend of Comey's is going around telling stories about how Trump would try to hug him and invite him to dinner and Comey was put off by the whole thing because he felt he needed to be impartial (and apparently he turned down some invitation from Obama to play basketball for the same reason).
https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-james-comey-told-me-about-donald-trump

This is it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Chilichimp posted:

She probably was about to serve him divorce papers and signed a contract to stay on if he won the presidency and she figured that was easy money and signed immediately.

I can't wait for her loving book in 10 years.

She's keeping him at a distance and I don't believe she'll ever move to the white house.
She and Barron are moving in June, supposedly.

She's gotta otherwise be loving having their home to themselves.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

U-S-A

U-S-A

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Chilichimp posted:

To be fair, it was a confidential exchange between two world leaders that was leaked to the press. Duterte wasn't gonna tell anyone.
Maybe?

In any case, Trump probably didn't know what he was talking about. Nuclear powered subs? Well yeah, there's two for every carrier group, but they don't carry SLBMs. The guided missile subs visiting South Korea that have already been written about? No big deal.

It's pretty unlikely he would even know where the US's boomers are. I guess he could ask?

It's hard to say, primarily because he's so loving stupid.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Blitz7x posted:

Dress for the job you want, right Melania?
:frogc00l:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

evilweasel posted:

east coasters consider the parts of new york outside the new york city metro area just barely on this side of a max max hellscape, except the vacation spots, or (if from outside new york) have never really considered that there's a part of New York besides the city and sort of forget it's there
Nassau county is a loonie bin, you don't have to go far.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Buca di Bepis posted:

what on earth
Depends on your definition, but "wilderness" isn't really the word I'd use to describe anything in New York. There some large hills, I guess.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

glowing-fish posted:

I currently live in Santiago de Chile.

A few weeks ago there was a seismic event that was between 6.9 and 7.1 on the richter scale. Afterwards I would talk about "the earthquake" and the people would look at me confused because there wasn't an earthquake, only a "Temblor".

The world is bigger and more diverse and people have different interests and experiences. One of the worst things about Trump is that he has collapsed the United States dialog into the difference between New York City and Toledo. But the people in the East really have no idea that there is a larger world than the world between NYC and exurban Indiana. To them, it is a gigantic difference. To the rest of us, all those areas are basically the same: no good burritos, and cannabis is illegal.
Dude just gently caress right off, I can get a good burrito from three different places within five loving minutes of where I live

And no, it's not Chipotle or Dos Toros or whatever the gently caress

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

stone cold posted:

Ok since you're unclear on geography

Pacific Washington Idaho Montana

buddy what world do you live in where people are telling you montana is the west coast
It's KALIspell not CALIspell

Not even Montana wants to be west coast

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Not even Drudge is trying to spin the CBO score.

Yet, at least.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Gaunab posted:

Wow those are some beautiful skies.
West coast baby

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

So... how does one go about determining this exactly?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

evilweasel posted:

Up to the Senate parlimentarian.
Always wondered what all those people were. Never heard of this position.

Also learned that the VP can override them?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Someone got a location on Jim Ross?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

?

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/867577957124108289

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did Hannity have a stroke or something? Who writes like that?
Well, our president, but with few syllables per word.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Zil posted:

It is tribal/team mentality. If you are not on my side, you are not equal to me and are not deserving of any rights.
roll tide

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Incredible.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

haveblue posted:

Yeah, I'm still dreading the next major natural disaster or mass casualty crime that happens in America. It'll be worse than Katrina.
"Last week, North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper (D) heard back from President Trump on his request for $929 million in aid to help with unmet hurricane recovery costs. Cooper sought funding mainly through the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Community Development Block Grant program.

Cooper expressed “shock and disappointment’’ over the federal response.

The Trump administration had denied more than 99 percent of the aid Cooper sought, providing the state a mere $6.1 million. The governor, working with his state’s congressional delegation ― including Republican Sen. Thom Tillis ― had estimated nearly $700 million needed to meet housing needs, more than $170 million to assist farmers, repair public facilities and provide health services to storm survivors, and $39 million to help close to 700 small businesses. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-natural-disaster-budget_us_5919f2b9e4b0809be157130a

poo poo costs money, man

Cooper sent a letter asking him to reconsider and to include disaster relief in the 2018 budget. No news since.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Groovelord Neato posted:

everything should be transparent.

it's a joke we still aint seen the bin laden pics.
PEE

TAPE

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Spacebump posted:

Should journalists start carrying guns for protection against violent politicians?
Journalists are going to start showing up with security at events, and politicians with their own, to protect each other from anyone who isn't in their group.

Thankfully the US has so many guns to prevent anyone getting violent!

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

"When German Chancellor Angela Merkel visited President Donald Trump at the White House in March, she brought a visual aid to help Trump understand the menace posed by his would-be friend, Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Merkel brought a 1980s map of the former Soviet Union and noted the way its borders stretched for hundreds of miles to the west of Russia’s current boundary, according to a source who was briefed on the meeting. The German leader's point was that Putin laments the Soviet Union’s demise and, left unchecked, would happily restore its former borders. Merkel left Washington unconvinced that Trump had gotten the message, the source said."

The leader of Germany had to bring a loving visual aid to explain to the President of the United States of Goddamned America the state of affairs just 30 years ago.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

loling over here

Trump pulling really hard and making his weird smirk, "THIS IS FOR EARLIER", and Macron saying "alright buddy, calm down," and Trump just leaning in harder

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Man are we hosed

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

I mean, duh. I know that. I was speaking philosophically. It's not like we aren't still shipping tons of African Americans into prisons to work as slaves.
It's just their state of mind.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

What a King Kong sized idiot. Not a single loving person from NATO would hear that suggestion and think it is even remotely appropriate or possible.

Everyone is listening to this and not just laughing, but preparing for the United States not even existing (as far as their relationships go).

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

hanales posted:

Alright this kind of makes me angry.

https://www.facebook.com/berkeleybreathed/photos/a.114529165244512.10815.108793262484769/1577899202240827/?type=3&theater

If the image embed doesn't work, it appears Trump has sent his lawyers after Berkely Breathed for "unauthorized use of his image".

WHAT

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Who brought that to Trump's attention? And that inclusion, lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Tatsuta Age posted:

From President Donald Trump? Yeah

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Ah, it is fake, apparently the signature is wrong.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Spiritus Nox posted:

If the Supreme Court decides to hear the appeal on the muslim ban, do we have any idea how long it'll take for them to reach a ruling? Like, do we think that happens this year?
Isn't that two (at least...) circuits that have ruled against it? I don't know why the SC would grant petition, there's no split between circuit decisions.

I mean, it wouldn't STOP them but it would be unusual.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

rob quist will make anime real

Ol Standard Retard posted:

Editing to remove unnecessary snark but holy poo poo there's a PETROLEUM COUNTY in Montana lolll
I thought west coast states were all Pacific time zone???

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Tony Montana posted:

The militant Berkley kind? That's what I'm referring to and the world is seeing

You're as worthless here as in the F1 thread.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Daal. Every time I try making it at home it's never as good as when I order it. I probably don't use enough butter or something else terrible for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Seems about time for a BBQ derail.
I was converted from my long held opinion that beef ain't BBQ by Lockhart's in Dallas

• Locked thread