Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Popete posted:

Do you get a warning for an incoming SAM? Twice i was killed in the Loach from a commanders SAM but I didn't hear any warning or see any way to pop flares/chaff.

There's a very audible warning tone when a lock is being established. To counter just drop below 75m altitude and a lock shouldn't be established.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

There's a very audible warning tone when a lock is being established. To counter just drop below 75m altitude and a lock shouldn't be established.

Ah ok, I had the volume turned down last night so I probably just didn't notice.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Popete posted:

Ah ok, I had the volume turned down last night so I probably just didn't notice.

Headphones are a huge boon to situation awareness in this game.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

Headphones are a huge boon to situation awareness in this any game.

If you aren't playing games with headphones what are you doing?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
7.1 surround and hopefully, if I time it right with the proper visit, giving my father a severe PTSD relapse.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If you aren't playing games with headphones what are you doing?

I'm playing with headphones and look forward to being deaf soon.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Symetrique posted:

I'm playing with headphones and look forward to being deaf soon.

The ones that get me are the 'thunk' headshot ones. Made me jump several times now.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
ALL I WANT TO DO IN LIFE IS KILL VC

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Mega Comrade posted:

The ones that get me are the 'thunk' headshot ones. Made me jump several times now.

I like when it sounds like 10 bullets penetrating my head at once.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Mega Comrade posted:

I LOVE the headshots. And, yes, I've jumped multiple times from them.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mega Comrade posted:

https://streamable.com/emu3g

SPLAT

all the little brain gibs going flying :aaa:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i always think my game is crashing when i get head shot.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I LOVE the headshots. And, yes, I've jumped multiple times from them.

The metal *plink* from beaning American pig GI is so satisfying.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Please stop saying my favorite gun is bad :(

Don't ever hold the trigger down unless you're inside with the stock collapsed.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
finally figured out the trajectory of the rpg's to hit helis

it's amazing

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dvsilverwing posted:

Please stop saying my favorite gun is bad :(

Don't ever hold the trigger down unless you're inside with the stock collapsed.

the sites are bad though.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
also being a transport pilot :love:

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

And then two second later, Rooban shot me off of the Dshk

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Symetrique posted:

And then two second later, Rooban shot me off of the Dshk

uh, i bayoneted you, tyvm...

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Where my mosin boys at? :69snypa:

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Reaching goon critical mass to insta-votekick players is nice. No no pubbie, We Server now.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
So it turns out there's some pretty substantial bullet penetration in this. I was attacking Apartments on Hue, and the entire squad I was rolling with got wiped by gunfire that ripped through the walls. I lived because I was prone, and turned a little and fired full auto across the shelves on the right side of the room, getting a double kill and securing the capture.

Also, if you are attacking on Hue and need to get a foothold on C, I've found a spot that no one has ever noticed me at yet. I imagine people will start checking there soon, but for now, it's perfect.

If you go straight across the bridge, and then turn left and go up the stairs, you can see a little sandbag setup with a metal sheet for a roof. Go prone in that. Stay there until the cap is done.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Are there graphics tweaks that maximize important detail (players with guns) and minimizes trivial bullshit (leaves and such)?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Dumb question, but I thought I read something about character customization on the Steam store page. Can someone elaborate on this?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Hats, uniforms, skin. No stats, just visuals.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Glenn Quebec posted:

Dumb question, but I thought I read something about character customization on the Steam store page. Can someone elaborate on this?

It's how they handle progression. Every 5 levels or so you unlock small things like a new shirt or helmet/hat. I haven't seen anything too dramatic, so far the most customized I've seen has been an Ushanka wearing, shirtless VC.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sdoots posted:

So it turns out there's some pretty substantial bullet penetration in this. I was attacking Apartments on Hue, and the entire squad I was rolling with got wiped by gunfire that ripped through the walls. I lived because I was prone, and turned a little and fired full auto across the shelves on the right side of the room, getting a double kill and securing the capture.

Also, if you are attacking on Hue and need to get a foothold on C, I've found a spot that no one has ever noticed me at yet. I imagine people will start checking there soon, but for now, it's perfect.

If you go straight across the bridge, and then turn left and go up the stairs, you can see a little sandbag setup with a metal sheet for a roof. Go prone in that. Stay there until the cap is done.

Yeah, the higher caliber rifle rounds will go through most things, and things like the wood shacks are especially worthless as cover unless you have something more in there with you.

What's extra fun is the fire from the gunship will go through basically everything in the game, except the big grass pillars around some of the maps. :shrug:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

That's actually pretty cool. I don't like stats in most FPS games.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Is there a point to using the folding stock AK? It seems to be the "push button to make inaccurate" gun.

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY
I think they were going for not restricting FOV as much at the cost of actually using iron sights and accuracy so you can do spray and pray better when clearing out close quarters points.

I really haven't had any luck with it and it probably isn't worth doing.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
You can stay closer to a wall/corner because your gun is shorter and pop out and spray people but that's really the only advantage to it. Unless you're in a really tight area or you're forced to be as close to a wall as possible there's really not a reason to ever fold the stock up.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

bees everywhere posted:

Is there a point to using the folding stock AK? It seems to be the "push button to make inaccurate" gun.

It works a lot better on the SMG's and the Ithaca Stakeout, but it's okay-ish on the Type 56-1. If you're camping a building or moving into a building where ADSing is going to suck with a restrictive set of irons like the Type 56 has it's not a bad call. With the Grease Gun and Mat-49's I can get 30-35m kills pretty easily with a collapsed stock, and with the Stakeout 40-50m without much issue (the Stakeout gives me much longer OHK range than the Trench, I think something is hosed up there), but the Type 56-1 folded really isn't great outside of defending a doorway or tunnels.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

bees everywhere posted:

Did we ever figure out if you ran faster with it folded too? I remember that being a rumor in the beta, but that would involve me putting down the RPD/MAT49/AKM.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just remembered this game was a thing and got it today, this loving owns.

if you are a good and want play come my discord https://discord.gg/GHvtWfM

I will be in the voice chat, if there is already a central one let me know and I'll come there. I'd search more but I'm the MG and I'm playing atm.

soy fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 2, 2017

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Commanders who just sit at the spawn and ignore their radiomen are the loving worst.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Would this game be a recommend for me? I was pretty active in all the Battlefield games, up until BF1, which just didn't click with me. (not because of the setting, it just didn't have that certain something) Looking for something a bit different, while still being somewhat in the Battlefield-style neighborhood.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Would this game be a recommend for me? I was pretty active in all the Battlefield games, up until BF1, which just didn't click with me. (not because of the setting, it just didn't have that certain something) Looking for something a bit different, while still being somewhat in the Battlefield-style neighborhood.

I've played every BF game since 1942 at least 100hrs and I enjoy this game. I also enjoyed RO1, RO2 (somewhat).

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's VERY realistic (at least compared to Battlefield) so be prepared to die very fast, very often, and with little idea of where you got shot from.

Holy. loving. poo poo. I know this game brings out the Asian accent racism and it's borderline unplayable if you leave the voice chat on, but tonight my entire loving team decided to pretend to be Southern plantation owners, complete with all the racism and words that would entail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Holy. loving. poo poo. I know this game brings out the Asian accent racism and it's borderline unplayable if you leave the voice chat on, but tonight my entire loving team decided to pretend to be Southern plantation owners, complete with all the racism and words that would entail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVLukeA8EdM

• Locked thread