Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Dvsilverwing posted:

The game is good, buy it. Still under $20 on GMG.

The game is currently $15 on cdkeys and $11.5 on Kinguin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Not sure how I learned of this game only a couple of days ago despite playing plenty of RO1 and 2 back in the day, but it looks really fun so I went ahead and pre-ordered.

Happy to see the PPSh is back. :getin:

PPSh only exists on VC scouts though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

my kinda ape posted:

Sappers too!

I want to say they took it off sappers but it's been a while since I played that class. I know they took it off commander and I'm pissed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mega Comrade posted:

The ones that get me are the 'thunk' headshot ones. Made me jump several times now.

https://streamable.com/emu3g

SPLAT

all the little brain gibs going flying :aaa:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The places to put the little sapper mines are in doorways because (especially on Cu Chi) people will just rush in without looking. Was in a squad with goons and a sapper pubbie and between the two sappers we managed something like 20/25 mine kills.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

how does this compare to the other RO titles? i've played them all and generally my complaint is that the game is good but the community is terrible. with ten pages in two weeks, are there enough people playing this game to be worth it or are we already at the stage where the only populated servers are clan servers that votekick people for no reason

Community is still absolute dogshit (disable voice chat or at least turn it way the gently caress down); game has tons of people at the moment(but its slowly trending down to around 5,000 players a day).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Taking smoke grenades from squad leaders is a real loving dumb move; as it is scouts/pointmen rarely decide to chuck them unless they took it that as squad lead.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

pnutz posted:

it's a holdover from ro2, most of those are impractical but they would be facing howls of outrage from the rivet counters if they only half-implemented it otherwise

I've played RO2, you would be very hard pressed to fire more than 300 meters or so on any of the (early) maps.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I run the game in fullscreen mode at my monitor's native resolution (1280x1020).

The gently caress is this resolution?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

Yeah I think one or two maps hosed things up and set temp to 60c instead of 20-30c.

Saw it mentioned somewhere and they will fix it soon.

Realistically you should not be able to overheat barrels unless you fire through two entire mags/belts, plus you should have quick change barrels for both the 60 and the RPD (similarly the MG-34/42 had them in Red Orchestra.)

Being able to warp your barrel in 12 seconds is dumb and awful but that's Tripwire forever I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

the m16 isnt underloaded, 20-round magazines were the standard issue when the rifle was first released.

The M16 is underloaded to hold 18 rounds in a mag to simulate reliability problems with the 'disposable' magazine concept.

• Locked thread