Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008

Popete posted:

Yeah it's surprisingly easy to take down a chopper with just an AK. That's why you gotta be flying at full speed and make wide arching turns so you never slow down over the enemy.

I've managed to shoot a pilot in the air and watched it slam into the ground. It was a luck shot since I was shooting at the gunner and led the target too much. The crew survived and I managed to kill two before they mowed me down. I wish I got video of it since I'll likely never do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
What servers do most of you play on? I've been jumping on the official servers for a bit and want to play with some people who can coordinate and not just randoms since my friends are assholes and don't want to buy the game.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Just had a great match even though my team lost both rounds. The last round we got to spend the entire time listening to a guy speak in the worst Engrish ever. But why. I don't get it.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
I try to place as many trap as possible. I agree that they're underutilized. The best time to place traps is when you've just lost the points and need to retreat to defend another position. Nobody places traps and just tries to hang out to shoot GIs in the back.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Any time I get in a server we play An Lao to death. I played that map back to back so often that I forgot Song Be was a map and voted for that because I thought it was a new one.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
East side of D in An Lao Valley is perfect for that. I've started putting mines out there hoping I will get lucky enough for a helo to land on one.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Don't you have to pay for mumble?

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
I did an experiment. I played on a few official Tripwire servers and only got the GI GO HOME at the end of the match and the occasional person speaking in Engrish. Then I jumped on a server with custom maps and it was over the top racism and autistic screaming. After 30 or so minutes, the admin came on and kicked them. Then the server went back to GIs going home.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
Maybe it's the servers I always play on but when I'm playing on the Vietnamese side, the choppers destroy us because nobody ever shoots at them. The team relies solely on the RPG guys and don't fire until the GIs unload from the aircraft. It's like they have no idea small arms can hurt them.

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
I suppose that's fair. If I ever have a chance to shoot at the cockpit, I almost always take a few shots at it. I've managed to take down a few choppers thay way by killing the pilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamlet442
Mar 2, 2008
I leave squads if they don't lay down the tunnel. Every time I play, it seems that I have to remind the squad leader that they need to lay down a tunnel. I hate running across half the map to get to the next objective.

• Locked thread