Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Don't worry, Woop and I are experienced pilots who will carry all of you swiftly to your deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Pesticide20 posted:

I completely missed out on everything leading up to this game, to the point that I didn't know a sequel to Rising Storm was being made until last Thursday. I impulsively bought it because of how much fun I had with Rising Storm. How was the beta?

I thought RO2 was a huge letdown/waste of potential and I wasn't all that impressed with Rising Storm 1 but I had a blast with this during the beta. Also helps that it's <$20.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Party Plane Jones posted:

PPSh only exists on VC scouts though.

Sappers too!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Party Plane Jones posted:

I want to say they took it off sappers but it's been a while since I played that class. I know they took it off commander and I'm pissed.

Looks like they took it off the scout (was it ever there?) and it's on sapper. Scout and commander get that Map SMG.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
You can stay closer to a wall/corner because your gun is shorter and pop out and spray people but that's really the only advantage to it. Unless you're in a really tight area or you're forced to be as close to a wall as possible there's really not a reason to ever fold the stock up.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Mega Comrade posted:

Do you mean zooming while sprinting? Cos if so yeah that's a bug. Rebinding the button, even to itself will temporarily fix it. I think completely resetting the controls and relaunching the game got it to permanently go for me, or at least it hasn't returned in a while now.

IIRC there's a checkbox to turn it off in the settings.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

That was just a vampire turning into his bat form.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yes, but what we're complaining about is the fact that a lot of the time the barrel is clear of an obstacle but you still hit it.

Yeah the problem isn't "why are the bullets hitting the sandbag when my sight isn't on it", the problem is "why are the bullets hitting the sandbag when by barrel is clearly over it".

It's like the bullets aren't leaving the player's eyes or the barrel of the gun but a third point below the end of the barrel.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

guns for tits posted:

has anyone managed to go through one game without someone typing out "GI go home" in chat?

go home GI!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Yardbomb posted:

Just chiming in to say that the flamethrower fuckin owns. Send a gout of flame into some tunnels, down trenches or in a doorway/window, wait for screams, collect kills.

That and when you sneak up on a guy and give em the tiniest little poof of flame in the rear end.

It can fire really loving far too. You can be standing in the water in front of the factory that's the last point on Cu Chi and kill people shooting from the second story windows.

• Locked thread