Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I loved RO1 but really disliked RO2/RS. Wasn't expecting to like this game but holy poo poo it's grabbed me. I can't figure out why but it just has a draw that RS didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I checked out some custom maps last night and Cambodian Incursion seemed garbage for that reasons. It felt like literally every tree/rock I saw has a bad case of the hover.

I don't remember the name but the map prior in the rotation was some night map where the NVA defend a mansion and it's farms then a bridge. That map was cool and pretty good,

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Holy poo poo the way they filter light and silhouette objects when there is a smoke grenade with a light source behind it is amazing

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
I've been playing nothing but the custom maps servers and there is some great poo poo out there already.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Even when the custom maps aren't finished or have flaws, it's way more fun to me than playing the same old territories maps over and over.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Hamlet442 posted:

I leave squads if they don't lay down the tunnel. Every time I play, it seems that I have to remind the squad leader that they need to lay down a tunnel. I hate running across half the map to get to the next objective.

I would honestly rather be in my own squad and place a good tunnel for myself than a full squad with no/poo poo tunnel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Pumped for the heli keybinding. I really want collective on W and S. Right now the rest of the control scheme feels pretty good but I basically need to constantly remind myself to not try to use w and s

• Locked thread