Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Game is good and fun and I will play with you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Man people faking Viet Cong accents gets old fase

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Only thing I don't like is removing smoke grenades from squad leaders

That and nobody on VC seems to throw down traps

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Mercrom posted:

This game suffers from terrible design decisions. Markers on friendly targets are disabled by default which is dumb. I also I hate having to open my map constantly to see where my team is and where they died. I wish the developers would put in a minimap and stop pretending this is a milsim and not a twitch shooter.

They're good decisions actually.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Mercrom posted:

Can you explain? If it's supposed to encourage voice communication it sure as hell isn't working.

You should know where the lines are and hold them. Lone wolfing isn't going to help the team. Both sides have different animations so that's a big cue as to who is friendly and who isn't. It's not a milsim but it is aiming for a more immersive and realistic game than say battlefield

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Had a team with a guy who killed more teammates than enemies with the rpg last night. That was fun.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Had a great squad today. Instead of capping points we did nothing but destroy squad tunnels on the first two points of Hill.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I name all my VC squads Communist Cuties because it's what we are

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Find and favorite servers that ban people for excessive poo poo like that

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

People don't place squad tunnels and I get extremely angry irl

Ask them nice and guilt them into putting one down. That's what I do

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

There is a dedicated, 60 tick server running only this map.

I played that yesterday on a mixed user made server. Second best of what I played.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Ah man my favorite server hasn't put votekick back in after it being abused now tons of hackers

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Slurs down hacking up

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

GyverMac posted:

Played on a server just now with 35-40 people. The game became really intense and people were able to flank and do all sorts of tactics that you cant do with 64 meatheads crowding the server and bullets spraying everywhere. I dont know why people have such a hardon for 64 player servers, it is just a frustrating slaughterhouse most of the time.

People think more players equals more fun for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You are all idiots because the obvious best use of artillery is directly on the point we're capping and, in fact, a little on our side.

I'm the commander yelling "Danger close!!!" after the first shells hit

• Locked thread